It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RSV and your kids

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Several members of my bf's family are in the childcare profession, from pre- school teachers to governmental oversight agencies, and, apparently, RSV (Respiratory Syncytial Virus) is becoming a major problem. I'm gonna get him to fill me in some more later and then I'll edit this post, but, quickly, he recounted a conversation in which one family member (who lives in VA and has small children herself) mentioned a potentially lethal virus, RSV, spreading throughout her district. Another relative (from NY), shocked, shared her own (albeit limited) experience with the virus: at a recent departmental meeting for one of those oversight agencies, she asked a question about it, something along the lines of "what is this and should we be worried." The nurse who was present looked at her like, how do you know about that and how dare you ask me in this meeting?!?!

I smell conspiracy. I don't have any kids of my own, nor do my friends, so I wasn't sure who to ask... then I thought of you guys. What do you think? RSV doesn't seem to be a 'new' disease, but maybe its morphed into something more lethal.

Here's what I could find on it:
The CDC
Can Early Treatment Make a Difference? @ RSV Info Center

join