It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Westall Sighting of 1966

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I ran in to an interesting story looking through the news today. It mentions the 40th anniverssiary of a UFO sighting in a town named Westall which is near Melbourne Australia. The funny thing is that I couldn't find a single reference to this incident anywhere here on ATS. I thought that maybe someone else here may find this interesting. I was impressed with what seems to be a very good sighting by a large group of people. So what was this? An experimental aircraft, or the real thing? If you know anything about this event a man named Shane Ryan is looking for witnesses to the event.

More than 200 students and staff from two schools watched as the object landed in a nearby paddock, lifted off and vanished. It was a low-flying, silver/grey shining object, either of classical flying saucer shape or close to it, "a cup turned upside down on a saucer". The UFO appears to have left a circle of scorched grass.

source

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 03:55 PM
link   
nice.. good find!

I wonder why there isn't more on the net about this. Especially since there was physical evidence of scorched grass.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Now this is a very credible sighting. It reminds me of a Sighting in South Africa where tons of School children claimed to have seen a UFO, and beings.

Surprised this incident dosen't get more attention, it should be counted as a very sigficant sighting.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Hello

I didn't knew this event. The number of witnesses is impressive, as well as the physical trace. It seems to be a very strong evidence case indeed.

[edit on 19/1/2006 by Musclor]

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 11:22 PM
link   
"Don't worry love, it was probably just a wallaby."

Yeah I've heard about this sighting, very interesting. I'm not sure what Westall was like back in 1966, but now it is quite within the urban boundary.

Just on the topic of Australian cases that haven't been discussed here, if it hasn't been looked at before I'll start a topic about the Frederick Valentich disappearance.

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 09:43 AM
link   
There is a Yahoo Group about this => groups.yahoo.com...

top topics

join