It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gore Accused of Hypocrisy - and rightly so

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Al Gore, who has been screaming (a la Howard Dean) like a mad man every time somone gives him an opportunity to speak, apparantly put his foot in it with a recent speech claiming tha Bush has broken the law. Now the White House has fired back showing that similar things were done during the Clinton/Gore administration.

article

WASHINGTON - The White House accused former Vice President Al Gore of hypocrisy Tuesday for his assertion that President Bush broke the law by eavesdropping on Americans without court approval.

“If Al Gore is going to be the voice of the Democrats on national security matters, we welcome it,” White House press secretary Scott McClellan said in a swipe at the Democrat, who lost the 2000 election to Bush only after the Supreme Court intervened.

Gore, in a speech Monday, called for an independent investigation of the administration program that he says broke the law by listening in — without warrants — on Americans suspected of talking with terrorists abroad.

Al, you just keep making that Supreme Court decision look smarter and smarter by appearing to be a man just short of losing it altogether.

[edit on 1/17/2006 by centurion1211]

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Actually you have to understand that Gore is not the only that feels that way about the wire tapping, many Republicans feel that it deserves to be examined.

But as everything in our nation now a days anybody that comes forward and say anything against the government is deemed a traitor.

Is not surprised that he along with Murtha and others has become the targets of the Bush administration.

You are either with us or against us.

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Yes, the SMART thing to do is IGNORE the very important message of the speech that happens to effect us ALL and attack the man because he's on the other team!

What a waste of time!

On a positive note, the speech is being talked about, even on TV news!

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Interesting that the White House didn't deny the charges of breaking the law by Gore, but accused him of hypocrisy. In other words, the White House said, "He did it, too"!

And the fact that the White House is responding so aggressively only means that it bothers them so much. Good!

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Wow, spinning that much would make me dizzy.

Say, marg and BH, how do you like my new signature?

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 06:28 PM
link   
When someone understands a point made in a speech and tries to explain it to you, a true believer, it is not called..."spin"! It is called a helpful explanation of something you didn't understand. It is a nice thing, not a bad thing when someone explains something to you in a nice manner.
We already know that repubs hate the demos and anyone else who might replace them in whatever sweetheart job the party has given them. We know that if all the republican politicians were replaced tomorrow and could not work for corporations who do business with the goveernment and hire them no matter how incompetent they might be forcing them to compete for a real job on the job market against average Americans, they would not be hired. I guess I can understand a certain amount of fear and loathing in that case.
Having explained this there is still no reason for your fear and abhorrence of Al Gore. He probably won't run again anyway so you guys better begin attacking the reputation of, oh, I don't know, let me see, Oh Yeah! Hillary.
skep

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Unlike the loving Democrats who don't hate nor lump the Republicans into one group, right skep?

Unfortunately, I suspect you're right about Al Gore running again...

I think the point being made was that Al Gore is accusing Bush of being a criminal for doing the same thing Clinton, under whom he was #2, did for 8 years. Those in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

This practice was also not a suprise to Gore...Why, if he's so upset about it, didn't he speak out knowing that Clinton was doing the same thing? Therein lies the accusation of hypocricy.

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
Wow, spinning that much would make me dizzy.

Say, marg and BH, how do you like my new signature?

He, he, is to cute to take it seriously.

I didn't vote for Gore because I had not trust on him. But I rather vote for McCain if he runs than Gore.

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by skep

Skep, suggest you hang around here a bit before coming off sounding so high and mighty. There just may be things that you still need to learn.

And I'll be happy to give ol' crazy Al a pass when he stops foaming at the mouth every time he gives a speech. I think anyone would have to admit that kind of behavior is not confidence-building in a person that aspires to be president. Look what happened to your friend Howard Dean. Flying high towards the democrat nomination, and perhaps the election. Then one mighty scream and most of his support evaporates like liberals finding themselves at a revival meeting.

[edit on 1/17/2006 by centurion1211]

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
[He, he, is to cute to take it seriously.

Aw, marg, I think you figured me out on the signature.

Poor skep was probably too green to get my (deep) humor (attempt). I also think he really would have hated my old signature: "liberalii et wahhabii delenda est". Well, maybe he would if he could translate the Latin ...

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 10:29 AM
link   
centurion1211,

You missed it! The point here is that President Bush has shown a clear Pattern of disreguard for US laws that don't serve his personal wishes. Yes Clinton and Gore broke some laws while they were in office. Was what they did wrong? Yes, Without a Doubt!

The issue in play here is, Bush has NO reguard for the constitution at all!

It the difference between stealing into a car, and robbing someone at gun point! They are both felonies, but one is worse then the other!

Tim

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 10:36 AM
link   
He violates the constitution? Article 2 section 2 defines, and has been interpreted by the Supreme Court, to give the Commander In Chief such powers in war time. If you recall, congress did declare war on terrorism. Seeing that the Supreme Court has given the president those powers, I'm not sure of what felony he's committing...

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ghost
centurion1211,

You missed it! The point here is that President Bush has shown a clear Pattern of disreguard for US laws that don't serve his personal wishes. Yes Clinton and Gore broke some laws while they were in office. Was what they did wrong? Yes, Without a Doubt!

Tim

Tim,

You missed it all right. Exactly which laws has Bush broken? Which felonies has Bush been accused, tried and convicted of?

That's right, exactly none.

No matter how badly you want for there to be something, anything, that would let you nail Bush on, it just isn't there.

I want you to grab hold of yourself, now, because this is going to be hard for you to take: No matter what you think and post here on ATS, Bush is going to finish his term in office without being impeached, indicted, or anything else. It'll still be just your hero Clinton and Johnson from the 1800's that go down in history as the only presidents to be impeached - that is, until the next democrat president ...

[edit on 1/24/2006 by centurion1211]

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
Tim,

You missed it all right. Exactly which laws has Bush broken? Which felonies has Bush been accused, tried and convicted of?

That's right, exactly none.

No matter how badly you want for there to be something, anything, that would let you nail Bush on, it just isn't there.

It'll still be just your hero Clinton . . .
[edit on 1/24/2006 by centurion1211]

centurion1211,

My hero Clinton?
What the Hell are you smokin?
Do I look like a nutcase? Just because I used Clinton for comparison, doesn't mean he's my Hero! Why exactly do you think that I look up to a, budget cutting, weed smokin, hippy, who can't keep his Dick out of the intern? Clinton, a hero? I think I'm going to be sick!

As for being covicted, Bush has Never been Convited of anything! Just for the record, Bill Clinton was NEVER Convicted either! he was accused of breaking the law, but not Convicted. No US President has Ever been CONVICTED by the senate during an impeachment!

Someone in this administation presented FALSE evidence to convince congress to go to war in Iraq! Starting a War under false pretense is anILLEAGL use of executive power. Someone lied about the reasons for war! This needs to be investigated. If someone presents FALSE evidence in court, they go to jail! That IS the Crime in question!!

Our government needs to find the lier. This person has costed THOUSANDS of lives. Snif, Snif! I smell a Bush!

Tim

top topics

join