It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chandler Wobble

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Lloyd Stewart Carpenter stated last night on C2C that the Chandler Wobble STOPPED sometime in the last month... Could this be true? Did this happen? I have googled for it, but have come up with nothing recent. He was even asked to confirm his statement, and he did. Comments on this? Can anyone find a link to a news bit that says the Chandler Wobble stopped recently? I would think that if this was true, this would be headlines, wouldn't it?
Apparently, it stopped due to the changing polar shift which may soon be coming.

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Well you may be on to something. Judging by The Hutton Commentaries website, it started slowing down in 2004, and it does look like it came to a stop here recently. I dont know what that could mean for us, but it would be an interesting topic to discuss. They only noticed the wobble in the late 1800's so there really is not anything to go off of. It may be the reason a lot of us are having strange weather. I know that here in Missouiri, we are having the warmest Jan. in our recorded history, but once again, they didnt start keeping records untill I believe the late 1800's.

[edit on 29-1-2006 by mrsdudara]

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Data says earth is still wobbling, what Clark is seeing another story.

During the first hour of the national radio broadcast of Coast to Coast AM on January 28, 2006, Lloyd Stewart Carpenter reported that the Chandler wobble has stopped (i.e., its amplitude has reduced to zero) -- which could be a harbinger of a catastrophic pole shift. This is however completely unfounded speculation as the actual recorded data shows no indication that the wobble has stopped, or shows any signs of stopping. If it did stop for any length of time this would be of great interest in gaining a better understanding the causes, but would not cause any catastrophic changes in the overall rotation axis of the planet.
en.wikipedia.org...

More info:
hpiers.obspm.fr...
hpiers.obspm.fr...
maia.usno.navy.mil...
maia.usno.navy.mil...

Clark is trying to sell his religous based doomsday books and they should check his head for a wobble.
www.spiralupdatenews.com...

join