It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Favorite Star Wars novels.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I have Splinters of the Mind's Eye but I have yet to read it. I am going top hopefully pick up the book that's about the Outbound Flight Project.

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Splinter is pretty good. It's the oldest of the Star Wars novels (Written I beleive not long after the original movie aired, before Empire)
The author wrote another book in the Star Wars pantheon "The Approaching storm" It's set right before Attack of the Clones but is pretty slow. Not bad really, just slow, kind of like Rogue Planet by Greg Bear.

On a side note, has anyone heard anything about plans to turn some of the Clone Wars and Dark Empire comics into novels? I'd read that somewhere. Something about Lucas at first saying no, but due to fan demand he's actually considering it.
I sure as hell hope so, as I've previously stated, the Clone Wars storyline was bombed by the insistence of putting the best threads into the comics and the animated series.
Still pisses me off.

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Splinter of the Mind's Eye (Alan Dean Foster) is a good book. The only problem with it is that it was written before Episode V was shown in theaters. This means that there are some rather large inconsistencies between this book and the movie lines. I won't go into specifics, but there's one very large instance I can think of right away that I still remember, even though I read the book about 10 years ago. (You'll know what it is when you hit that part...)

<< 1   >>

join