I know some of you out there read the Star Wars novels.
I know Gazrok does, and so do I.
What I want is people to list their favorties and why.
Here's my list.
1. Cloak of Deception by James Luceno: I love the political overtones of this work. Pretty insightfull considering its a sci-fi novel. Luceno must
read up on conspiracy theories.
2. Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter by Michael Reeves: How can you not love a novel solely around the kickass Sith from ep-1. jar jar should've died, not
3. Shadows of the Empire by Steve Perry: My absolute favorite Star Wars novel of all time. Prince Xixor was possibly the coolest villian ever besides
Maul or Vader or the Yuuzhan Vong. Vader is a badass in this book. This is absolutely a must read.
4. Solo Command by Aaron Alston: Incredible space battles, hillarity, whats not to love?
5. The Last Command by Timothy Zahn: Admiral Thrawn is possibly the best post episodic Imperial character of all time. A shame he had to go. The
Empire rules!!!!! Read this book to know why.
6. Isards Revenge by Mike Stackpole: The best of the Battletech authors makes a successfull foray into Star Wars (he wrote most of the X-wing series
before this one) and this book is a good one. Ysaane Isard is a cool female villian. Although her return is a little weak, it was nice to see the
finality of her reign.
7. Vector Prime by R.A. Salvatore: Salvatore introduces us to the Yuuzhan Vong and the greatest storyline ever in Star Wars. (Yes, better than
8. Star by Star by Troy Denning: Gigantic space battles, a fallen hero, drama and the loss of one of the most important worlds in the SW universe to
the ruthless invaders. My second fav of all the SW novels.
9. Destinys Way by Walter Jon Williams: Huge, epic space battles, well written politics and finally some hope for the good guys. A major villian bites
the dust as well.
Well thats my list. I haven't read all of mthe SW novels (not enough time, still reading the NJO) but this accurately shows my favs.
Hope I'm not the only Star Wars nerd on this forum.