It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS is AWESOME!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 09:43 PM
link   
... its not often I get enthusiastic about something on the internet. Data through a wire as they would say...

...and then I found ATS.

On previous forums, if I were to attempt to explain a thesis, a piece of technology, or my political views, I would get hoards of immature backlash.

On ATS I repeatedly get hoards of PRAISE for my input.

I found alot of propeganda induced people on other forums. People who would call me un-American after every political stance. To which I thought was amusing, as I'm not American at all. But I didnt correct them, I suppose to me its an inside joke.

On ATS, people take my views seriously. They consider them, and I MEAN actually CONSIDER my views... and then state their opinions.

I do believe I have found a new home when it comes to forums on the internet.

Anyone new to ATS, I expect you will find this forum as welcoming and easy-going as I have.

Exellent work ATS team.

Exellent work.

[edit on 17-1-2006 by johnsky]

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Welcome johnsky!

Yes, ATS is an amazing place and it just shows what a well run board with excellent members can do.

Here's a handy link too that will guide you on your journey.
The Handbook of ATS Links

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Glad you like the site.
My personal experience here has been good so far, and it's been nearly a year since I registered, and I lurked for a few months before that. I have noticed that (and rightly so) the more intelligent posters get the more intelligent responses. As long as you post like you have thought about the issues, and are somewhat intelligent or else willing to learn, you get treated with respect here.

(slight aside: you might want to change your avatar a bit, since it hides your username, unless you drag the mouse over it and highlight it. Some people don't like it when you do that, although it doesn't really bother me)

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Keep in mind, that not everyone will agree with you.

That, however, is what makes ATS work.

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnsky
On previous forums, if I were to attempt to explain a thesis, a piece of technology, or my political views, I would get hoards of immature backlash.

Don't you hate that? Nothing worse that spending 20 min researching an issue only to get "Dude you must be insane" as a reply. Of course you theories may be crazy, but the're not any crazier than mine and I'll gladly take the time to consider them. It's common courtesy, and you learn a lot be reading what you may think is the most far-out story.

Still, expect some backlash every now and then but hopefully it will be done in a mature and thoughtful fashion. Glad you finally decided to join and looking forward to seeing your post in the future.

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Wonderful johnsky, I'm so glad that you are enjoying the community. Welcome to you friend...

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 12:19 AM
link   
We are very glad you like it here, this is why we work hard to make the place worth while.

Enjoy and participate.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Great intro. It's thanks to the great Mod crew the ATS remains a place where everyone can have a say, provided they do it respectfully and ethically.

Welcome johnsky. Look forward to reading your posts for sure!

new topics

top topics

join