It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GPS and the NWO

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Ok, so I was looking around the internet today for an in-car GPS system and I came upon an article that talked about the government requiring all cell phones to automatically transmit their position via GPS in the event of a 911 call. I can understand the logic behind this, but it got me thinking about other applications of GPS. There seems to be a move away from paper currency as more and more people transfer money electronically through credit cards and the internet.

Some people have specualted that one day we all might have a chip implanted in us that keeps our bank balance and we will use that chip to make all transactions as this would pretty much eliminate identity theft. But, back to the GPS topic - what if the government says, "Oh by the way, let's have all these chips transmit GPS info so people can be rescued in case of emergency, found if they are lost in the wilderness, etc. Once you have that, *bingo* instant surveillance of each and every individual. Additionally, it is also plausible to assume that if we move to this chip system that people without a chip implant will not be able to make any purchases and thus will be forced to go back to a hunting/gathering lifestyle in the wilderness somewhere to avoid being tracked.

I should make it clear that this post is based on pure speculation, but I think the events mentioned are relevant assuming the NWO exists. If anyone has any thoughts on this, please post them.

[edit on 30-1-2006 by Rock Lobster]

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 12:40 AM
link   
As far as the cell phone thing goes, you don't even need the use of GPS satellites, you can triangulate the phone's position using just two towers that are receiving its signal. That's why us amateur radio "geeks" have what we call foxhunts, where we have a contest to locate a hidden transmitter. It can be done with two people working together, or with a single beam antenna.

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Hmm, that's interesting, I didn't know that. I don't think it really gives evidence to support or detract from my initial post, although no one seems to care too much about it anyway. Oh well, at least I learned what a foxhunt is. Thanks therainmaker!

[edit on 31-1-2006 by Rock Lobster]

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rock Lobster
. Additionally, it is also plausible to assume that if we move to this chip system that people without a chip implant will not be able to make any purchases and thus will be forced to go back to a hunting/gathering lifestyle in the wilderness somewhere to avoid being tracked.

I should make it clear that this post is based on pure speculation, but I think the events mentioned are relevant assuming the NWO exists. If anyone has any thoughts on this, please post them.

Certainly what you postulate is smack in the middle of Biblical prophecy in Revelation regardin the Mark of The Beast without which no one will be able to buy or sell--but WITH which no one will be able to enter Heaven.

I'm curious, what folks hereon consider to be the probability of this being required within the next 3-25 years.

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Anything I say on this subject is, of course, just opinion, but with the slow progression towards implantable microchips and paperless money as well as national ID cards and other related things, I do think such things are going to happen soon. I think within 10 years, everyone will be required to have a card that will be used for everything. ID, money, access to different locations and services. A chip is possible, but a card is probable. At first, anyway.

Again, this is just my speculation.

Now, regarding GPS. As far as I know, and I am not knowledgeable on this subject, a GPS antenna would require a power source, and probably a fairly powerful one, which I would imagine would take up space. If it were an implanted chip, where would the power source be? If someone knows the facts on these things, please inform us.

[edit on 1-2-2006 by LoganCale]

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 11:48 PM
link   
As far as "GPS and the NWO"is concerned I`m GPS and yes i`m against it.

The great tug of war

GPS
God---------people---------Satan

posted by Rocklobster

"Oh by the way, let's have all these chips transmit GPS info so people can be rescued in case of emergency, found if they are lost in the wilderness, etc. Once you have that, *bingo* instant surveillance of each and every individual. Additionally

Yes that may happen,but would be irrelevant to their goals,if you had a chip implant with all necessary living information on it,they wont care where your at.You will have to go to them.

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Here some more speculation for you. as far as the prevent identity theft thing, Nrky did a podcast about hacking the rfid chip to steal your identity. As for the mark of the beast thing check this out it will freak you out
its the anti christ slideshow. Very scary crap

www.remnantofgod.org...

[edit on 2-2-2006 by SoLaR513]

[edit on 2-2-2006 by SoLaR513]

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoganCale

Now, regarding GPS. As far as I know, and I am not knowledgeable on this subject, a GPS antenna would require a power source, and probably a fairly powerful one, which I would imagine would take up space. If it were an implanted chip, where would the power source be? If someone knows the facts on these things, please inform us.

[edit on 1-2-2006 by LoganCale]

Yes. You need and external power source. (IE. Batteries). A camcorder battery will power our receivers for about 6 hours, give or take, depending on whether or not the battery has built up a memory of any sort. The precision and accuracy of GPS can also fall victim to poor satellite geometry, high ionospheric interferences, occurrences such as solar flares, multipath, obstructions of the sky, etc.......

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 06:58 PM
link   
So a camcorder battery only lasts six hours. Unless there is some sort of revolutionary advancement in miniature battery technology, I don't think we'll have to worry about implanted tracking chips.

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by gps777
Yes that may happen,but would be irrelevant to their goals,if you had a chip implant with all necessary living information on it,they wont care where your at.You will have to go to them.

What I meant to imply by this statement was that if someone got a chip and then started speaking out against the government or something, they could be tracked down easily. This is also assuming that the NWO would be coming to power/in power at this time and actively trying to suppress any opposition.

Thanks for all the posts, I guess I didn't think this one through far enough as it looks like there would be no way to have GPS on the hypothetical chip for now.

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Ofcourse this is based on the technology we have seen. You know the whole we'll show the public some tid bits to get used to the whole idea then when were ready will bring out the real tech we've perfected over years.[ just a thought]

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Wow, just had an experience this past weekend that reminded me of this thread.

You don't have to believe this, but trust me for as much as you will trust me, that I would never post misleading information on this site.

My monthly National Guard drill was running an advanced land nav course. Due to a strange recruiting trend, we have a lot of older folks coming into our unit now (same trend happened in early 2003...not sure what causes it...but that's beside the point), and some of these guys are pretty stubborn, lazy, and set in their ways. Remember we have all kinds of people from blue collar laborers to a local district attorney in our unit.

Anyhow, we had a very long class on map and compass. Even for some of us who have been doing this for years, we had to sit through everything from the basics to the more advanced tricks of the trade.

When we took a break about midway through the class, I was chatting with an officer who is a friend of mine, when one of the new recruits (older end of the scale, no prior service, has not been to Basic yet) came up and said he was very bored and could not understand why we need to learn archaic techniques like map and compass. His argument was, why learn all of this when we have the wonders of modern technology with tiny little GPS units. The officer that was present chuckled a bit and said something to the effect of, "map and compass is always good to know, and you can forget about GPS in battle because we would shut it right down. We already have a different and more precise technology that makes GPS navigation obsolete, anyhow." I kept a straight face and just nodded, as if I knew what he meant. But to tell you the truth a chill went down my spine, as I remembered reading recently on this site (Aviation forum, I believe) about how the government has technology that's about 20 years ahead of what they admit to the public.

Take it or leave it, that's what I heard...

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 03:07 PM
link   
This is not related to GPS neccessarily, but Slashdot linked to an article about a new RFID chip that's only 7.5 microns thick.

Article link

I'm fairly certain RFID can't be tracked from more than a few feet away, but I'm guessing this must be a passive tag to be that small? (Passive tags work without a power source and can take power from the signal - active tags require a power source.) According to Wikipedia, the smallest active tags are the size of a coin.

Is there such a thing as a passive GPS receiver that can get power from the signal?

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Is there such a thing as a passive GPS receiver that can get power from the signal?

No, not to my knowledge. All of the GPS that is used in my profession require a power source. Even the hand held fishing and hunting jobbies need batteries. GPS is really not what I would call passive. You see we have two receivers. One is a base, set on a known point, with known coordinates, connected to a radio. You could also use a CORS(Continuously Operating Reference Station) as your base. The base says "Here I am...Here I am.....Here I am". Make sense? The other is a rover. The rover has no known coordinates, over an unknown point, using the same radio channel as the base for communication. The rover says "Ok.....Yoo Hoo....There you are base. We're talking now. You are there(meaning the base). Ok. From what you are telling me, I am here, at these coordinates". Once you have the required accuracy, you can store the coordinates in your receiver for later download and processing. Now that point has been "locked" into space by the data from the base. All points will be on the same plane as the base, so to speak.

Using the CORS is a bit different. The CORS requires that the rover have a cell phone connection, which "taps" into the data being downloaded by the station. You actually get MUCH better range using the CORS, but accuracy sometimes called suffers.

Of course, we are talking mm range of accuracy requirements here. Most people do not need this high of an accuracy, but we do.

[edit on 8-2-2006 by SurveyGirl]

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Thanks very much for that info. While I'm open to the possibility that the government has far more advanced technology than is publicly available, there is no way to prove that at the time being, so I'd say this is a pretty good conclusion that as far as we can tell, it's not possible to do such a thing right now.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I'm taking a course in RF communications this term at school, using this book that you can view on Google books. If you go to page 728, you will see GPS receiver specifications listed in a table, where a receiver works on a total of 115mW (79+36) and has an area of 11.2mm^2.

That's a pretty small chip, probably about the size of one of the letters I'm typing right now. The only thing is, I don't know of any power source that can produce 115mW that is small enough to go along with the small chip. If you could somehow get that power down to the microwatts range, you could use "energy scavenging devices" that work on principles such as body heat, body mechanical motion, and so forth, to generate small amounts of electrical power.

Looking through my prof's powerpoint slides (which I probably shouldn't give out due to copyright reasons) I notice he has a few interesting links I'll post and then discuss.

www.fuelcellsworks.com...
This experimental chip has a turbine blade that can spin at over a million revolutions per minute, and it's the size of a nickel. Only problems with this: it's still experimental, as of the time of the article, and it actually shoots out a tiny stream of exhaust gas, so it's not going to be very implantable. No figures are given for the power generated, but I'll bet it's a lot (at least compared to the size of this thing)

www.computerworld.com...
Here's another one where the researchers are working on 'smart dust' that is powered by piezoelectricity generated from vibrations or movement.

Another one in my prof's notes (the link is dead, sorry...) is by our good friends at Applied Digital Solutions (they own VeriChip Corporation, the Verichip creators) that "is a 1.5cm^2 device that generates 40 microwatts based on a 5 degree difference in temperature" off of the heat created by the human body. It's still in development phase too. This prof also has in his notes that the human body generates 5 to 15 milliwatts/cm^2, so if that could be harnessed, that would take about 10cm^2 to power the abovementioned GPS receiver chip.

en.wikipedia.org...
A decent primer on what GPS is

www.adsx.com...
www.adsx.com...
www.adsx.com...
www.adsx.com...
www.adsx.com...

I'm trying to see if there's anything that ADS doesn't want to chip... but there doesn't seem to be.

www.technovelgy.com...
description of an active RFID tag; fairly long range (100s of feet) but larger than passive RFID and more expensive; also, cannot run without batteries.

www.technovelgy.com...
description of a passive RFID tag; incredibly small, cheap, and last 20 years or more, but can only be read a few feet away with a scanner.

There's a ton of potential in this field, for both good and bad. I'm really worried about the bad, though; it would be so easy to abuse. Hopefully I'll know enough by the end of this course to understand better how these things work and how to block them...

I seriously doubt it. GPS satellites transmit at extremely low power levels; received signals are of the order of -130dBm (from Lee's book linked to in 1st paragraph, p717) and that is nowhere near enough to power a passive device by a long shot. That figure also assumes you aren't inside a building, and that the satellite is fairly new, so it's even worse if that isn't true. Bottom line: unless there's some really amazing tech out there that I've never even heard of, passive GPS receivers aren't going to happen for a long time.

If my prof mentions any more cool stuff about GPS, I'll put it up here. He spends a lot of time yapping about cell phones and GPS and stuff like that, instead of actually teaching us how to design RF circuits, which is what the course is about, lol.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Apologies for double post, but I just found this thread that will interest anyone reading here.

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

Hitachi just came out with a passive (at least I assume so, from the description) RFID chip that is tinier than a grain of salt...

EDIT: two news stories I found on my google homepage:

news.com.com...
Another interesting story about low power research on small chips.

news.com.com...
Microsoft has been awarded a patent on all devices that harness the human body. I'm no expert on patent law, but this thing looks like it encompasses a LOT of different areas of technology.

[edit on 8-2-2006 by DragonsDemesne]

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I'm certainly no expert in this field of knowledge, but I do know that the U.S. government is planning to have Text Red ALL livestock animals implanted with a RFID chip and the owners of said livestock will need to give their location, address, etc. so they can be followed by GPS. If the technology doesn't exist for humans, they must be pretty close. Also, I just read where Britain intends to have mandatory chip implants for all British citizens in 2 years.

-Forestlady

posted on Feb, 18 2006 @ 08:38 AM
link   
to be honest people who will get us to use these chips will soon realise that they are no use what so ever, they spending all this money for us lot to have implanted bio chips is seriouslly insain

1. a dissabled person wouldent be able to go and get there shopping if they had to stay home and only he could be able to use it

2. a person would not like to be operated on just for security
and if they said i have no choice then i would say, what the feck has happed to my god given rights as a human being..
am i just a lab rat huh? sorry but no, i will deny to be treated this way
and would go against it.. would you?

3. you never know what they could download to the chip and make you do things

4. i would see it as a non human thing to put on the public

Say no to implaints, you have rights!

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by skywatcher7
to be honest people who will get us to use these chips will soon realise that they are no use what so ever, they spending all this money for us lot to have implanted bio chips is seriouslly insain

Yes, I think most people would be opposed to this, which is why the government would have to gradually ease the idea into the public consciousness. I saw someone posted earlier about chips being implanted into cows - that would qualify as a preliminary step. Also, if these chips were eventually the only way to make purchases, then people would either have to get them or find a way to live outside of mainstream society. Of course, this is just speculation at this point in time.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join