It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If your an atheist?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Do you still take the Christian religious holidays off, or do you go to work on those days?

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I don't know if this pertains or not; but I'm a Christian [backslider] and I do not take Christian holidays off. Being self employed there is no such thing as a holiday wheather Christian, Buddist, VooDoo or Jain.

I have a feeling here that you are looking to call athiests hypocrites if they take Christian holidays off, Right?

This probably should be in BTS as I am dipped if I can see a conspicary here.
But if there is, please get on that pony and ride, cowboy!

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Just by coincidence, I worked Christmas, but got holiday pay. Sure, I don't celebrate the birth of Christ, but my company won't let me take Frank Sinatra's birthday as a holiday, so it all evens out.

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I'm not really sure how productive a thread like this could be...

Before you make any comments about athiests taking off Christmas, might you consider the fact it's a federal holiday???

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I'm with the, "This belongs in BTS" crowd.

Still, I'm not a christian cause I found a better deal where holidays are concerned. I'm a unitarian Universalist and we celebrate EVERY religious holiday. We'll party at the drop of a hat.

Love and light,

Wupy

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by logreq
Do you still take the Christian religious holidays off, or do you go to work on those days?

Christmas is no different to me than any other day. But my husband does take off all federal holidays. In his current job, he is not permitted to enter the building on federal holidays.

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
I don't know if this pertains or not; but I'm a Christian [backslider] and I do not take Christian holidays off. Being self employed there is no such thing as a holiday wheather Christian, Buddist, VooDoo or Jain.

I have a feeling here that you are looking to call athiests hypocrites if they take Christian holidays off, Right?

no, no not at all. I just was wondering, if there is anyone out there, that because of there Atheist belief wont take the day off. Not trying to incite a riot, point fingers or nothing like that. Just wondering, thats all, nothing more

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 10:35 PM
link   
What part of Conspiracy - v- theology is hard for people to comprehend? Place threads ion the right forums, in the right domains. I'm not even sure if this is theology!

To answer the question; no, they do not take the day off. They are required to work durtint the Christmas holidays. As a matter of fact, they are not even allowed in the department stores when Christians are shopping for presents!

Moved to BTS, somehwere.

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 10:36 PM
link   
There are no more christian holidays!

Christmas = santa nough said.

Easter = Bunny hiding egg's like the lil mean bastard he is.

idk if there's any other's. never really thought of them as christian holidays as I hold different view's.

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Umm, The only Christian holidays that I can think of that may give the day off are Easter and Christmas. Easter is always on a Sunday, so lets eliminate that. As for Christmas, well, that was on a Sunday this year too. I don't go in to work on days that the office is closed, so that answers all of that for me.

For others, I think that celebrating Christmas as the birth of Christ is a little off to begin with, but I won't get into that. I think that a reciprical question might be, do you take Saturday off? Or Sunday? whichever day you celebrate God's good graces, you very well should be working the other. Unless the office is closed that is.

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

no, no not at all. I just was wondering, if there is anyone out there, that because of there Atheist belief wont take the day off. Not trying to incite a riot, point fingers or nothing like that. Just wondering, thats all, nothing more

I don't know about over seas, but Here in the U.S. Everyone gets Christmas off, ANd i know many Christians/Catholics that take off Other days in the year
to pray to God(or jesus never really sure how it works with them
) As for Athiest They don't have any real Spiritual Holidays, but they do take time off for social and family ones. So for Christmas they might go and Spend time with their loved ones, Or On Halloween They take the day off to take their kids Trick or Treatin' . And to be honest you can't blame a Person for taking time off for work.

Of course If your place of business is closed then you have to take the day off, I used to work at a car dealership and the really F-in ignorant management thought it would be a great idea if they made Everyone in teh parts department come in on Thanksgiving, And do a proper stock count. Its like "Gee I was planning on driving 6hrs tohave dinner with my family " "Well you can still Do that , but you have to be here from 9-4 to do the stock count"

NEwayz a bunch of wankers they were , taking the day off ,making us do the work, Hope they all suffer in h.........errr......
NEwayz yeah Atheist Don't take religious holidays but Most people will grab a day off(especially when its paid) when they can get one

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy
I'm with the, "This belongs in BTS" crowd.

Still, I'm not a christian cause I found a better deal where holidays are concerned. I'm a unitarian Universalist and we celebrate EVERY religious holiday. We'll party at the drop of a hat.

Love and light,

Wupy

Sounds pretty Awesome!!!!!! how can i get in on that

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I have another confession to make. I took Martin Luther King Jr. day off, and I'm not black!

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 05:03 PM
link   

I take off on those days. I've started taking off early on Halloween as well and may just start taking off the whole day.

I don't see why I should punish myself from having fun just because of my lack of religious beliefs.

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I take holidays claimed by christians (calimed because as far as I can tell, christians are not responsible for providing any holidays, they just claim them like most of their other supposed ideas). I would take Jewish, Moslem, Buddhists, Eastern Orthodox, Luthren, Anglican, Reform, Hindu...(did I miss any) if I know them and my employer would go for it.
If you're referring to christmas, as we celebrate it in the US of A, it ain't about Jesus anymore, if it ever was, and hasn't been since retailers in New York changed the holiday from whatever it was previously to a commercial event back in the late 40's. Frankly, I like it when people temporarily put on the nice and get into the spirit and wish we could manage to be nice to each other , oh, I don't know, lets see, oh! I have it...all year long. But then, it wouldn't be christmas as we know it.
skep

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 06:12 PM
link   
If my office is closed, I stay home. We do the usual holidays here: New Year's Day, Easter (Spring Holidays if you are in school), 4th of July, Memorial Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas.

Now, how many of those are Christian?

Would I work on these holidays? Sure. Why the heck not. But, since I don't have to....:w:

top topics

join