It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A rear terrorist threat - the war along the US-Mexico border

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I'd been waiting for someone else to make a thread about this.

Thankfully, zoso did. But, his thread only covered one story in this war, so I'm going to go over it in more detail. I'd been hearing about the situation along the border, especially what's been going on in Nuevo Laredo. Basically, it's a war zone down there.

Mexican troops attack United States

Alex and Paul Watson have put together a great article here that covers some of the reports on this issue.

'It's a war'

Look at the death toll reported here. Between 545 and 800 killed since February? That's literally on the scope of Iraq War casualties, at least for US forces. From students to federal agents, the people being killed cover a broad range of backgrounds.

Mexican drug cartels' wars move closer to U.S. border

This article cites 850 dead, but I guess this was as of August. Governors of border states here in the US are declaring states of emergency for their borders. This is incredible. And, they actually had to close the US consulate because of the killing.

Kidnapping, Murder Sweep Nuevo Laredo (41 Americans go missing)

In this article, we see that numerous Mexicans are being kidnapped, but the shocker here is that Americans are also being kidnapped. In the article before this one, a fed said that the violence stopped along the border, but this article states that Americans are being kidnapped. Even if the violence hasn't reached the US yet, we still have the governors of Arizona and New Mexico issuing warnings about the violence, along with US citizens falling prey to kidnappers.

The Secret Border Wars

This is yet another great article from Alex and Paul. Not only does the article cite incidents that happened in Dallas that the Feds and local authorities have blamed on Los Zetas, but it also features part of a transcript of an interview with Cele Castillo, who was once the head DEA agent in Latin America. And, it has a link to an article that mentions that the BP in Arizona was told to stand down and not to arrest illegals. Amazing that in a state with a state of emergency along the border, you have the BP stand down.

So, there you have it. A REAL terrorist threat, not some wild jihadi indestructible Muslim uber terrorists. They have actually threatened to kidnap and kill feds and HAVE killed feds. This is new territory; even gangsta rappers like Shyne says that in the streets, you have to run from the Feds. He says you can kill cops or shoot at them, but you NEVER go after the Feds like this. The Zetas don't care, apparently, and that's gangsta.

Now, the reports differ on who's behind this, but it appears that there are 3 choices:

1) Los Zetas - ex-military gangstas now working for the cartels (and maybe even the US govt)
2) Armed thugs dressed like military men
3) Members of the Mexican military

Naturally, there probably is some combination here.

But, there you have it. Mexican military punks the BP, takes tons of weed worth millions. Los Zetas put out threats to kidnap US Feds and kill them, then kill both US and Mexican feds. Police chiefs are killed, one killed before he finished his first shift. People are being kidnapped. People are being killed. The carnage is spilling into the US, causing governors to declare states of emergency.

But, the Bush administration does nothing about it. Bush refused to use money Congress approved that would have put 2000 more BPs along the border. Bush calls the Minutemen vigilantes while doing nothing to protect the border. And, for you Bush people, save the Bush-basher comments. The same thing would happen if a Democrat was in the White House, but y'all apparently still haven't figured out that the same people own both parties.

But what the media WILL tell you to worry about is spooky Al-CIAda terrorists. They'll tell you to worry about 9/11- the sequel, which will happen unless you give up your rights. They'll tell you to worry about Iran, with its deadly nukes that will blow you up from the future because they don't exist yet (yes, they're that deadly
). They'll tell you whatever they want you to know, because they know that most people won't look into the real issues that can affect them.

But, so what? Who cares if the bottom border of the state where I reside is turning into a war zone? Who cares if cops, police chiefs, feds, and BP agents are being attacked? Who cares if regular citizens are being kidnapped and killed? We have to worry about those Arabs who wanna kill us and those Iranians who wanna kill us!!!

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Excellent job truthseeka. Lets continue to update this thread with every story we can find and keep this in the forefront (and lets hope it doesnt get put on bts or pts,where threads go to die).

I have to admit i have been a little negligent on keeping up with that area of my state. However, as i started to dig into it, i was amazed at the number of incidents that i had not heard of. Since i try to keep up with current events and these stories had gotten by me, i can only imagine how uninformed the average citizen is about these crimes.

This is a serious problem that needs urgent attention and action.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 02:27 PM
link   
And the hits just keep on coming!

news.bbc.co.uk...

A US organization, through a mexican govt organization, distributing maps of border crossings and landmarks. Just unbelievable

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Guys, calm down. A coward dies a thousand deaths.

The real answer to this 'problem' is closer co-operation between the legitimate Mexican government and the US Government. Both culturally and militarily, including law enforcement.

These people are our closest neighbors and our blood relatives.

Stop being afraid.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chakotay
Guys, calm down. A coward dies a thousand deaths.

The real answer to this 'problem' is closer co-operation between the legitimate Mexican government and the US Government. Both culturally and militarily, including law enforcement.

These people are our closest neighbors and our blood relatives.

Stop being afraid.

Please.

Tell that to the cops being gunned down. Tell that to the police chief murdered on his first day on the job. Tell that to the feds and all the regular citizens dying.

If these fools are killing cops and feds, what qualms do you think they would have about gunning down an average joe?

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 06:40 PM
link   
It is time and past to close and secure our borders. If that means curtailing our activities in the rest of the world so be it. The governors of the various states (arizona, new mexico, texas, et al) need to start screaming to high heaven publicly. The various state national guards need to be put on the borders and begin taking control of the border. And if the Mexican army wants to cross the border...well wars have started over less.

Close the border, and let the Mexican gov't squack all it wants, as well as all those so called advocasy groups here in the states who seem to think its all right to come to the US illeagally. But politicians are too concerned with getting reelected to alienate such a large potential constituency. Not to mention big business who just loooove illegal, and undocumented workers to work for less then slave wages.

I am tired of it, and I can't be alone...can I?

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 06:47 PM
link   
How about this solution?

Legalize drugs.

After all we don't have huge cartels killing each other and innocent bystanders over alcohol since we legalized it.

The drugs are already readily available to anyone who really wants them. If they were made legal, I don't think we'd have a huge rush of people clamoring for heroin and coc aine, at least more than we already have.

After all, adults should have the right to abuse their bodies in any way that doesn't harm others. Freedom without liberty is not really freedom.

As to closing the borders, I have a much simpler solution for stopping illegal immigration.

Make a law that forces companies to pay illegals the same wage as anyone else.

No incentive for illegal labor, and suddenly the jobs wont be as prolific.

Do that, and penalize the companies who hire illegals instead of the illegal and suddenly the border is not such an issue anymore.

[edit on 25-1-2006 by LeftBehind]

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull

I am tired of it, and I can't be alone...can I?

no, your not. if the US government spent half as much time using those spy satellites to watch our borders as they do watching our own citizens, we could solve this problem damn near overnight.

i have no problem with immigration. this is a country founded by immigrants. but do it legally and learn the damn language!

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 07:15 PM
link   
No I don't have any problem with legal immigration either, in fact the more the merrier.

Learning the language, and by that I mean English not spanish or spanglish or whatever the current PC language of choice is. If I lived and worked in Mexico, I would learn spanish; in Germany, german. In the United states the language is English. So I fail to see the problem of requiring new arrivals to have at least a working knowledge of American English.

I just know someone is going to call me a racsist, and a bigot.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeftBehind
Legalize drugs.

not if you want to give these gangs actual power and control of the border and help them fund other illegal activity like human trafficing, gun smuggling, murder of opposition....

[edit on 25-1-2006 by namehere]

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Namehere, how would legalizing drugs give more power to cartels?

Wouldn't allowing legal sources make the gangs unprofitable?

If a gram of coke cost 5$, how many people would have to steal to support their habit.

You don't see people losing their jobs and living on the streets trading sex for cigarettes do you?

nm, namehere, now i get it.

[edit on 25-1-2006 by LeftBehind]

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 10:21 PM
link   
legalizing drugs would lead the way for corporations to take over, you dont see Italians, Irish, and Jewish gangster and their descendants running budweiser, jack daniels and cools now do you?

If drugs are ever legalized, you'll see Phillip Morris and other fortune 500 run by rich grey haired white guys taking over and kicking 99.3 percent of all the current dealers to the curb. Unless colombia and mexico nationalizes coca and or marijuana growing, but either way, they would just be grown here and the government would have to subsidizes even less farming. Except for the kennedy family (joe kennedy) all the people that were making money during prohibition just moved on onto other rackets when they lost all control and influence of the business once it left the underworld, same thing would happened with drugs, at most a handful of the smartest and most influential elite at the top of the cartels who found a way to stay out of the limelight and cleaned their money good would be used to transition the business from the underworld to NYSE/nasdaq arena.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 10:26 PM
link   
So what happened with the minutemen over there? They were all volunteer correct?

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Aw, look at that.

A thread about a REAL conspiracy, and it's already on its way to pasture. You gotta love this site!

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 01:18 PM
link   
If you look at the crime statistics and pull up the news stories and compare the Mexican people to the people who came out of New Orleans,
you will be surprised.
You would love to be surrounded by Mexicans compared to New Orleaneans. After spending most of my life in La and fully understanding the N.O. people and moving to Az and working around the Mexicans..
I know which one I prefer.

The main difference in these people is that Mexican labor provides a large percentage of the food and produce you purchase in the stores, and their labor also provides for the people on welfare who have never worked,
the people who came out of N.O.

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 11:59 AM
link   
This isn't a slam against Mexicans persay, I grew up around, and have worked with Mexicans, and people of Mexican decent all of my adult life. For the most part, they are hard working, and honest folk; who once you've earned their loyalty and trust you have it for life.

Most of the illegal immigrants are here to make a little money, and better their lives. In and of itself, certainly a very laudable goal. However, that has got nothing to do with the fact that they are here illegally, and the time has long since passed to do something about the problem. The border states do not have the infrastructure to handle the incredible influx of illegals. It's not just the borderstates, either. I would hazard a guess that every state in the Union has that same problem to a greater or lesser extent.

This doesn't even count the criminal elements that have exploded across the border. Drug gangs, such as MS13, which has moved into my area of Washington state. I have seen these jokers with my own eyes marking their territory. To say I am concerned is an understatement. Not for myself so much I am capable of taking care of myself, but the young kids that live in this area are going to be caught up in this one way or another.
I would guess that most of these new arrivals are illegal aliens, as well as wanted felons. I've seen several sporting teardrop tatoos.

It is time to start screaming to high heaven about this to our elected representitives. They need to wake up to the fact that we are being invaded through the back door. President Bush needs to address this problem NOW, it ain't going away. It will only get worse. National security depends upon it.

Why the gov't isn't addressing this issue is a mystery to me...actually no it isn't...No one in either party wants to address the issue because it is a political timebomb. Special interest groups such as La Raza, and others will attempt to crucify anyone who trys to address the issue of illegal immigrants. As far as I know, J.D. Hayworth (R-Arizona) is the only politician of national prominence addressing the issue. I am in the middle of reading his book at the moment, and will comment further at a later date.

It is time and past to do something, and the people need to start holding our so-called leaders accountable.

[edit on 2-2-2006 by seagull]

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 12:27 PM
link   
The growing illegal immigrant problem at the Mexican border has been an issue for a long time, it has gradually grown into what it is today. My first night in the military in El Paso, I almost ran over a whole family on I-10 that had illegally crossed over and was heading into the Franklin mountains. The government is not going to do anything about it, it has become too big of a problem. Besides, they are not going to get any support from the Mexican government, so what's the point? That is part of the whole problem with our government, they let the larger problems grow so big that they cannot be contained and they try to micromanage everything else. My thought is this, they need civilian militia to continue to patrol the border regions and they should support them just as if they were a rebel force trying to keep "enemies" of our country or anyone that threatened US interests, at bay.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Do you know why Mexico is trying to prevent the U.S. from building the war and why Mexican officials are now distributing maps to help people ILLEGALLY enter the U.S.? It's because Mexico receives annually 16 BILLION DOLLARS from Mexican workers in the U.S. That is Mexico's biggest foreign income!

Something has to be done about this, we cannot wait for those politicians to finish playing politics, we have to take it into our own hands. Oh wait, we did, its called the Minutemen and only Arnold has the balls to say "hey, job well done."

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Instead of creating a illegal police state, shouldn't the Congress and the government follow the constitution and legally do what it says in cases of homeland security threats? Call forth the Militia!

Section 8 - Power of Congress

The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;

To provide for calling forth the Militia to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections and repel Invasions;

To provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining the Militia, and for governing such Part of them as may be employed in the Service of the United States, reserving to the States respectively, the Appointment of the Officers, and the Authority of training the Militia according to the discipline prescribed by Congress;

www.usconstitution.net...

And about the drugs. You can technicly legally launder money if you have a company that trades stocks on Wall Street, more than $300 billion in drug money is laundered through the U.S. stockmarket annually, which means about $1-1.5 trillion in cash transactions, according to Catherine Austin Fitts.
What would happen if that money disappeared from the stockmarket?

If you think the Feds and big corps don't have their dirty little hands in the cookie jar on this one, you're living in a dream. The CIA for example makes a handsome profit off trafficking drugs, and they've been caught doing it too. Besides it keeps the boat called the USA afloat.
The reason they profit from drug trade is because the drugs are expensive, and they are expensive because they are illegal, obviously.
Not that they wouldn't profit from it if it were legal too.

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kaotik68
So what happened with the minutemen over there? They were all volunteer correct?
Some southern law lawyer represented a couple of illegels.. who claimed to be brutelized by a member of the minutmen.. and stole his land.. with the help of the ruthless attorney..

top topics

<<   2 >>

join