It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

getting to know each other a lil' better

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 09:54 PM
link   
similar to the 'get to know each other better' game.

i want to know u guys a little better. but the twist is i wanna do that through what u r most afraid of?

me : ever since i was a wee kid, i have always been scared of waking up alone, with no living soul on this planet except me. i have this re-occurring nightmare i get sometimes when i am sick.

its about me being stuck on a sort of an island, very small and cramp. there is just a tree on it and thats all. i cant scream, cant cry, cant do nothing, sooo helpless. there is miles and miles of nothing except water, endless and endless amount of water; sort of like an abyss. the worst part is the whole picture/ view is spinning and water is very turbulent. the view is also like from a sky point of view at an 45 degree angle. very tiny island.
always wake up sweating like a pig.

so what r u afraid of? try to be as description as possible thanks.

ps world peace

[edit on 13-1-2006 by rottonralph101]

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I am scared to death of radical religious fundamentalist and the destruction they seek to cause. Ranging for white supremisists in the US and Europe to fundamentalist muslims in the middle east, i believe this is the largest problem the free world faces today. Hate sucks, and just breeds more hate

[edit on 13-1-2006 by zoso28]

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS rottonralph101.

I used to have a huge fear of death. This was a fear of mine since I was a small child up until about a year ago. I just kinda' got over it.

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 02:59 PM
link   
SPIDERS!

Terrified of spiders! Big or small, doesn't matter! I get cold chills just seeing one on tv.

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 06:34 PM
link   
rottonralph : interesting dream sequence. Interpreting dreams is risky business. Freud began it formally and one of his brighter students pursued it and these two were well qualified to guess about the symbolism in dreams. It's a fair assumption that our dreams are manisfestations of the subconscious mind choosing a path less resisted by the superego (Freud). To guess what, if any, meaning these symbolisms may actually have should be the work of those trained in psychiatry since they will take care to point out that the best interpretation is but a guess. Having said that, possibly you might consider feelings of aloneness.
ZOSO28: I have to agree with you that my greatest fear is the fundamentalist mind set the indulgence of which accounts for most of the world's completely unnecessary grief. These are dangerous people and tollerance by normal people of this current fundamentalists orgy is a luxury that is costing and will continue to cost humanity much of our hard won freedom.
Umbrax: outgrowing our early fears is normal for healthy people. Congratulations.
chissler: I concur on spiders. I imagine them about four feet tall with seven-foot legs waiting to jump 200 feet and land on me. Think about what sight a four foot spider might be. Maybe a H & K MP5 with a piggy-back mag.
skep

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I have a fear and I have a phobia.

My fear is climbing open steps. I get hesitant, get this sickening feeling of vertigo, and get dizzy. I run up them or down them as fast as possible.

My phobia is being smothered or drowned in some way. I can't have a blanket around my face, or a pillow. If someone is in my face too long, I get nervous. If I think I am not going to come back up, I get out of the water. I don't "horseplay" in the water, and I get freaked out when my kids play like that.

*shudder*

What a creepy thread....lol. But I guess it's therapeutic?

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Iam most afraid of waking up and seeing an alien (grey) staring right back at me

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Im afraid of my neighbor Clyde. He looks at me funny and he has a pit bull.

Actually I'm more afraid of the pit bull he calls "Pal"

top topics

join