It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange object over Eastern Iowa

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2003 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Today on my way to classes, I was watching what appeared to be 3 planes (commercial or military, I don't know) flying in different directions from a triangular formation. One was flying to the south, one to the north, and one was going about south-southeast. After several minutes of seeing the planes, I saw a fourth craft that left no vapor trail, and moved significantly faster than the planes. It moved in really close on the plane to the north, then zipped away from it, became really bright then disappeared from my view. It looked like it was either highly reflective and reflecting sunlight, or was illuminated, I couldn't tell. Just wanted to post my sighting.

posted on Oct, 1 2003 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Its a pity you cant recall any other information do you get planes flying over a lot ?? where the planes just flying by completely random and have any of your neighbours seen anything similar.

posted on Oct, 1 2003 @ 12:53 PM
link   
If you have a military base close, it might have been a refueling exercise. The big mamma looks very reflective when it is joined with another plane. Just a thought.

posted on Oct, 1 2003 @ 01:07 PM
link   
report it here please www.ufocenter.com...

posted on Oct, 1 2003 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I went to college in central Iowa.

The Air National Guard has an F-16 wing in Iowa City (or it may be Des Moines, I'm not sure, but they surely have F-16s based there). Anyways, every so often you could see them, even from rural areas, on sorties. Once someone I was walking with spotted one with its afterburners on and thought it was a UFO, simply because the single light from its exhaust obscured the rest of the plane. ...well, it was F-16, and not a UFO.

So, my point is that you should report this, but its most likely just that ANG wing you saw.

top topics

join