It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China plans 1,000 disaster shelters

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 02:25 PM
link   
China is planning to build a large number of underground shelters in hopes of protecting people from disasters such as earthquakes and major fires.

Underground shelters to protect them from
earthquakes?

PLEEEEEAAASE!

www.abc.net.au...

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 02:29 PM
link   
China is starting to sound like the New USSR!

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Wow....with 1.29533 Billion people in China, they can't be expecting to protect them all....unless of course their under-ground facilities will accomodate 1,295,330 people per shelter!!! Why only 1,000 shelters?? Who will qualify to enter the shelters...?? I can't believe they haven't thought this through...I wonder what their answer would be....? Any speculations???

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Probably the usual important people needed to keep
society functioning as determined by the government.

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I am thinking that in the case that the shelters actually need used, there will be mass-chaos as people flock to these shelters and try to squeeze in... Regardless whether or not the Chinese government tries to regulate who can access these shelters, I am sure they will have thousands attempting "un-authorized" entry... There seems to be a bunch of loose ends and poor planning on the part of their government...unless we don't have the entire story....??? Any thoughts?

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 09:35 PM
link   
They dont need shelters for all of em because the rest of them will be invading America.

new topics

top topics

join