It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus always existed, begin nor end of story.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 11:20 PM
link   
He Is Always, for on one day, He cameth down, into the flesh, into a manchild. Into what we are, body, Him, embodied. And that which he was, are you too. That is what he said, as I said before in other threads, not believing in Him, is denying your true self, not your consciounce, but that which you are. But filling your consciounce with that which you are, is receiving faith. In Him, in what you are! They called Him Jesus, he expressed what he was, not who he is, but by being who he is, expressing what he was.

That's a story.

No polls in here? Show me who you are, do you believe in Him, show me your true nature, yes or no? I believe in Him, or I don't, and you might give me your reason.

alienaddicted

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 02:48 PM
link   
well, i'm a buddhist

i believe in no specific personification of the divine, the beyond our comprehension.

i believe a man (nothing more than a man) named jesus was born in nazareth and some people exploited his preachings and made a religion in his name.

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by alienaddicted
Show me who you are, do you believe in Him, show me your true nature, yes or no?

No.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Why not spammyhammy

Do you know, do you believe, do you have faith in a man who was His Son?

Do you have understanding in what he might have been, or in what he was? Do you want to evolve yourself as being one of the righteous?

I'm getting on your heels here
IF you don't want to, you don't need to my dearest

Go on

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Why not spammyhammy

Why should I? It's obviously just a bunch of ancient mythology rehashed, and it's not even poignant.

Again, no.

Do you have understanding in what he might have been, or in what he was?

I understand what is claimed about him. A child could see it's fantasy.

Do you want to evolve yourself as being one of the righteous?

No. I see no reason to strive for somebody else's arbitrary idea of perfection. I'm not some imaginary being's "servant", nor do I care to become one.

I don't mind talking openly about these things. I'm not ashamed of who I am.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by spamandham

Why not spammyhammy

Why should I? It's obviously just a bunch of ancient mythology rehashed, and it's not even poignant.

theology, spam, theo-logy

Again, no.

but do you know about who me might have it here?

Do you have understanding in what he might have been, or in what he was?

I understand what is claimed about him. A child could see it's fantasy.

dreams shape our existence..

Do you want to evolve yourself as being one of the righteous?

No. I see no reason to strive for somebody else's arbitrary idea of perfection. I'm not some imaginary being's "servant", nor do I care to become one.

ofcourse

I don't mind talking openly about these things. I'm not ashamed of who I am.

you don't seem to be a bad guy

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 06:16 PM
link   
i believe there was a guy named jesus who tried to spread the message of the hebrew prophets of the old testament. i do not believe he was god incarnate. i do believe that he used the prophesies of a coming messiah to his advantages and to bring hope and validity to his message. he was a great teacher and spread a great message that has been highjacked and torn to shreds. i believe nothing in the new testament at all after jesus died. and most of it from genesis up to that point is suspect.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 08:38 PM
link   
No. At one time I did but not anymore. I beleive that there is the chance that a man named Jesus Christ lived about two thousand years ago and had good things to say about life and was a teacher. I don't believe that he was the Son of God or that I need to accept as such for any sort of salvation. He was just a man.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 09:33 PM
link   

theology, spam, theo-logy

The only distinction between theology and mythology is whether your talking about your myth or someone else's. I'm talking about someone else's.

but do you know about who me might have it here?

I don't know what this means. Sorry.

dreams shape our existence..

So do our waking moments, and most probably the time spent neither dreaming nor awake as well. Are you a mystic by chance?

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by plague
i believe there was a guy named jesus who tried to spread the message of the hebrew prophets of the old testament. i do not believe he was god incarnate. i do believe that he used the prophesies of a coming messiah to his advantages and to bring hope and validity to his message. he was a great teacher and spread a great message that has been highjacked and torn to shreds. i believe nothing in the new testament at all after jesus died. and most of it from genesis up to that point is suspect.

don't rule out revelations, it's a good reference to how christians were persecuted under the roman empire. it has a deep historical significance.

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Hey alienaddicted,
Thought u looked kinda lonely on this thread... i believe in Jesus. I believe he is the son of God...

And he's cool too

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I believe Jesus is the largest misinterpretation since the lightswitch. I also disagree to the fullest with the thread starter regarding the "not believeing in him = denying yourself". He is not part of me, except as ink on my left arm. I've lived my whole life without him, and I intend to live the rest without him too, and would you look at that, my life is just as meaningful as the life of a believer. To me that makes a whole lot of sense but I don't expet you to want to try to believe me, as I expect you not to try to make me believe in your faith.
Peace out.

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Panzeroth
I've lived my whole life without him, and I intend to live the rest without him too, and would you look at that, my life is just as meaningful as the life of a believer.

Panzeroth, He has lived with EVERYBODY beleiver or unbeleiver. He loves us ALL equally and will never stray from us. It doesen't matter what you think anyway, Jesus loves YOU no matter what you say.

So, if you think your life is going perfectly( no crimes, no depression etc), just get on with it.

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 07:42 PM
link   
If he loves everybody, who do people go to hell?

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Duh, cuz they're sinners and not worthy of his love and forgivness

No, I don't believe jesus existed. Not when there's many other's with the same basic story, life and teaching's. But I don't expect any "good" christian to bother and research their religion, where it come's from, what it's symbols originally meant etc etc etc.

It's abit hard to pin down which religion is the one true religion when all lay that claim and many of these different religions followers all lay claim into having "personal" proof that the religion they follow is legit and valid.

Why do you follow christ instead of the many other religions that have the same level of "proof" as yours does?

In the bible, jesus went to many places, met many people, preached all over, performed miracles.

Yet not ONE person writes anything down of himself, his teachings, nor his miracles. Not untill 30 years after his supposed death. No one who heard his teaching's thought it was important enough to write down? No one who witnessed his miracles deemed them worthy enough of recording?

What about the other messiahs before and after jesus? Shame they never became as popular despite fulfilling some of the prophecies too.

Take a leap of faith and make the choice to learn the history of your religion. Show abit of independence rather than dependence.

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 08:36 PM
link   
No man look at this

Originally posted by batel gemBelPanzeroth, He has lived with EVERYBODY beleiver or unbeleiver. He loves us ALL equally and will never stray from us. It doesen't matter what you think anyway, Jesus loves YOU no matter what you say.

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Funny how thse threads tend to die when the only argument they can come up with is "God works in mysterious ways"

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Jesus is just a myth. No different then santa. Made up from the best parts of different stories about different "do good" people. The images of both jesus and santa are so idolized that people associate good as their doing.

The name jesus was not rare in the days of the old testament. It was a common rabinical name. Now there were always quite a lot of influencial rabis. Seams quite obvious how situations could have generated some real good stories about a man named jesus.

But the fact that there is not one shred of evidence that the biblical jesus ever existed is reson enough question the purpose of the church. They make up this myth and align false celibrations to deter other religions.

They made up the birthday of jesus to coincide with the winter solsitce celibration and "to downplay chanukah. They put easter during passover. They don't know when he died or where he is burried. The most important figure in the history of the papyrus fables and they don't have a single fact about him, just second hand hearsay.

Yeah it does kill it when they say
"God works in mysterious ways":shk:

reminds me of the phrase
"I'm rubber and your glue, whatever you say bounces of me and sticks to you."

Both of them are childish aversions from the less studious. Anyone with a firm understanding of their beliefs would be happy to expalin them.

[edit on 14-5-2006 by Gravityisatheory]

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Gravityisatheory,

That's pretty much how the chinese dragon mythology came to birth. Some succesfull and influential emperor became immortalized as the chinese dragon. They even attributed a mystical birth to this guy as well. There possibly was an historical jesus, just not the guy in the bible, that's a direct rip of horus and a few others.

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 08:43 PM
link   
There is proof of Jesus' existance and miracles. It's called the Holy Bible and it's written by God through his followers. Hence, it's the Truth.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join