It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Depo-Provera Used on Military

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2003 @ 08:04 PM
link   
During my basic training days, i believe that part of the innoculations they gave us included depo Provera, a birth control shot that lasts three months. Its side efefcts include weight gain from water, outbreaks of Acne, loss of menstrual periods, and other assorted effects, all of which I and my fellow trainees experienced, all of which magically disappeared after three months, the length that the shots last, then wear off. This was wierd, gaing 30 pounds of flab, when you were barely eating, burning off #loads of calories with massive physical training, fingers so swollen you cant close them. This happened in basic training to us, and three months later, boom, weight dropped back to normal, acne disappeared, periods came back out of the blue.

I was told later in my career that Depo Provera was fielded on female trainees in basic training to test it out, and none of the trainees were told, of course. This was from a medic friend of mine who had just moved from the Walter Reed hospital to our unit in Germany. I have every reason to believe this person, obviously, he didnt have the documentation, but he did work with some really wierd things. My own unexplainable experience in basic, coupled by that of other trainees, pretty much verified it.

I have been trying to find information on this subject, but am having little luck. However, i am getting alot of sites about depo provera being quite bad, even the WHO thinks it isnt safe, and alot of references to it being used as an ethnic weapon to control certain populations.

Does anyone with a computer faster than 28 k have any data on this? id really like to know of any US govornment activities with this paticular drug.

Thank you much.

posted on Oct, 1 2003 @ 10:02 PM
link   
One of my coworkers was a former medic stationed in South Korea. She said that Dep was indeed standeard issue to all female troops in her unit at least. There was no attemtp to infomr the female members of this innoculation, which is very dangerous, considering the potential side effects, and in the event that an individual is allergic to it, they can easily become anafelactic and die.

posted on Oct, 1 2003 @ 10:26 PM
link   
that musta sucked

yet another thing our goverment lied about

and who knows what els there testing our troops with....

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Wow DR, thanks for that info. So I and my buddies werent crazy after all! I knew it, and several others who worked in medic central in DC knew it. the problem, was getting information on it.

I am not sure what pharmeceutical company makes that nasty evil #, but Im sure they have a big contract with the gov and special representation to push it on the troops.

In my unit, before we deployed to Saudi, they tried to force the females to get on birth control pills, norplant implants, or dep injections. While part of it was understandable (the amount of broads getting knocked up to get out of going to Saudi) there are better ways to deal with that. And that wasnt entirely the reason, they were trying to push dope on them period.

Like, ibuproferin. God, any time you see any military doctor, they push the # on you, no matter what your ailment. I mean, they gave me bottles of the # when i went and had physicals, and were talking 800 miligram horse pills. I refused to take them, since they made me sick, and I didnt need them because i wasnt in pain or swollen, but everything, no matter what, it was Ibuproferin. More drug company contracts and pushers forcing thier product on the soldiers.

Anyway, back to depoprovera. I have been looking on the net for information dealing with its involuntary experimentation and use on soldiers, and the few sites that look promising, it says I cannot access, get that "you are not authorized to view this page" BS. Anyway, its something i still want to know about, and want to know of they are continuing its use on female troops. It is dangerous, nasty, and the side effects dont outweigh any minute benefits. It is something I think needs to be made available as knowledge.

And DM......you dont wanna know what else they pumped into our bodies. I still cant even figure out what all they did. Like, In Saudi, they gave us innoculations for typhoid and hepetitis a. Two shots. So what were the other 4 they gave us for then? And if they were supposed to prevent these diseases, why did so many of our battalion come back with Hep a and typhoid?

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
I am not sure what pharmeceutical company makes that nasty evil #, but Im sure they have a big contract with the gov and special representation to push it on the troops.

It was a joint venture between Pharmacia and Upjohn. I work for Pfizer which just took over Pharmacia. If I hear anything interesting, I'll post it.

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Isnt there something you could have done about it like legally to stop this from happening to other or is it in the american army contract that they can test these things on you.

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 03:27 PM
link   
If you refuse an injection, you are liable for courtmartial in the US military.

In the US Military, you are considered government property, and if you sustain an unnecessary injury (say, end up with VD) you can be court martialed for damaging government property.

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 03:48 PM
link   
What DR said.

You become govornment property, if they wanna stick red hot pokers up your ass, they can, you belong to them not as a person, but an expendable resource.

A sick policy of the govornment. One that needs to change. Soldiers are living breathing human beings, not property or test subjects. The govornment has no right to use us as a free testfield for greedy medicine companies. It is something that irritates me.

You dont really find out that you are govornment property until youre already in. The elnlistment contract is worded rather tricky. One of the first things you learn from your drill seargant: youre a sack of # with a nine digit number attached.

It pissses me off to no end. I want to see a stop to this, a stop to screwing with soldiers bodies, and soldiers no longer being govornment property, but govornment servants and employees.

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 11:31 PM
link   
If you don't like it don't join the military. If you join the military you should know what your signing before you do so. The military is not a democracy its a dictatorship and thats how it has to be.

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 11:59 PM
link   
When you enlist in the armed services of the United States you give up your constitutional rights and are under the U.C.M.J. which isn't anything like the constitution.

You are, however, afforded basic human rights of fair treatment and theguarentee of your well being to the extent possible under the circumstances your unit is in.

This is usually made fairly clear at the recruiter's office and the enlistment papers CERTAINLY point it out several times.

P...
m...

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 11:06 AM
link   
If we are afforded basic humans rights, then they are violating thier own contract. Human experimentation is a violation of basic human rights.
While we may give up our constitutional rights when we enter the military, that still should not give the govornment a free hand in doing whatever the # it wants to do. While it may be a dictatorship, experiemnting, of using dangerous substances on soldiers is pure stupidity, and should be outlawed. For the future health and wellbeing of your army, that is.

While democracy cant exist within a military, there are limits on what they should be able to do. They themselves are harming govornment property.

List of US govornment experiemnts on soldiers, or, instances where the govornment knowinmgly exposed its service people to harmful things and didnt tell them:

Nuke experiments
Chemichal and biological experiemnts of the 50's
'___' experiemnts in Vietnam
Agent Orange
Meth and coke experiments in the 1980s
Anthrax vaccines
Nerve gas pills
Depleted Uranium
Salt Pieter

You can add to the list if you like.

Soldiers are the country's defense, i think it just proves what a sick, #ed up govornment we have that it will use the country's finest as test subjects, or kmnwoingly expose them to dangerous substances and energys for the purpose of seeing what they do.

posted on Oct, 4 2003 @ 04:55 AM
link   
No the military doesent have to be like that
The british military isnt like that and we get on just fine thank you.

posted on Oct, 4 2003 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Yep and look who would get the ass kicked in a war. We already beat yer ass once so if you think your big enough step up to the plate.

posted on Oct, 4 2003 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Doesn't sound right but there you go.

Same deal up here in Canada too and I don't think our soldiers have it as good as you people in the US do.

Better than conscription though where as a skivvy they own you at a certain age.

posted on Oct, 4 2003 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Skadi:

I never once said nor do I beleive that the government has ANY right to do ANYTHING to any service person's body without the consent of the person except when needed to save their life. (like amputate a leg to save the rest of you while you are knocked out from battle and therefor can't consent).

IF they have done these things they should be provable, have you considered hiring an attorney? Maybe if you get with the others in your company who beleive as you do you all could convince an attorney there is something to it.

I guarentee you that if it were me (I was in the U.S.C.G) and I beleived they had done this to me I would be on it like white on rice.

The legal system is your best and more than likely ONLY hope of restitution and more importantly getting the practice STOPPED.

P...
m...

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 06:50 PM
link   
There is a class action lawsuit I believe going for soldiers who were sick with DSS. As for Depo Provera, the task is finding other females who were in my unit and contacting them. Since, you technically cant sue the govornment directly, there are other aveneues around it.

I have been trying to locate the other females who were in my unit with me, this has taken some time. My friend who was on my regular unit with me, said similar thing happened to her. The key is getting numbers.

But this practice wont stop, of course, because countless times before the govornment has been caught doing this to troops before and it took years and years to settle. Like, look at agent orange. They didnt settle until 25 years later, after most of the victims were dead, and they only settled 1000 dollars per victim in restitution.

The key isnt suing for myself, but getting yet another lobby together, publicizing whats going on, and start taking some action that way.

But it must be hit at the head. We dont need to just stop the illegal use of Depo Provera on soldiers, we need to stop ALL known exposure and experimentation on soldiers period, a massive change in the system that rewquires ALOT of firestorm to initiate.

In order to do so, my medical records, which obviously wont show that I was injected along with others, but the base records of the in processing unit that did the medical processing and tests and such, thats probably where id have to start, and getting a hold of that info is HARD.

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Skadi,

One other thing to keep in mind is, can you prove that DP did in fact harm you? If you cannot show specific proof that it did serious biological or physical harm to you, it doesnt matter if they didnt tell you they were using it or not.

Of course, as a vet, you would have to have this documented by a VA doctor.... and what do you think his diagnosis would be????

posted on Oct, 10 2003 @ 07:21 PM
link   
The damage was done long ago, and was only temporary, at least for me.

The damage was in the three months it was active, the weight gain, break outs, ect. After it wore off, everything just dropped out of no where, like it never was a problem.

Of course, that isnt the problem, because the permamnent effects were null for me, but what about others? No permanent effects that I am aware of, but then again, I have not tried to have kids.

However, what about the others? My friend did have endometriosis and fertility problems.....were they caused by that? I suggested she go to a doctor for it a while back, but now, its a bit too late for her because she has gone totally and literally insane. (Visions from god of gateways to wierd places, wierd philosphies about the devil entering babys butts in thier sleep, 70 page manifestos she ACTUALLY mailed to George W Bush warning him he was in danger from the forces of evil, and inviting him to a barn dance.....).

Anyway, its a matter of locating the other who have not gone insane and asking them about any problems long term effects that they might be experiencing.........

top topics

join