It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China's biggest problem before becoming superpower: pollution

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I think the biggest problem for China currently is pollution. And the pollution is causing inevitable crisis in near future, such as people's health, drinking water quality, deterioriate of soil--which is key for food..

The second biggest problem is the polorization of society, there are still 600 million people earn far less than $3000 per year. Peope drive from Beijing to 300km west just like experiencing travel from developed country to developing country.

The third biggest problem is the corruption. I would consider it is not that big as most other people think. Just think about Korea, Taiwan and their 20 or 30 years ago. So, my conculsion is: as long as giving enough time for the transition towards more democratic society, the corruption situation will be getting better.

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 03:46 AM
link   
I believe the biggest problem for China currently is not pollution. That's population.There are so many people in China.Food,pollution,polorization,corruption and so on,all of them come from population problem.The natural resource is limited,so many people share them.What will be happen?

new topics

join