It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bullet Flies As Lawmaker's Gun Fires In Statehouse

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 11:10 AM
link   
And we trust these people to make our laws and guide us? hmmmm :shk:

Entire Story -----> www.channel3000.com...

RICHMOND, VA. -- It was a close call at the Richmond, Va., statehouse.

Delegate Jack Reid said he was unloading his handgun in his legislative office when the weapon went off by accident, sending a bullet zinging across the room.

It was stopped by a bulletproof vest hanging on the door. No one was injured. Reid said the gun discharged while he was removing the clip.

Looking somber and shaken, Reid apologized to fellow lawmakers in a brief floor statement.

He does have a permit to carry a concealed weapon.

- One Man Short

[edit on 27-1-2006 by One Man Short of Manhood]

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 02:20 PM
link   
The gun might have discharged when he removed the magazine, but his removing the magazine did not cause the discharge. Just about the only way for this to happen is for the gun to be cocked and for the trigger to be pulled. I would bet my lunch money that he removed the magazine, erroneously assumed that the gun was unloaded, having forgotten to empty the chamber, aimed the pistol at his door, where there was, fortunately, a protective vest, and he pulled the trigger, thinking it would be a dry fire. With today's modern weaponry, it can be safely said that there are no accidental discharges, only negligent ones.

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 02:05 PM
link   
The story has been deleted off of their website, but my question would by why he felt it necessary to carry a firearm into the statehouse with him? If he is worried about personal security, I would be surprised because all the extra security imposed after 9/11.

Oh well, can we consider him a possible future candidate for the Darwin Awards?

JDub

new topics

join