It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Going to the Mountains

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Lets start from the beginning...

As being in college and by a local mt. I decided that it would be a good idea to sign up for a ski class so i can improve (of course).

Today was the first day of this class and yesterday there was a huge snow storm but the roads were pretty clear, meaning no snow. I drive a 96' 850 T5 Volvo WITH studded tires and had no problems going up the previous sunday when it was more icy out.

Anyways, the drive up to the mt. access road was pretty dry but on that road there was snow about 6 inches or so. No problem at all my volvo handeled like a DREAM, a few bumbs here and there but that was it.

Here is where my problem happened. When I got up to the parking lot there was about of foot of new fallen snow from the day. I got stuck once I got into the parking lot because I had to stop ( car in front)
I was then stuck (or so I thought). This guy in a truck had the ordacity to pull up beside me, roll down his window and start to give me a lecture about how in oregon it is law to have chains in a snow zone. He is wrong you either are supposed to carry chains or traction devices (studded tires) and I am an Oregonian and am very familiar with the rules during winter otherwise my parents wouldn't let me go anywhere near the mountains. He then preceded to say I hope someone can come pull you out and laughed. What a total di**
I don't know what the hell he was thinking but I managed to do just fine without anyone!!!

After this jacka** left and he was out of the way I was able to back out and proceed without getting stuck again with Ease.

It is just very frustrating for someone to talk down to you even when your doing everything right. I don't know what he was thinking for him to say that; who does he think he's talking to!!!

MY DAY AFTER 8 AM CLASSES
:bnghd:

- Dagger

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Sorry about the jerk.
If I had been there, the conversation would have started..
"hey need some help?"
I would have shoveled pulled, and finally dragged you out if need be..
I don't know how many times I did this last year for folks..I just know I was tired by february...LOL. We had a pretty bad winter in the Sierra Nevadas last year.
What happened to people helping others out?...
I just don't get it..

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Thanks spacedoubt thats really nice.
I just don't understand why people are so self centered in this world nowadays. I sometimes start to think that our culture is starting to take a nose dive and fear for our future.

-Dagger

new topics

join