It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google Earth Glitch??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 07:56 PM
link   
IF you have Google Earth (the free version particularly), type in "Nellis AFB". You don't get Area 51. You get this building in the middle of Vegas. Can't be an air base, or even an airport, as there's no air strip. It can't be COINTELPRO; it shows Area 51. the actual base. I was able to zoom in up to 200 someodd feet off the ground.

Weird...

[edit on 1/15/2006 by TheRanchMan]

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I typed that in, and got what appears to be the base. Runways, and everything else appears to be the base? I have the free version

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I got a base when i typed it in, and its in Lasvegas. but not area 51. i got a thread on Area 51 pics. its 100 miles north west of Las vegas.

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 10:51 PM
link   
A R E A 5 1 N E W B, the base you found that's not Nellis, does it have red roofs?

Well, I'm gone for the night.

Ranchman OUT.

[edit on 1/15/2006 by TheRanchMan]

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Well half of them are red, and half are white. there on the left side when i search it.

When i search COINTELPRO i get some building though. Maybe you searched that

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 11:56 PM
link   
It's probably the postal address of the base. Mail will be sent to somewhere in Las Vegas, screened and then moved to A51 when needed.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I have the Free Version , searched for Nellis AFB and it took me to the AFB. Runways, Jets, Helicopters and the AWAC etc.

Its located just off off Route 15, then state highway 604.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 08:09 PM
link   
This is the result for the Search of "Nellis AFB":

This is Nellis (isn't it?):

I just don't get it...

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Ya thats what I got to. Is Nellis AFB supposed to be Area 51?

But i'd agree with Nerdling. It could be the postal address.

Also this base could be the base that the workers use to go to area 51 during the week. They leave Monday to go to Area 51 and come back saturday i believe. They have sleeping quarters in Area 51.

In your Area 51 pic if you zoom in theres 3 white planes on the strip.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Ya thats what I got to. Is Nellis AFB supposed to be Area 51?

But i'd agree with Nerdling. It could be the postal address.

Also this base could be the base that the workers use to go to area 51 during the week. They leave Monday to go to Area 51 and come back saturday i believe. They have sleeping quarters in Area 51.

In your Area 51 pic if you zoom in theres 3 white planes on the strip.

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Nellis Air Force Base is not Area 51.

They are two facilities located in close proximity to each other.

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Are They not affiliated? Because the signs on the road leading to Area 51 say "Nellis Bombing and Gunnery Range"...

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 01:12 PM
link   
O.K. This clears up everything now... The 2 bases have nothing to with each other obviously...

And why does my comp keep double posting?

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 08:34 PM
link   
You're clicking too much... Duh...llama.

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 08:51 PM
link   
It does the same for me. When I type in Nellis it takes me to the middle of the city. Type in Area 51 takes me straight there.

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Nellis AFB is NOT A51. Nellis is close to A51 and I think they do tests on A51's land and outside borders.

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Oh I see. So does Nellis AFB send out personnel to the base to cnduct the test?

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Let me see here, this is what I know:
1. A51 Employees do NOT use Nellis AFB to get back and forth to work on A51. A51 Employees have a choice to either take the bus from Rachel (I think) or they can use the JANET planes that fly out of Vegas airport.
2. Nellis AFB isn't A51. I believe they may use Ellis as a home base during drills and operations, such as bombing and gunning on the Nellis Range which A51 is a part of.
3. A51 Is found on the dry bed of Groom Lake west of Rachel and is sometimes referred to as simply Groom Lake Test Facility. The actual base isn't or is rarely called A51 as Area 51 is the name of the area as it is listed on the land maps of Nevada.

That's all I got lol.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 03:15 AM
link   
go to london centre point its hovering

new topics

top topics

join