It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have MOD buttons...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Guys, Please stop pusing the buttons. They may just be working, and if they are, the more pushing that's done the more cleanup has to be done.

Please don't try them, just in case.

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 05:55 AM
link   
I'm standing inside a bank vault and I'm not even aloud to touch the money.

Cyber terrorists?

I love conspiracies.

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Hehee, after seeing that riot of colors I'm not at all surprised that poor ol' Thomas Crowne did get a bit confused recently

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Yes even I had to admit the pink was purty.

Least it was colour coded for him though.

and geez just think what would have happened if this guy had banned the whole site.....

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Aw poo, it was "working" for me last night--I could see it--and it's been fixed. I always wondered what this place looked like from a mod's point of view--everytime I had ambitions about being a mod, it wasn't for the power, it was because I was curious about how their "version" worked. Definitely cooler than phpBB

How much of that is custom work, and how much of it is "original"?

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 09:17 AM
link   
i see nothing... It's probably been taken care of.

ATs got attacked? WTF?

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Well it looks like the increased security SO put in place after someone who accidently got administration powers banned all the site Republicans worked.

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 10:56 AM
link   
They work. I just banned Thomas Crowne.

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I'm just kidding^

I didn't even try to push any buttons.

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Dang! I missed the excitement.........but thanks to bsb for the screen shot, I can see how neato those extra buttons actually look!! ( I just gotta ask.....what does the "P Troll" do and what's the p stand for.....punish? pound? pulverize? )

Did this have any connection to the hack attempt on ATS that was mentioned on another thread?

And.....TC, I totally understand....all those clicky buttons.....soooo niiiccceee....

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by frayed1
Dang! I missed the excitement.........but thanks to bsb for the screen shot, I can see how neato those extra buttons actually look!! ( I just gotta ask.....what does the "P Troll" do and what's the p stand for.....punish? pound? pulverize? )

Political I think.

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Awwwwwwwww I didn't get to see.

I was a god-Mod at a different site. The little
buttons can be a biiiiiiig temptation ... one
that I never fell to. But some of the mods
.... their bias was obvious.

A little power ... yikes! (it was FUN)

All Hail the Mod Buttons!

ha ha ha ha ha

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Am I the only one who thinks it's kind of funny the mods have an ignore button?

We're not allowed to ignore them.

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 12:18 PM
link   
It was probably a test to see who would abuse the power. Those who tried to use the buttons will never get a moderator invite.:bnghd:

Peace

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Oh, it was a test alright.

118 ATS COINTELPRO BOT's have been installed on the machines of all who clicked.

Now you must test our new technology:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I had no interest in clicking any of the Mod buttons. Just didn't see the need to satisfy curiousity by potentially creating more cleanup work for those affected.

I did, however, find the action log quite interesting. Nice work there SO! A rather convenient way for the staff, admins, and mods to track current site events without requiring constant realtime interaction, u2u's etc.

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Well I just found out something unpleasant about myself... I can never, ever, ever have those buttons, no matter what happens, no matter how many people in the order of succession might have "accidents", it's just not for me... because when I look at those buttons, they smile, and they beg to be clicked just once. I didn't even get to see the real deal- I'm just looking at that screenshot. But I'm staring at those buttons- wishing I had a touch-screen so that it would be a little more personal when I clicked them, and wondering which one would be my favorite.

In the words of Johnny Cash- I find myself staring at six pills, and I say 'I'll just take one' and they say 'no, you're gonna take us all'... and I do.

Just kidding- mostly.

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I know what a troll is, but what's a P-Troll on the orange button?

I wonder if it would be appropriate to make the admin mod buttons into my avatar? That would cause some confusion, and some fun
(and likely result in a mod clicking the 'avatar' button under my name... or maybe the shiny red one that our good friend Thomas likes!)

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
Oh, it was a test alright.

118 ATS COINTELPRO BOT's have been installed on the machines of all who clicked.

Forgive me but Im not getting the joke I clicked on the link and all I saw was a werid bunch of colours.

Cheers Xpert11.

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Heh, I admit I was trying to applaud centrist when I first discovered this bug, I actually posted about this on a thread somewhere...or maybe the chat...lol...

It was fun while it lasted, I have my screenshot as a momento to my short moment of grandeur.

<< 1    3 >>

join