It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Diving for Nessie

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Story Here

A former leucemia victim who hit headlines by taking part in several above-ground marathon races clad in a heavy diving suit has taken his charity quest to the bottom of Loch Ness, with hopes for an encounter with the lake's most famous denizen.

This could be really cool. I hope the guy takes a lot of really good underwater equipment for video, audio and still pics. This would be a pretty good way to get a nice up close view of the Nessie if she really exists.

Good Luck dude.

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I support the effort and honestly do hope some evidence to Nessie results. However, from what I recall from other Nessie Searches is that the Loch has near 0 visibility. The murky water is what has made photos and other video captures so difficult in the past.

But I wish him luck anyway.

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I hope he finds something however as mOjOm said the lock has very low visibility and is pretty big. The chances of him seeing anything are pretty low but I do hope that he does get lucky and get some evidence.

I wish him good luck.

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 03:45 PM
link   
He did it, but did not find Nessie I am afraid...

Lloyd Scott emerged from murky Loch Ness in the Highlands this morning after walking 26 miles wearing a 180lb antique diving suit.
The 41-year-old, from Rainham in Essex, said the 12-day trip through water that was just 37F had been gruelling and he was happy it was over but that it had been worth it.

www.eveningtimes.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 04:10 PM
link   
As big a bummer as it is, glad he found it worth it. But also, as he say, it was murky with visibility sometimes being NIL, there could still be something out there.

I expected this in the beginning anyways, but the idea was definitely a fun idea.

By the way, thanks for the update WOS, I had not seen anything yet.

[Edited on 9-10-2003 by ImAlreadyPsycho]

posted on Oct, 17 2003 @ 12:28 PM
link   
My cousin lives and works her farm very close to the Loch in Scotland and she has sworn that she saw something years ago like 20+years ago and it scared the crap out of her and the horse she was on and its one of those "Shut up ROGUE she doesnt want to talk about it " family things.

But she reckons that NESSIE is long dead but was there.

I have also heard that there have been heavy traces of Salt Water in the Loch suggesting that there may be a connection to the open sea,as the amount of fish life in the Loch would not be sufficient to support the likes of a Plesiasaur or similar sized beast so if it was just a lake the possibilites of a NESSIE ever existing would be 0%.
So if ther is a conection that would explain the food source thing.

Also the other major problem with the Loch is the bottom is almost entirely made of PEAT so shifts and settles and layers its self....leaving a very difficult surface to accurately depth sound.

Just some bits 'o' info,for ya laddies and lasses..

posted on Oct, 17 2003 @ 11:57 PM
link   
hm, did he surface at all? or did he stay underwater the entire time? The Loch has always intrigued me. However, I still think Loch Ness is just some giant otter or maybe even giant catfish (dunno if they live there...)?

posted on Oct, 18 2003 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I really hope that they find some proof of a monster.

top topics

join