It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you ever wonder if the Roman Empire had never fallen how great the world would be right now?....

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Just imagine if the Roman Empire never had fallen how far we would be in technology right now. I say we would be travelling to Jupiter and beyond. Us humans have wasted hundreds of years in war and crap like that for no reason.

I wanna hear your ideas on this topic and how better the world would of been right now if the Roman Empire had never fallen.

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 01:44 AM
link   
stop walkin in the fantasy and smell the roses...
it never fell only underwent a name change...
a spiritual transformation so to speak...
was it for the better only the father and time knows that one...
and in reference to your avatar are you some neo-nazi...
i hope you dont call yourself an american, like that...

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 01:50 AM
link   
My @ss would still be royalty. Half Italian/Spaniard. Came from a very wealthy Italian Family, at least my dads side. Still have family there.

Hey Ricko, whats with Nazi attire.

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 01:55 AM
link   
i would be commiting pharocies...
and my ancestors would be dominating the world and not for the better...
but, we learn to live with our regrets...

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 02:13 AM
link   
I would now be a hairy arsed northern savage speaking an obscure, germanic language called anglisc.

Wass du Hail

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 02:34 AM
link   
eH NAZI, I Just like the Lufftwaffe air force of WWII. And i aslo like WWII propaganda.

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 02:36 AM
link   
do you like it also...

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Romans were a hella of a advance civilization.....If it werent for the stupid "sack of rome" we wouldnt of wasted 1000 years in the middle ages . Tell me one good thing that came out of the middle ages? NOTHING!

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 02:38 AM
link   
You gotta admit the world was better off being under the rule of the Roman Empire.

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Tell me this who INVENTED DEMOCRACY? The ROMANS .

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 02:40 AM
link   
and the middle ages were a lesson called the dark ages..
kinda like repentance maybe...
out of the dark always comes the bright morning...
renaissance(european)...

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 02:41 AM
link   
And were did the people of the renaisance get there ideas from? THE ROMAN EMPIRE , see the middle ages was a BIG WASTE OF TIME

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Things happened for a reason, If the Roman Empire still existed, I admit we would be more advanced than ever. Maybe could've reached the moon a thousand years earlier.

But then ask yourself, what if the Egyptian empire not fallen or the Greek or the Ottamon empire.

Next thing you know, what if the United States Empire not fallen.

The goverment falls, not the people

[Edited on 10/6/2003 by FoxStriker]

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ricko
Tell me this who INVENTED DEMOCRACY? The ROMANS .

check again, the greeks created democracy and even the idea of communism way before the romans conquered them, romans created the republic.

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 07:31 PM
link   
According to Phillip K. Dick, the Roman Empire never fell in the first place. Rome fell upon hard times, and transfered the rudiments of societal control upon this newly emerging local church, which over the years extended dictatorial control over the former Roman Empire from a certain location within Rome. According to "Valis", Rome has controled world affairs right up untill the present. Silly fictional idea with no possible basis in fact.

wormspew

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 07:36 PM
link   
If Rome never fell, I'm sure I wouldn't exist.

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 08:38 PM
link   
"Us humans have wasted hundreds of years in war and crap like that for no reason."

I believe the Romans spent a vast majority of their years at war. The doors to mars were very rarely closed. I dont think you could claim Rome was a peaceful civilzation by any stretch of the imagination.

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
If Rome never fell, I'm sure I wouldn't exist.

99.9 percent of all people alive today probably wouldn't exist.

posted on Oct, 4 2003 @ 05:54 PM
link   
The romans only developed technology really for war and they slowed near there collapse.

posted on Oct, 4 2003 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Ricko,

take it from me kid, the lefties love to attack you around here, good to see that you are not afraid to stand up for yourself.

personally Rome never entirely fell, it is Western first world democratic capitalism to me, at least the roots of it.

Flix or whatever your name is,

how can Rome be responsible for 99% of all people today?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join