It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA needs YOU! :)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Hello

If you have any spare time, then do you fancy helping out NASA find some comet dust hidden in some aerogel? I, unfortunately use Firefox, which means I'm just not good enough for them.

news.bbc.co.uk...

TD

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 09:46 AM
link   
yeah, i saw that. i have already signed up on their website so the will email me when they are taking people on to look through these pictures.

If any of you are interested to the the stardust@home webpage and get them to email you when they are looking for people

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Wiat, is this kinda like SETI?

jra

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by TaupeDragon
I, unfortunately use Firefox, which means I'm just not good enough for them.

I don't think it should matter too much. I use firefox as well. I'm sure it will work. They just might be unaware of other browsers. Who knows. I'll use IE if I have to anyway. Thanks for posting this.

Originally posted by mashup
Wiat, is this kinda like SETI?

I don't think it's anything like it at all. I think you have to look at the images yourself. Not just have your computer analize them.

Well i've pre-registerd. I hope I get an email from them.

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I'm registered.
I'm always looking for burned out pixels in my photos, which I take lots of..
SO I have "experience"..LOL

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Just wanted to be the first to say it:

Good Job Nasa!!!

Stardust lands safly.

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 07:42 AM
link   
What's the exact link that shows in big letters where i can sign up for this? I went to the nasa.gov website and find a lot of info on stardust but not the sign up for this volunteer program.

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rickey Gerard Perez
What's the exact link that shows in big letters where i can sign up for this? I went to the nasa.gov website and find a lot of info on stardust but not the sign up for this volunteer program.

stardustathome.ssl.berkeley.edu...

Here is the direct page..it had been removed from the original news story..

good luck!

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 10:42 AM
link   
As I was reading this thread Foxnews had a story on it and gave the berkley address. They stated that those who register will be trained then given a test. Once you pass the test you will be asked in March to help analyze the photos.

Bet stories like that bump up the participation.

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Nice Find!
Thanks for the links
I am not a TV person so I would have some time to play with this one. I might get this one passed the old lady to have PC time at home to

top topics

join