It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crow Briyani

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 05:26 PM
link   
If you visit India, you will inevitabily have a taste of one of its favorite dishes - Chicken Briyani. This is a Mugul dish of fragrant saffron colored Basmati rice accompanied by delicious chicken. Its simply outta this world. But stalls by the roadside also sell Briyani, some at a quarter the cost of those sold in hotels. Beware though- they give you crow instead of chicken.

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Thanks for the dish. Do you have a recipe?

Just checking prioir to Googling it.

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 05:59 PM
link   
There are many versions of this dish on the web. A word of warning though. It is addictive, and if your neighbors get a taste of it, you will be cooking Briyani non stop for them

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Thanks, I will have to give it a try.

Living in a rural area provides an ample supply of crows from time to time. Hmmmm?! ?Nah!?

I will make it with chicken though.

edit - The proper name, for those interested , is actually Chicken/Crow Biryani

Google: recipes+chicken+biryani

Recipe

Enjoy!

[edit on 1/22/2006 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I love briyani, it soo good! How does the crow meat taste? Im sure it wouldnt be too bad in amongst all those spices.

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 06:51 AM
link   
in my beffuddled state of confision i thoight the title was COW as in beef , sheesh

but to get back on topic - you should be glad youi got crow - you were lucky - at least you got some avian - its when ya get rat - thats when you know you are at the bottom of the fod chain

now to dig out my reciepie for rat stew - with worms - yummy - lol

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Briyani...bloody lovely, sometimes I forget how lucky we are in the UK sometimes having such a varied number of cultural dishes to endulge in.

Chicken Aloo Saag...My favourite

Crow...I wonder what that tastes like? Then again, I've often wondered what squirrel tastes like!

new topics

top topics

join