It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Found Strange Objects On The Moon! (3D Recreation Inside)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 07:23 AM
link   
I went out this morning @ 5 am with my telescope to do some moon observing. I used my 12.5mm lens for a while and I noticed something on the lower right side of the moon. I put in my 4mm lens to get a closer look, and I saw 2 things that I've never seen on the moon before.

1) There seemed to be a backwards "3", or perhaps an "8" peeking out from the lower right side of the moon.

2) Below that there was an object that was casting a long shadow on the moon.

I do not have any equipment to take pictures of the moon, so I made a recreation of what I saw. Please excuse the ugly texturing, and just use the model for what it's meant to be: a recreation of what I saw.

Please, I ask anyone with a telescope to view the moon tonight and observe the lower right hand side. Let me know if you see it too. I have looked at the moon many, many times with my telescope, and I have never seen this before.

[edit on 1/12/2006 by idbltrl001]

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Wow! This is kinda weird. Are there any observatory pics routinely taken of the moon (lunar-cam or the like) we can check? This is really, really weird.

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I've always heard that suspicious pictures are airbrushed/edited before they reach the public. I will be taking my telescope out tonight, and I encourage everyone else to do the same. I hope it's not another cloudy winter night like it has been for about 2 weeks. Last night was the second night in 2 weeks that the moon was even visible! These objects are best visible with a 4mm at least.

It gave me a really cool feeling when I saw it, though. I observed it for about 20 minutes.

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 08:12 AM
link   
very stange indeed. I have been reading a lot about objets on the moon as in ufos hangers on so on. Can anyone explain this?

[edit on 12-1-2006 by Stevy]

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 08:20 AM
link   
idbltrl001... can you post an enlargement of that quadrant so we can get better detail?

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 08:25 AM
link   
What good would that do? It's not a real picture, it's a fake picture to give people the idea of what I saw. It's an estimation of the position and size of where it was on the moon.

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I don't know if this is of any help. I found a photo of the moon taken on the 11th. What with people being in different time zones though, I don't know if the time that the photo was taken is close to when you were looking through your telescope .
www.flickr.com...@N00/

looking at the bottom of the image ( I am right in thinking that the moon appears rotated depending on where you are? ), it looks like your backward 3 or 8 is present there as part of the landscape, although this doesn't explain the other object in your recreation.

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I really don't see the backwards three in that photo...

The only thing I see are craters.

It could have just been a trick of the eyes, and the paint-changed picture is just a little too "overdone" on what was seen.

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Pantha -

I am not seeing anything in that picture that comes close to what I saw this morning.

Yarium -

What I've drawn on the 3D render is a representation of what I really saw. Of course it's not accurate, but the overall look is what I was trying to convey. It's a rough drawing of what I saw. I wish I had someone else with me.

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by idbltrl001
Pantha -

I am not seeing anything in that picture that comes close to what I saw this morning.

ok, it was worth a try, I know it's sometimes hard to try and get an image across from your own eyes onto a diagram to get people to understand exactly how it was
Just to clarify what I meant, here is the image I linked to. I've rotated and marked it to show the part that I thought looked like what you described.

I wondered if it was a trick of the light that made craters appear to be the shadow of something above the surface.
Hope you get a nice clear night tonight to get another look and see if anything has changed.

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Well, given that the area was more filled with shadows on that particular night, it seems then we've found our culprit.

Still, if you look again idbtrl001 and you see it, try to photograph it and we'll gladly dissect it. If you don't see it, then we can deduce that it was infact only a trick of the light.

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 10:02 AM
link   
HI, Interesting Pic. Not sure what the backwards 3 thing is, but the object below it:"w/ shadow casting" wouldn't cast a shadow in that direction if it was an object at that point. (the sun is shining straight at the moon in this picture so the shadow would be round on the dark side)

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 10:47 AM
link   
The human eye has an unusual ability to make shapes of surfaces especially with objects at great distance. It's just the way our brains work.
It either works for us or against us. I use it in abstract creation in my work.

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 11:18 AM
link   
idbltrl001-I would be interested in knowing where you're at as that may have some pertinence to your view. I live in Central Florida on the left coast and I regularly get out my scope when the moon is full as that offers the best viewing. The only weird thing I've seen is the radar return placed by NASA. The first time I saw it I thought it was an optical illusion but after a little research I found out it wasn't aliens signalling me.

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I am in Madison, WI.

"If you don't see it, then we can deduce that it was infact only a trick of the light."

Or, perhaps something that was there and then was moved.

BTW, I have no way to take an up close picture of the moon. I've heard of 35mm camera adapters for telescopes, but then you wouldn't be able to focus, or even aim properly. I wish I had some way to take pictures.

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 10:00 PM
link   
You don't think that that backward 3 is a piece of trash on the lens do you? It would have to be at least 100 miles long.

And the little shadow. If your rendition is correct to what you saw, the shadow is being cast towards the sun instead of away.

I suggest you to clean your mirrows and lens.

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Hopefully he takes good care of his instrument. I myself make sure the caps are on at all times when I'm not using it an when I go outside I have special wipes so I get the best view I can. Do you see a face on Mars? I don't. You have to discard your preconcieved notions and just take in the universe for what it is. Spectacular. Brilliant!

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Did you end up checking it out the next night? I'm kinda peturbed. I got my telescope out of the deep dusty dark corners of my attic, and set it up, and then realized that I left the eye lenses up there, and there was no way I was going back up there after I closed and locked it back up. I'll have to check it out tonight.

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 11:59 PM
link   
C'mon, make it realistic, i can draw that things on the picture of a moon using a paint.

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fredng
C'mon, make it realistic, i can draw that things on the picture of a moon using a paint.

Godamnit, do you not read? It is a RENDER, IT IS A RECREATION OF WHAT HE SAW.

<<   2 >>

join