It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shelly Winters Has Died Of Heart Failure At 85

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 04:28 PM
link   
A true icon has passed away............

www.nndb.com... Click for a bio......

Shelley Winters, the forceful, outspoken star who graduated from blond bombshell parts to dramas, winning Academy Awards as supporting actress in "The Diary of Anne Frank" and "A Patch of Blue," has died. She was 85.

Winters died of heart failure early Saturday at The Rehabilitation Centre of Beverly Hills, her publicist Dale Olson said. She had been hospitalized in October after suffering a heart attack.

The actress sustained her long career by repeatedly reinventing herself. Starting as a nightclub chorus girl, advanced to supporting roles in New York plays, then became famous as a Hollywood sexpot.
www.cnn.com...

I want to post every detail of her accomplishments but I'd have to violate the T&C to do that, so here's the link to the Internet Movie Data Base for her page.
www.imdb.com...

She played so many roles in her life and that body of work will last for a long time.
It's just sad to see the body and soul that did that work has failed.

Her passing will be felt by many, but she will never be forgotten.......

[edit on 14/1/2006 by anxietydisorder]

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I am not really familiar with who she was, but this line quickly says alot about who she was and what kind of charachter she was.

Shelley Winters donated the best supporting actress Academy Award she won for the role of Mrs. Van Daan to the Anne Frank museum in Amsterdam.

Seems like the world has lost a good person,

Chissler

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 03:57 PM
link   
It's odd that those of my generation remember her from "Pete's Dragon"...

"We gotta bill a sale right here...."

Of course, Shelley believes in reincarnation, so we'll see her again real soon....

join