It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kokomo Hum Blamed on Industrial Fans? (Not HAARP?)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2003 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I dont believe this for a second, but hell, if they can sell to the world that the largest US power outage was caused by a tree taking down a powerline, why not??

The source of the highly annoying Kokomo, Indiana hum, that has been making some people sick since 1999, has now been identified. An acoustics consulting firm says two industrial fans are sources of a mysterious sound.

www.unknowncountry.com...

posted on Sep, 28 2003 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Dont believe it at all.

posted on Sep, 28 2003 @ 11:14 PM
link   
They must have noisy fans all over the country then...

posted on Sep, 28 2003 @ 11:17 PM
link   
A fan... A fan... A freakin fan!!!

Shullbit!!! I don't believe it either.

Is the Taos hum also from a ceiling fan???

On the links blow the article it says that they're now heard in Canada & Germany.

posted on Sep, 28 2003 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I remember a show regarding the Kokomo Hum a few years ago (think it was a spot on Unsolved Mysteries or something): Apparently a small number of people are particularly atuned to this sound, and it has had profound effects on thier lives.... IE, they cannot sleep, and often are not very effective in thier lifves as a result.

One particular sufferer who had considered something so drastic as suicide over it, was led into an extremely deep coal mine, in the hopes that the insultaeing rock would dampen the effects... it was found to only magnify the sound. (I believe this person did in fact later commit suicide over it).

Considering the information that some people are more atuned to this kind of noise than most others (a known effect in some people who are very atuned to EM interference and ULF/ELF broadcasts), and the fact that it seemed to be magnified by being far underground, I would say that this is likely the physical manifestation of high level scalar broadcasts...

I wonder if HAARP broadcasts for some reason are having the broadcast backwash focused on Kokomo?

posted on Sep, 28 2003 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Completely believable to me. Especially if the effects were only noticed when both fans were running. People could have been hearing all sorts of harmonics. I remember when I lived in northern California hearing a similar thing. A low frequency hum can absolutely destroy your sleep. Also, if a room in your house starts oscillating from the hum, watch out! In my situation, I could barely detect the hum outside, but inside the house it was enough to drive you nuts. I never figured out the cause.

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Both companies have agreed to stop or change the fans so I guess we'll know for sure soon.

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I never heard of the Kokomo Hum... but from what you're saying, I can understand it.

The sound of florescent lights drives me up a wall, and when I read, I need the TV on (the sound can be off, yet the TV's noise is... relaxing).

People are just more perceptive to certian things than others.

posted on Oct, 1 2003 @ 08:25 AM
link   
KOKOMO, Ind.

An acoustics consulting firm concluded two industrial fans appear to be among the sources of a mysterious hum that some Kokomo residents believe is to blame for their health and sleeping problems.

Jim Cowan of Cambridge, Mass, - based Acentech presented the results of a 10-month study during a public meeting Thursday. Acentech hired by the city for the study, isolated low-frequency and infrasonic tones at local industries in Kokomo, about 40 miles north of Indianapolis.

An audible low-frequency sound was traced to a cooling tower on the roof of Kokomo's DaimlerChrysler Casting Plant. A second and quieter tone was traced to an air compressor fan at Haynes International.

for the rest of the article click link below:

www.indystar.com...

Well another low-frequency problem, although this one where I didnt think they'd find one (meaning I dont think this has anything to do with HAARP) first time for everything.

But then I cant find any programmes/projects located near there, but DR might know something else? (over to you dragonrider)

blackwidow

posted on Oct, 1 2003 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I dont believe it for a second, lol! As Bandit795 asked in a different thread, if the Kokomo hum are industrial fans, what makes the Taos hum, cieling fans???

posted on Oct, 1 2003 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Oh sorry couldnt find Bandit795 thread on this?

blackwidow

posted on Oct, 1 2003 @ 08:47 AM
link   
damn that just sounds like mental torture. No wonder they cant sleep it would just grate on the nerves.

posted on Oct, 1 2003 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I posted my thoughts on it here. I really dont think it possible to blame that on fans, but as I said if they are trying to blame the numerous large scale power outages on trees falling on power lines, I guess they will try to make any variety of crap sound plausible.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

join