It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman Arrested for Abandoning Kids to Go See Springer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 02:10 PM
link   
No, not our Springer--Jerry Springer. It figures.

A woman got a 30-day jail sentence for leaving her three young children home alone for several hours, while she and her boyfriend attended a videotaping of "The Jerry Springer Show."

Shannon Cook, 25, pleaded guilty earlier this week to misdemeanor child endangerment. She also was placed on probation for a year. The two girls and one boy, all under the age of 4, have been placed in foster homes by the Illinois Department of Children and Family Services. Cook was arrested when she returned home after midnight. According to a police report, she said: "I didn't think I'd be gone that long."

www.cnn.com

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 02:46 PM
link   
This is sad, they're probably the people who need to be on that show. Sound like no brained idiots to me.

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 02:49 PM
link   
What I find more appalling is the fact Jerry Springer is still being taped.

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 03:49 PM
link   
"She didn't think she'd be gone that long"? She didn't think about her children at all. What a lowlife. We should just
her.

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 04:51 PM
link   
That's just ridiculous. You don't even leave a 4 year old alone while you go check the mail. How hard would it have been to call up a neighbor and say "hey, I'll give you 20 bucks if you watch the kids for a couple of hours?"

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 04:55 PM
link   
People like this shouldn't be allowed to have children. It's sickening.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
No, not our Springer--Jerry Springer. It figures.

well, I am so glad you cleared that up! When everyone was sending well wishes to Springer, I wondered if it was 'Jerry'... lmao... but so glad to see this thread...

new topics

top topics

join