It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bird Flu Most Deadly For 20-40 Year Olds

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Here is a scary thought:

Experts report that, for some strange reason, bird flu is generally more deadly to people between the ages of 20-40.

Taken from www.prepare-for-bird-flu.com... which is a website I found through WHO or CDC so I condsier it to be credible.

I have also read that the spanish flu (also an avian strain type flu) had very high mortality rates in young healthy adults with strong immune systems. It's believed this was the case because immune systems did some overkill when subjected to the avian flu and actually would target the Red Blood Cells as well as the virus itself. This caused the immune system to attack bodily organs and the stronger your immune system the worse the attack would be.

Being 22, this kinda doesn't sit well with me.... We need to contain this baby like we did with SARS (and I believe we will as long as we take it seriously).

Cayoo

[edit on 13-1-2006 by Cayoo]

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 01:02 PM
link   
interesting website. i am planning to find any related link to this bird-flu mess, and i am sure i will find a lot of them.
as for taking it seriously, i am not sure the governments do take it seriously, or at least they don't show it. only the "it's not critical yet". I really hope that we will contain it. I don't know how hard it is to do such a thing, but i would try anything i could. send the army and kill all the chook in town!

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Well, I did hear on the news of two teenagers dying from it.

TPL

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 03:45 PM
link   
In Turkey it seems that the very young are the most at risk.

new topics

top topics

join