It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DO you think our world will ever be united? Or will mankind always wage war?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 03:53 AM
link   
I do think some day our world will be united some day. Not tomorow not one year from now maybe in like 200 hundred years.

I just want to hear yours guys opinion.

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Unless a forceful NWO take over happens where all independent thought is eradicated, there will always be wars. The fact is that humans across the world have different looks, cultures, politics, and religion. These things clash and cause wars even without dictator spawned wars of conquest. A united world will not happen unless all these differences are removed, and the only way to remove them would be to kill each and every person that went against the idea of a united world. Which is what the NWO would have in mind.

[Edited on 2-10-2003 by heelstone]

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ricko
I do think some day our world will be united some day. Not tomorow not one year from now maybe in like 200 hundred years.

I just want to hear yours guys opinion.

I hate to say this, but I think that Warmongering is all part of Human Nature. There will always be those that feel the need to control others. I don't believe that there was ever a time in human history where there has been no wars.

To unite an entire world (7 Billion People) then you would need to take away religion completely, or force everyone into a single one. A one world government would be required to cotrol the world consistently throughout.

Basically all reasons that cause a war would need to be taken care of, this would also mean that civil rights would probably be reduced. This could lead to civil wars, so you are right back to where you started.

Well thats my opinion, I believe our civilisation will always be at war, think of the Animal kingdom. Animals work on an instinctive level and between animal factions they 'war' over territory and food, for example, silver-backed Gorrillas war with each other. It might seem far-out trying to relate us with primates but could this show that fighting is instinctive to us, for survival?

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 05:00 AM
link   
We are warmongers!!! we love competition, we love war!!! we feel much more alive during the time of fighting...

Only when an outside threat will appear, we will be united. When the first armada of enemy alien ships appear on the radar, then we will be united...

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 08:41 AM
link   
As long as their are humans then there will always be wars. As it was mentioned it is a part of human nature that just doesn't seem to change.

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Ricko, you're very optimistic. I, on the other hand, believe humanity is hopeless. Our differences will ultimately lead to our demise.

Money and world domination..isn't life grand?

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 08:52 AM
link   
War isn't all that bad...
There are only two ways the world could be united:

War against alien or some other unknown force:
In which case after the war, all alliance would break and the strongest faction/nation would rule through force...
There would still be rebellions, but not like today.
Think of it as a global police state...
Kind of like what Annan has asked us for.

Alien/divine intervention in which basically communism is instated:
If this were to happen, Earth would transform into one of those giant cults on a global level where everyone loves everyone.
No more war, no more killing.
No more love, no more hope.
No more pain, no more freedom...
It would be just like a twenty-first century of Lennon.

Personally I won't settle for either, so I like it the way it is...
Plus, if we did not have any wars, wouldn't life become slightly boring?

- Tass

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 10:47 AM
link   
You know we all speak of untiy like it would be a blessing but the truth is there isn't anything all that wrong with the old "to each his/her own" ideology. For the earth to be united we would all..

A. Have come to think exactly alike

or..

B. All have been forced to accept something we ordinarily would not.

Thats like people who try to force groups of people together who are natural divided by religion, race, gender, political ideology, mental aptitude or a million other things I could name. A common similarity which draws people to congregate and fellowship isn't the enemy we all have been taught to believe it is.

No Catholic church would want me in there talking about Jesus and certainly no Islams either. No pick-up game in the bronx would want me screwing up their game and no woman's only aerobic class would want me standing in the back as they did that thing where they squat really low. I accept that and its okay. if I were in either of their shoes, I wouldn't want me either...but there are people who share a similar philosophy and lifestyle that I do find comfort in socializing with. The key to harmony is not destroying these social mechanisms but rather finding an occasional bridge to interact positively. I feel that if the self-appointed controllers would let it, it would happen naturally.

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by masterp
We are warmongers!!! we love competition, we love war!!! we feel much more alive during the time of fighting...

Only when an outside threat will appear, we will be united. When the first armada of enemy alien ships appear on the radar, then we will be united...

i agree 100%...

infact your comment reminded me of the saying...

man has to feel pain, to realise he is truely alive....

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I agree with Tassadar.

The only way the world will be united as one or New World Order is there's an alien invasion, real or fake.

Like in that movie Indepedence Day

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Well i guess i am one of the differnt ones in my opinions but i belive yes one day that humanity will be united and there will be no wars between us.
Before this though the religion in its form now will have to be destroyed.

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 01:04 PM
link   
quote: DO you think our world will ever be united? Or will mankind always wage war?

Depends on you

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by alienaddicted
Depends on you

What are you saying?
Do you still believe in the power of one?
If so, get out of the nursery and into the infantry.
Go make a difference yourself.
Show the world what they don't want to see.
Show the world the truth behind all of this false liberty...

- Tass

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Does it matter what we do if there are others out there that don't see things the way we do?

It is a cheap childish dream to believe that mankind will ever know peace as a condition of physical existance.

I believe that many have said that was our curse from god itself?

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
Does it matter what we do if there are others out there that don't see things the way we do?

It is a cheap childish dream to believe that mankind will ever know peace as a condition of physical existance.

I believe that many have said that was our curse from god itself?

From god ? Hardly.

The first species to make politic wars on the earth are thermites and ants ( fight between hives, fight between queens to get the control of the hives etc.. )

War is the result of a higher degree of biologic competition.

[Edited on 2-10-2003 by Salem]

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tassadar

Originally posted by alienaddicted
Depends on you

What are you saying?

Depends on you

Do you still believe in the power of one?

One can make one follow, then you have another one

If so, get out of the nursery and into the infantry.
Go make a difference yourself.
Show the world what they don't want to see.
Show the world the truth behind all of this false liberty...

I'm trying, I hope you're trying too

- Tass

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 04:54 PM
link   
There is one more thing besides alien invasion that could unite people: EVOLUTION.
Defending teritory with force is an all-present animal instinct which people still have, another primal thing which causes war is fear of unknown and what this unknown might do to your dominance.
The world is still a mess, but for the first time generations of humans are born all over the world who have never experienced war, they dont know what war really is. The other important thing is education, the unknown is for some people not so unknown anymore. Of course, these people are still minorty. But what if such life conditions lead to an evolutionary step which will eliminate the war-hungry side of humans?
Evolution takes time, but it happens eventually. The next step: homo sapiens intelectualis

Just a thought....

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Never happen. Too many racists.

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Salem,

yes true, it is a condition of physicality itself,

same thing that god said when we were condemned to be here,

you do the crime you do the time' so to speak.

Colonel,

racists are anyone that discuss the issue of race these days.

race should not be a subject that anyone is afraid to discuss nor be sanctioned for discussing it.

if it ever gets this way then that is a form of censorship and that is fulfilling the ambitions of the controllers.

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I think one specific section of the world is holding the rest of the world back from a United World and thats the Middle East , Why? Because just look at them there alwasy fighting for the stupidest reason . One blews him self up in a mall the other blows him self up in a bus etc... SO i think we need to beat the crap out of the middle east either by military or diplomacy.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join