It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Xpod, playing music for your emotions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 01:24 AM
link   

The XPod project introduces a "smart" music player that learns its user's preferences, emotions and activity, and tailors its music selections accordingly.

The device is able to monitor a number of external variables to determine its user's levels of activity, motion and physical states to make an accurate model of the task its user is undertaking at the moment and predict the genre of music would be appropriate.

The XPod is relying on its user to train the player as to what music is preferred and under what conditions. After an initial training period, the XPod is able to use its internal algorithms to make an educated selection of the song that would best fit its user's emotion and situation.

SOURCE: TechNovelgy

Wow, this is, in my opinion, the coolest revolution in music players since the advent of digital music plaers.

I plan on buying one when they become available.
I love the idea of a "smart" music player.

Opinions, Comments?

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 12:05 PM
link   
It seems kind of wierd that it is mentioned at the beginning of the first paragraph and end of the last paragraph that it can read emotions. The second paragraph is basically stating how it will work based on your activity. I really wonder how something like that can play music based on your emotions...your physical activeness is another thing.

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 05:30 PM
link   

I really wonder how something like that can play music based on your emotions...

Well I'm not quite sure, I have'nt read the PDF's all the way.
But I figure it works by scanning your body considtions, since different emotions make your physiology react differently.

new topics

join