It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret society in Greece?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I have heard tha there is a secret society in Greece that goes underground at thursday night to worship (as if they follow concealment). Any ppl here from Greece to confirm or deny this plz?
regards

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 02:25 PM
link   
That sounds fascinating. I looked around a little for why a group would have a worship day on thursday, and apparently a lot of people consider thursday to be the day when jesus' crucifixtion started.
This page has some interesting information:

bibletools.org...
John 20:16-19 absolutely proves which Sabbath during the Days of Unleavened Bread God intends us to use to determine wavesheaf Sunday. These verses show that Jesus ascended to the Father to be accepted on the day following the weekly Sabbath. In the year Jesus was crucified, Passover was on a Wednesday. He was still in the grave when the first day of Unleavened Bread, a Thursday Sabbath, passed by. He rose from the dead late on the weekly Sabbath and was "waved" before God for acceptance on the Sunday morning following the weekly Sabbath. The Pharisees and rabbinic Jewry were wrong in using the day after the first day of Unleavened Bread Sabbath. The Sadducees were correct in using the weekly Sabbath. Taken together, these factors point conclusively to the wavesheaf day as being on a Sunday, the day following the weekly Sabbath within the Days of Unleavened Bread.

and here we find

www.dccsa.com...

Just as Moses was on holy ground when he saw God in the burning bush, and so he had to take off his shoes, we show that a given piece of time is holy, by avoiding all unnecessary worldly work on that time. We turn away from doing our own pleasure on that day (Ex. 3:2-5; Isa. 58:13-14).

The New Testament scripture, not just the Jews, calls the First Day of Unleavened Bread "for that sabbath day was an high day," (John 19:31), which was on a Thursday in A.D. 30. Why should we believe that Thursday Sabbath and High Day is not holy also? Such days are holy independently of whether any human being recognizes them as such.

Do you know if they have any other secret holidays? Do you know if they eat unleavend bread on this day or that they use the eucharist on that day?

Do you recall where in greece this occurs?

Perhaps this is an orthodoxic christian group? Or if they do this relatively secretive, perhaps they are a non-orthodoxic christian group?

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 06:25 AM
link   
I heard that a greek man who came to lebanon to a druze village connected the druzes to a sect in greece that goes underground in thursday night like the druzes.

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 08:54 AM
link   
perhaps its just a colony of druze lebanese ex-pats? That'd be fascinating in itself, especially to see if they drop the 'islamishness' and adopt 'christianity-ishness'. Do you have anymore information? What was the source on this? Can you find out more?

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I heard this info from a friend. I'd better have some greek guys to explain better the origins of these ppl. thnx anyway.

top topics

join