It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saddam's New Judge is Native of Gassed Kurd Town

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Saddam being tried by a Judge who is a Kurd from Halabja.....although the Judge may be very professional and impartial, clearly this is an effort by authorities to select a Judge who will may well have a dim biased view against Saddam and find him guilty while perhaps skipping over the procedures as quickly as possible.

Let's not forget though, the judge he replaces was also a Kurd, and he was accused of being too lenient, which led him to resign, fed up with the criticism. Personally, I think that judge showed restraint and professionalism, not allowing what may be personal loss and tragedy due to Saddam get in his way of presiding.

There are those who call for Saddam to be killed.

Killing him may well only strengthen those whose resistance is fuelled by Saddam, seeing him 'martyred' for the cause in Iraq.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Personally i am up for Saddam Hussain getting hung - drawn and quartered, tared and feathered then shippped out piece by piece too his remaining family on postage due.

but thats me.

Feel exactly the same for the Pol Pot and Khymer Rouge and even Hitler.

I do agree that they need to change the judge again if they are gonna get him put away or executed legally, moral judgement this man wouldnt have as he probably had family who died in the gassing of his village.

At this rate were either gonna be drawing my pension before he is actually sentenced or he is gonna be aquitted by the UN because of fecked up proceddings and the Geneva Convention etc etc etc.

In other words : CHOOSE A JUDGE FROM A NEUTRAL COUNTRY!!!!!!

[edit on 25-1-2006 by Eowan]

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 05:09 PM
link   

In other words : CHOOSE A JUDGE FROM A NEUTRAL COUNTRY!!!!!!

Under the Statute Foreign Judges can be appointed.

I suspect that there are already Israeli, American, or British Judges on the court already.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Good Choice.
Maybe this judge won't let him RANT for hours at a time.
And maybe others should stop giving a crap about Saddams "rights" LOL

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 09:58 PM
link   
"He's guilty, why does it matter? He's dead anyway"

Probably the most ignorance filled statements we could hear about Saddams trial.

People, a fair proper international trial is not about finding Saddams guilt in certain crimes, that's not even a question, it's about finding the TRUTH to the claims and HOW, WHY, WHO, WHERE, WHEN they occured.

This is important for histories sake if nothing else. The fact he's not getting a proper trial is purely due to the fact Saddam didn't get to where he was on his own, he had a lot of help from those trying to rush him through a dodgy trial.

Again, the 'winners' will write the history books and the suckers will lick it up.

Hopefully we'll get it right for Saddam V2.0 and realise from 1.0 that we should actually find the root to the problem rather than killing him, celebrating a death and then waiting like big grinning idiots waiting for OZ to turn into colour now that the witch is dead.

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
And maybe others should stop giving a crap about Saddams "rights" LOL

Yeah, I mean, we should be dictatorial to Saddam and denying rights to Saddam because it is to show that being dictatorial and denying rights is wrong.

Which of course, defeats the whole purpose of the trial.

Is dictating and denying rights to someone, to show that dictating and denying rights to someone is wrong, right?

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 05:08 PM
link   
NO, I would prefer a proper trial..
Saddam isn't interested in having one..
He's proven it every time he opens his mouth.
SO, now he gets a diferent judge.
Saddam did this to himself..
Saddam tightened his own noose..

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join