It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pet PEEVE

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 03:49 PM
link   
OK, I must post one of my pet PEEVEs.

We all accept some african americans saying "black power"
We all accept some mexican americans saying "brown power"
We all Accept some asain americans saying "yellow power"

But God forbid if you dare say "White Power"...You racist pig nazi scumbag....

Wait...why are all the other groups allowed to be proud of their color/race....but when "white people" do it it is racist.

hmmmmm???????

[edit on 1/18/2006 by mrmonsoon]

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Hey now...
Don't forget Red Power! for the Native Americans

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by kenshiro2012
Hey now...
Don't forget Red Power! for the Native Americans

Of course. Anyone else can think of any?

the real issue was why is it ok for "them" and not "us"?

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 06:42 PM
link   
It seems like you can be as racist and discriminatory as you want, as long as you aren't the majority. That goes from everything from race issues, to the whole Christmas-Winter Holiday thing. Just like it is essentially illegal immigrants trying to do away with border security, etc.

You don't even have to be offensive about it by saying something like "White power" to be labelled and discriminated against if you are white. Say anything and people will claim that you are trying to be superior. Say you are German and you are vocally proud of your German heritage... the majority of people will label you a Nazi even though you don't mention anything about it, or associate with it in any way. I dunno. It's messed up.

I think the problem is the fact that people just won't accept that we are equal. Even when they get their rights and they are treated as equals, they still have to go out proclaiming and trying to be superior. I personally see the same thing with the more extreme Women's Rights movements. They don't just want to be equal, they want to be better. So there's another one for you.

I guess that's just human nature to be greedy, selfish, and self-centered. We're all the same

[edit on 18-1-2006 by Yarcofin]

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I have to second Yarcofin's input.
As long as you are not a member of the "majority" then it is ok.
There was a news story last week that highlighted this fact for me. There was a teacher who was going on a hunger strike over African- Americans using the N word towards each other. He felt that all this was wrong. The reporter then asked the teacher if he would do the same to stop them from using words such as "Cracker", Whitie etc. No response from the teacher.
Prejudisim is a two way street. Unfortunately, it is not looked at that way.
A good example, if there are any here that are presently in the US military, Can you give us a quick run down of how many caucasians are presently working in Social Actions or the MEO office

top topics

join