It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NWO in Schools - Saying what we can eat!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 12:16 PM
link   
My School is planning a new system, and it entails that no one in the school can bring in any food that is deemed to be unhealthy cannot be brought into school, so like no crisps etc, if food is brought in, then it will be taken of us and we will be punished. Now personally i feel this is outrageous, they are telling us what to eat, if i wanted to eat healthy i would, i dont need anyone to tell me.

Can my school actually do this? And has anyone else got any other experiences about something like this.

Cheers
Conspirator

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 01:13 PM
link   
My school didn't allow us to take any food in.

Now they allow us to eat sweets. It's quite weird for my school, as it's quite conservative, being an all boys catholic school....

But apparently, teachers are agents of the state. Wouldn't surprise me.

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 01:20 PM
link   
School.
For feeding your brain.
Not your cravings.

Enjoy the healthy food...YOu willl think better, you willl look better, you will learn better..

You can eat as much junk as you like before, and after..!

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 01:22 PM
link   
TEchnically, I think it is NOT legal. BUT~ There are tons of loop holes, like vague wording such as, " Anything deemed unsafe for the child" This leaves a HUGE amount of 'interpertation.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
MY son;s school, Elementary. Makes ALL children that buy lunch from school, EAT ALL OF THE FOOD ON THEIR PLATES!!!! They can not take recess if they do not!!
This finally stopped last year, but YOU CAN SEE HOW THEY ARE TRYING TO CONTROL CHILDREN AND IMPLANT specific ideas and plans into these formative and 'open' children.
In 2 more school years, (OR LESS) he will begin homeschooling. I can't stand the controlling school systems. AND~ his school rates at the #1 in the state for educational and advancement!!!!!!
WHAT A JOKE....

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 01:22 PM
link   
It's the opposite for me, eat the crap at school and eat nicely at home.

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 01:32 PM
link   
The grammar in that post makes me wonder if you should be more concerned with the teachings and less concerned with the food they serve. I remember meal time in my high school. Nasty stuff. As soon as I was able to leave the grounds during the day, I found myself at the nearest deli.

I am glad, however, that the NWO has taken time out of their 400 year plan for world domination to implement a healthier menu at your school. Perhaps they feel it is necessary to ensure that the human race doesn't destroy itself with poor eating habits before the plan comes to fruition in the year 2261.

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Is Jamie Oliver the anti Christ then?
Lol.

I suppose it's the same story with the water fountains and flourine.
Maybe all the food contains mind control stuff.

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 01:39 PM
link   
The funny thing is no one has mentioned that the parent's of school aged children can join the PTO and vote on this stuff. The PTO can vote on these issue's and I would guess the PTO deemed this a good idea. Which it is, kids today don't eat healthy enough. Hell, I don't even eat healthy enough.

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Conspiratot_101 is in England though and we don't really have those kind of parent union things. The school is run a board of governors who are an elite select few...

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by mashup
Conspiratot_101 is in England though and we don't really have those kind of parent union things. The school is run a board of governors who are an elite select few...

in the US they have the PTA which has some pull and the town can impact the school board, thru elections and they can, therefore, elect the folks that will implement the programs they desire.

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 01:50 PM
link   
oh.. well ok nevermind what I said lol

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 01:52 PM
link   

in the US they have the PTA which has some pull and the town can impact the school board, thru elections and they can, therefore, elect the folks that will implement the programs they desire.

Fair enough, but Produkt said

The funny thing is no one has mentioned that the parent's of school aged children can join the PTO and vote on this stuff. The PTO can vote on these issue's

and in the UK there is no PTA or PTO. The parents have practially no say in how the school is run...not to my knowledge anyway.

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I have been to various PTA meetings, on various issues. I would like to think that it makes a difference, but in reality, NO.

I can attest to the fact that certain schools have SODA machines in them. The officials say it is to raise money for the PTA functions , etc. Why not a water machine? Or something like that?

Parents tried to remove the machine and school officials said that the children did NOT have access or permission to use it. That was not true I saw many students that purchased sodas from the machines.

I think the school systems are in dire need of restructuring.
Has anyone heard the recent reports on the steady decline fo the US school systems? We rate right down there with 3rd world countries.

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 02:18 PM
link   
20/20 this evening address the money waste in the public school system and the ways in which we are ruining our children's edumacation. They talk about a former public school official who took over at a private school and spends less than the public schools do, per child, and his results are far better.

abcnews.go.com...

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Think about it.

Two choices here, kids eat junk or healthy food.

Let us all spend a moment to think about this, let us all remember why these meals were introduced and think about it. So kids got at least one healthy meal a day.

I'm all four it, seeing the junk that people feed their kids.

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Nutrition should be taught in the home....it isn't the responsibility, nor the prerogative of the state.... utter nonsense if you ask me...and surely we've got more we can do for education with the money and effort put into this.....

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Anyone here a Pink Floyd song coming on?

Seriously though. I understand if they want to only SELL healthy food...but they shouldn't dictate what kind of food you bring. Hell, next they'll be telling you what kind of pen and paper to use (perhaps a new market will evolve). Don't give in to that crap. Tell your kid to tell whoever busts him for 'easting unhealthy' (like anything now-a-days is good for you
) to 'cram it.'

Well, maybe don't go that far, but still. If stuff like this keeps happening, the end will be much more violent the longer you wait. It's a kids business wether or not he wants to learn, and it sure is hell his decision what to eat (it's up to the parents to help him choose the right decisions, not the school to force them)

meh, who am I kidding. The world is doomed anyhow.

- ADM

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Odium

I'm all four it, seeing the junk that people feed their kids.

That's the whole point though. Sure we want kids eating healthier (I wish my parents taught me to eat healthier, but it's their business, not the school's), but do you want some group of 'leaders' you don't know and will probably never meet telling your kid what to do. And if he doesn't follow suit, his education is ruined? Just because he wanted some freakin' potatoe chips?

- ADM

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 03:12 PM
link   
allow me to give you another reason why the schools should provide meals with nutritional value and not junk.

lawsuits.

can you not see, in the lawsuit happy USA, the number of lawsuits claiming that the public school system made some fat family's kid fat?

this isn't like thhhhhhhat mickey d's suit where the fatty had the option to eat elsewhere. in this case, the school is providing the food. if it is not healthy, and a kid gets fat or, worse, winds up with an ailment that could have been avoided with a proper diet (diabetes?), the school systems will go broke fighting and settling lawsuits.

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Think about all the kids from homes where healthy food is never served and nutrition is not taught or even a priority for a moment. I think it's a good idea the schools serve healthy food because like others said you can eat whatever you want before and after school as well as on the weekends. now prohibiting people from bringing their own food that is deemed unhealthy seems a little extreme, but at the same time the school has to make rules. I don't exactly see what this has to do with the NWO though

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join