It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Antartica Murder Theory

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 08:14 PM
link   
There is some controversy about the death of worker at Antartica. This is still under investigation and has been classed as suspicious.

news.ninemsn.com.au
"The investigation into the suspicious death in Antartica is still ongoing and it would be inappropriate to comment," news Limited newspapers quoted an AFP spokesman as saying.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This is a real mystery. It may one day make a movie plot similar to "Brokeback Mountain". I hope the producers "keep it gay, keep it gay, keep it gay"!! Doubters please use google for a brain.

[edit on 12-1-2006 by musico]

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Is there any evidence anyone involved with this was gay? Not sure where you are going with this, and this submission is way below par as far as the published ATSNN guidelines are concerned.

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 11:21 PM
link   
HELLO!!! please spend about five minutes googling and you will find out very quickly about the gay scene at the Antartica. Sheesh!! you don't have to be Sherlock Holmes to wake up to this one. I think I can sense a conspiracy here djohnsto77: way below par??? You have got to be kidding me.

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Hmm...didn't know antartica [sic] was such a gay "hot" spot...

I'm not saying that it's necessarily a bad story, but I think you need to beef up your intro paragraph (it should be at least three sentences) and if you're going to say these people were gay, you should probably include a news source that backs that up in some way.

More info on the required ATSNN format:

TO ALL MEMBERS SUBMITTING NEWS

[edit on 1/12/2006 by djohnsto77]

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Hmm. dj is being very polite here IMO.

Musico - News stories generally include the information relevant to the topic. The analysis usually refers to the information presented either in the cited article, or backed up by other links posted later. This story is seriously short on facts and info.

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 12:20 AM
link   
For those who might be interested, a google search turns up some interesting material. First of all are the reports that the death is not being treated as suspicious.

www.smh.com.au...

www.themercury.news.com.au...

The second is a very interesting account of life at the Davis site.

www-old.aad.gov.au...

In which can be found this paragraph:

Although midwinter was certainly the biggest highlight of the month, we continued to brighten our lives with other social events. Films are screened by our projectionist Mark Healy twice a week, and on Mondays we watch "ABC-TV" serials and documentaries. Saturday night dinners are always special affairs, and themes in June included a pub meal night, a gay mardi gras [sic], and a traditional Aussie backyard barbecue (indoors!). June 29th was Red Nose Day, to raise awareness of sudden infant death syndrome, so at Mark Tell's instigation we all put on red noses. Photographs were sent back to Australia to further this good cause.
[emphasis mine]

Google Search

Unless the submitter knows more about Peter Orbansen than he is letting on, it would seem that his allusions to homosexual activity at the Davis site are pretty far-fetched.

Well, on second thought, maybe not.

[edit on 2006/1/13 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Well I think the death certainly could well be suspicious. He was listed in Gradys link as being in the Antarctic on Davis in 2001. So it certainly isn't new to him, and I'd say if he was going to commit suicide he would have done it well beforehand.

I don' t know about the gay angle. I'd say there is more than likely some gay crew there given the law of averages but i do not think it would be gay specific.

The only other curious thing about the area and at the same time is the Australian Government's decision to move the base on Macquarie Island, to Heard Island as the focus switches to the impact on climate change to the Antarctic. This has been in the news all week as the team itself is rather peeved at the decision.

But i don't see any obvious or even not so obvious ties between the two events other than the banner of "weird and unusual activity in the antarctic".

I for one will be keeping a lookout for more news but until then, its a wait and see what the police investigation brings, which will be more than likely suicide even if it wasn't. And blaming suicide on a lovers quarrel gay or straight is the oldest trick known to conspiracy employees and management throughout time.

The submission needs to be fixed, to fit the ATSNN guidelines. Three to Four para intro summing up the article in a non bias way, then your take and comment under the news link.

[edit on 13-1-2006 by Mayet]

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by musico
There is some controversy about the death of worker at Antartica. This is still under investigation and has been classed as suspicious. There is more than ample evidence to show that most of the crew down there are a really macho/butch type of gay of a distinct type. Aggressive, surly and odd. Forget about aliens and nazis,well maybe not the nazis, forget about aliens or quasi-scientific hocus pocus and start thinking about a bunch of macho gays who contadict the stereotype of the dedicated borkeback mountain men. These are just men mountain men PERIOD.(ouch). They all seem to walk with a really sore limp.

news.ninemsn.com.au
"The investigation into the suspicious death in Antartica is still ongoing and it would be inappropriate to comment," news Limited newspapers quoted an AFP spokesman as saying.

This is a real mystery. It may one day make a movie plot similar to "Brokeback Mountain". I hope the producers "keep it gay, keep it gay, keep it gay"!! Doubters please use google for a brain.

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by musico
There is some controversy about the death of worker at Antartica. This is still under investigation and has been classed as suspicious. There is more than ample evidence to show that most of the crew down there are a really macho/butch type of gay of a distinct type. Aggressive, surly and odd. Forget about aliens and nazis,well maybe not the nazis, forget about aliens or quasi-scientific hocus pocus and start thinking about a bunch of macho gays who contadict the stereotype of the dedicated brokeback mountain men. These are just men mountain men PERIOD.(ouch). They all seem to walk with a really sore limp.

news.ninemsn.com.au

top topics

join