It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon: Internet Is 'Enemy Weapons System'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 08:19 PM
link   
NO I am not suggesting that lawmakers cannot be bought at all. I am saying that a broke/piss poor government is limited in its ability to interfear in your private buisness. Governments will always be sold to the highest bidders...in rich or poor times. This is not new. The problem here in the West is hiding it. This is considered more normal in some countrys to buy government .. a certain larceny in government and buisness is expected ..even tolerated....not here.
To keep Government broke you have to go back to real money..gold and silver coinage. This means no printing presses for government money. Hence limited government. Government will still be wont to be bought and sold..but individually this gaurantees more rights and libertys to the general public..because government ..state local and federal tends to be broke and must operate in a budget.
Look at the deficit figures back before Silver coinage disappeared..in June of 1968..look at them back before Gold disappeared in 1933 or so. Look at them to day in a time of fiat phoney money ..and the governments ability to buy its way into state and local governments.
A broke Government usually means a free people..there is almost nothing for them to do. No money...understand.??

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Are you saying that the u.s government has no money so they have no power to interfere in our private lives? What about the wire tapping, the foreclosure on msn and yahoo IP lists, what about the government agency or agencies who sit around and put out disinformation on the internet? What about all the tech and training in the military in the fields of surveilance, interrogation? The list goes on and on and all this crap costs money, and its coming from somewhere,ie taxes and private industry. And are you saying that they dont interfere with peoples lives? What about the widows and orphans of dead soldiers? You dont think the government interefered in some way in their lives? And how about all the people displaced by Katrina and the governments ineptitude in handling the situation?

P.S. orangetom1999, Im not attacking you, I respect your opinions, Im just trying to understand, and Im typing all of this in a very calm tone

[edit on 5-2-2006 by SoLaR513]

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 09:31 PM
link   
You cant control the internet.
I worked has a network administrator for almost an year.
The Internet does not belong to one country or to a specific place.
You cant say here is the internet let's lock it down, no more internet.
The net is a bunch of servers on line world wide and no one controls them exept the owners.
The only way to crash the internet(partial would be to screw with the satelites)
I say partialy because now people prefere to expand by optic fiber from country to country.
There are milions and milions of alternative connections that connects you to the big chunk of servers (the internet) to shut them all off it's imposible.
I can even connect from another country to the internet a uplink dish or
just dial away and your connected from the other part of the world.
I would like them to try to control it
what a dream.

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 09:49 PM
link   
No you cant control or lock down the internet although some would try [look at china] However the government can monitor the internet and profile people, decide they are a dissenter, and then go after them.

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by SoLaR513
No you cant control or lock down the internet although some would try [look at china] However the government can monitor the internet and profile people, decide they are a dissenter, and then go after them.

Solar if one had something to hide there are means to be anonimos on the internet, you can search and post and no one will know where you are.
There are anonymos porxys world wide and they cant do anithing to find you.
It's all related to the ip matter, hide your ip and they cant find you.
I'm sure most of us walk on the internet with a direct connection with out any cover because we feel we got nothing to hide.
Once they start puting stuff on us just for free speach you will see many take cover hidding their address, honestly they can study all they want my boring life and eventualy get bored of me or maybe not maybe this is a tactic to shut us all up, either way there are ways to make sure you remain private.
If they know who is who right now and try to pull a stunt like that it would be their loss because people would become protective using mejures.
In the end it's their loss, in the end they would end up knowing nothing.
So a smart thing is to keep it low and spy.
What can i say the curent us administration is idiotic.

[edit on 5-2-2006 by pepsi78]

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Id say at this stage "they" are just in the gather intel build profile part. But as time goes on and they continue to strip our freedoms and pass legislation like the patriot act then we might see people start to show up missing because of things like anti-govt sentiment whether they have anything to hide or not.

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by SoLaR513
Id say at this stage "they" are just in the gather intel build profile part. But as time goes on and they continue to strip our freedoms and pass legislation like the patriot act then we might see people start to show up missing because of things like anti-govt sentiment whether they have anything to hide or not.

Yea just like in north corea
his missing ohh nothing to worry they took him, it's alright.
I dont get it, i really dont.
I'll explain.
Fight not with violence but with knolege, i curently do not live in united states.
Here is what i would do.
1 Gather a group of people. be as transparent as we can be and as democratic as posible.

2 The project.
Flood the media with overwelming evidence e-mails, letters they will ignore one but they cant ignore hundreds or posible thoulsands
Flood your congres man with mails, letters.

I would mail every chanel out there.

Just look at this thread, it's the reality of things.
www.abovetopsecret.com...'

No one is doing anithing not even ATS, i will come more and more to the conclusion that ATS is some sort of get the idea out of them so thats what you think hmmmm.
Well thanks we now know who you are.

Why isnt ats doing projects similar to the one i have mention above?
Maybe it's not in their best intrest?

If every one got together and did this sort of project you would be amased
on the results.
And to better do it just put your hand on a pen and write the clasic way, better than sending a e-mail, that way they will know it's not just one guy playing around.

How about cnn gets in one day hundreds of letters with facts?and the next day again and again until they will say okay okay will make it live.
and not just cnn every chanel out there.
Fight with knolege, exposure is dedly:lol i must say.
But for the time being no one is doing anithing, we deserve our destiny for doing nothing.
Man can shape his destiny, just a little work in to it from each is reqierd.

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Damn, Souljah!

You're always beating me to the punch. Oh well, at least I can add info on this...

Doomsday For The Internet As We Know It?

Once again, Paul has put together an excellent article with links to the claims it makes. I wonder when the mainstream will start backing up their claims like this...

So, they're planning to attack "enemy" websites, give preference to companies who pay to send emails, switch power over to Internet 2, and start massively tracking everything on the current internet. Oh, yeah, it all looks pretty harmless to me...doesn't look like the alternative media and the US citizen is the target.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by orangetom1999

The only reason and goal to which I can constantly arrive is that the events are not being controlled by and for Americans per se...but Internationalists...people or groups who do not have Americas intrests at heart but instead the intrests of others..non Americans.

exactly

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join