It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO sighting underway in Maine

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I just got off the phone with my Mother (who lives in rural Maine) and for the past fifteen minutes she has observed 3 Ufos being intercepted by jets. What got her attention to go outside was the frequent sound of jets. Living in a rural part of the Western Mountains of Maine, this is quite uncommon. At this posting her and my sister are both still observing. If any body knows anybody up in the Rangeley area give them a heads up.

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Tell her to get a camera or something! Quick!

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 07:09 PM
link   
She doesn't own a camera, but she gave me a good account of what happened during the ten minutes her and my sister viewed the event:

She said the jet kept circling the three objects as they zig-zagged or moved horizontally at a high rate of speed at the jet's approach. She said it was as if they were "playing" with the jet. Sometimes they would seem to be one object only to separate at a high rate of speed. I talked to my sister afterwards and she pretty much confirmed what my Mother already stated.

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a mother that doesn't own a camera, I have to laugh at that one!

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Anybody out there lives in this area? If you captured any vid or pic of this amazing event please share them to us!!!

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Hi Night
I'm from Massachusetts, and I am always looking up! If they come this way I will be ready, I have 3 cameras! I would really love to get them in Action! Here's hoping! Angel

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 01:48 AM
link   
im in Vermont and havent seen anything here im about 100 miles in straight line from there. but that part of main is very low poulated the ods of somone else being out there and have access to this site is extremely low.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Very interesting report, thanks for sharing nightbreid

Do you have any news ?

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 07:16 AM
link   
One distinct possibility is what your mom and sister are seeing are military exercises... very possibly aerial refueling training. Rangely is smack dab in the center of the Condor 1 and Condor 2 MOA's (military operations areas). These are areas of airspace (in this case 7,000 to 18,000ft) reserved for special flight training. I've flown my own plane into the area in the past and seen this activity first hand. I'm somewhat surprised that your mom has never noticed jets working in the area before. They're in there all the time.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508
One distinct possibility is what your mom and sister are seeing are military exercises... very possibly aerial refueling training. Rangely is smack dab in the center of the Condor 1 and Condor 2 MOA's (military operations areas). These are areas of airspace (in this case 7,000 to 18,000ft) reserved for special flight training. I've flown my own plane into the area in the past and seen this activity first hand. I'm somewhat surprised that your mom has never noticed jets working in the area before. They're in there all the time.

She has seen jets flying low maneuvers on a regular basis, and I myself have witnessed some pretty spectacular tree-top level flying, but what piqued her attention the previous night is that this particular flight pattern was far from the norm. As far as the information that I gathered from her as well as my sister, the flight patterns and speed of the UFOs was far from anything they have witnessed. They viewpoint from which they witnessed this event is pretty panoramic, a jet flying at a good clip can be watched for a good ten seconds before it goes out of sight. My sister said these objects were covering the same distance in less than a second. Zig-zagging, to and fro, and converging were the patterns they had witnessed between the three objects. This isn't the first thing out of the ordinary my Mother has witnessed. On another occasion, her and another sister of mine witnessed a strange cylindrical object hovering at treetop level during the day. It seemed to be made of "some kind of shiny metal" and was motionless for the duration of the sighting. I believe this isn't the first time some object such as this has been witnessed.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Uh, can I make a simple suggestion since you say this isn't the first time she's seen strange objects....

BUY A CAMERA!

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by promomag
Uh, can I make a simple suggestion since you say this isn't the first time she's seen strange objects....

BUY A CAMERA!

Point well taken, promomag

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Does she live near the coast of Maine? The sky is so clear in Maine when I was there. Absolutly amazing! Glad she thought to tell you about this. Maybe she should report it to her local news papers and news channels? Thanks for sharing!

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by meshuggah1324
Does she live near the coast of Maine? The sky is so clear in Maine when I was there. Absolutly amazing! Glad she thought to tell you about this. Maybe she should report it to her local news papers and news channels? Thanks for sharing!

She lives up in the Western Mountains of Maine. It's real rugged country. Yeah, I was kind of shocked (and jealous) that she called as the event was unfolding. It's not everyday one can witness the unexplainable.... I'm going to touch base with her again tonight to see if anybody else in town witnessed the sighting.

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 04:36 PM
link   
wow, this sounds interesting!, make sure you come back and tell us next time you phone your mom!

Do you (well does your mom) mean the jets were intercepting as in like trying to 'catch' them
?

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Ok, I call reptoid...

A mother that doesn't own a camera...
that just aint human...

what does she do at family get togethers?
sketch?

[edit on 26-1-2006 by LazarusTheLong]

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 05:10 PM
link   
You guys are joking right?so, a old woman doesn't have a camera, and you guys start to flame her?

That's not a good thing to do...

Anyway, strange thing she saw there. Maybe some experiments with military saucers, and jets?There was no fighting right?

maybe they are training for some incoming attack by Aliens?You know, since our number of military saucer is very reduced, we have to learn how to escape and defend from UFO's attacks with what we have, jets

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I ahve to agree with the poster above.
I origionally come from that neck of the woods and the mountain people live a much simpler life than what the city folf have. For her not to have a camera is not something to be surprised about. Heck in my home town, they are not expected to get cable tv until 2008 and forget about high speed web access!

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by crookedblue
Do you (well does your mom) mean the jets were intercepting as in like trying to 'catch' them
?

She said the jet was circling them, coming in close and they would evade it everytime it made a pass. According to my sister it was as if the UFOs were "playing" with the jet. The speed at which they moved she said was amazing.

MY mother lives about an hour from where she could get pictures developed, anyways we have a big family and she is constantly being heaped with photos. Digital camera? Forget it. She content enough to accept what electrical gizmos she already possesses, unlike a majority of people who are slaves to technology. But that's a topic for another thread......

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 06:53 PM
link   
It sounds like a description of Osprey maneuvers. Is'nt that the area where they were developed? They told us here that there were no Ospreys based here and the next day I watched one pop up behind some trees on the side of the freeway. They move like you described. I seem to recall seeing a documentary about a lighter than air craft being developed at the same time in that same area as part of that project. Could explain the cylinder shaped object. Maybe someone here with more knowledge would know if thats where they were working on those projects.
Sounds like your mother lives in a town like many up here. I went Homer, Alaska a while ago and when the internet would not work in my motel room the manager told me she thought I may be the first person with a laptop to stay there in weeks. There is nothing weird about not having a camera. Some people like to make rude statements to cover up the fact they have nothing worth saying.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join