It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protesting Women Go Nude In The Streets - Closing Down Markets

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Hundreds of women in Nigeria are walking around major streets and markets in the nude causing the markets and businesses to close. They do this as a protest against the caretaker committee which they want disbanded. They say the caretaker committee has been appointed by the mafia.

Anambra Women Go Nude in Protest (allAfrica.com)

Daily Champion (Lagos)

January 14, 2006
Posted to the web January 16, 2006

HUNDREDS of Ekwulobia Women yesterday took to the streets to protest what they called, "Choosing their leaders for them" by the Anambra State government, even as the Ekwulobia community through Chief I.D.O. Ezechukwu has forwarded an S.O.S letter to the state government on the inauguration of a caretaker committee to run the affairs of the town by the governnment.

The women who were half naked and in rags, carried leaves, round the major streets and markets in the community in protest of the inauguaration, thus causing markets and business to close, briefly. The women's action would be the third in a row in seven days, against the caretaker committee headed by Dr. Amanchukwu Ezeigwe.

the community has forwarded a strong five-page save our soul (SOS) petition to the state government and Governor Ngige through Dr. Ogbuka, calling for the disbanding of the caretaker committee which they described as "a sign of a people who have failed", adding that, "a caretaker committee in the present circumstance, is derogatory," and that "our final prayer is for you to be gracious and permit our present stance in our present predicament. Please spare us the discomfort of a Godfather sponsored caretaker committee as the Ekwulobia people can organise, and conduct their own elections", the petition added. The petition is signed by all the village representatives, the Regency secretariat, Nze na Ozo, the palace councillors and the Ekwulobia women council

If only women would use the same tactics when they protest something here
- "What was that, you said?" - "You protest what?" - "Lalalalala, I canĀ“t hear you!"

[edit on 2006/1/16 by Hellmutt]

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 12:18 AM
link   
And they expect men will listen to them because they are naked ? please lol all women know that doesn't actually work.

maybe the next lot of brilliant women who want to try the shock value approach will give out free sexual favors in order to be heard :shk:

smh @ them and lol @ U Helmutt

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 02:57 PM
link   
And I am not protesting anything, I just live in Miami!

join