It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have a theory

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I know this has probably been said but Aliens and "UFO's" MUST exist. We live in one galaxy in the whole universe...there are millions of other galaxies out there...how is it POSSIBLE that we are the only intelligent life??

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 02:38 PM
link   
because jesus said so?

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 03:04 PM
link   
The whole "billions and billions" theory.

OK life may exist
What qualifies for life?
Significant chance life would be present in humanlike proportions?

Galaxies Billions and Billions years old
Life span of any civilization that would run parallel to our existance?
Chances that civilization would figure Light travel durring our existance?
Chances that said civilzation would travel Light years to remain hidden?

With those numbers, the word Must hardly applies. If it does apply then we Must have veryfiable proof. And we don't.

[edit on 11-1-2006 by nullster]

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I know what your saying. I allso think that there should be other life out there, there must be. But i dont think there on earth yet i think in the future we will find them when we learn intersteller travel.

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Its not the same "aliens exist somewhere in the universe" or "aliens exist and are on earth right now" or "aliens exist and they have been abducting people for no apparent reason for 50years".
I think there is life in the universe besides us, intelligent or not but the possibilities of encounter are very very very few.

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 05:28 PM
link   
The universe is a big place. Sure, we probably aren't the ONLY ones out there, but the chances of contact are slim. Hell, we can't even send people to Mars, let alone to other worlds in the galaxy.

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 05:47 PM
link   
even if there are intelligent beings, communications would have to travel lightyears, now how would that make for a good game of phone tag?

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Life exists somewhere else - probably.

In our life time we will contact them - not so likely.

Humans will contact them - depends on next three years of Bush's reign...

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I wonder if extra-terrestrials sit around discussing wether we exist....?

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 03:05 AM
link   
My guess is there are countless planets out there with intelligent life. What makes Earth so special?

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 07:30 AM
link   
We'd know what made Earth special when we know how were unique in relativity.

They might hide from our existence, because...

A: They've come into contact with several other civilizations already, and have been, done, and did that enuff, they're trying something new.
B: Where a civilization that has never made contact yet, so we're like a virgin forest, or a rare spectacle of purity, immaturity, they'd like to admire.
C: Observatory angles couldn't be reversed after the fact.
D: They very well know we'll flip and freak, or they made a deal with shadow govs for the same concern.

I suppose the list could go on forever...

I do agree that the odds are very slim, there are components that life needs, like a sun at a certain distance's and so on. If I may request, lets deal with the evidence at hand. This post sounds like were going back to first base...

It very well would only need one life form which could date back for billions to come up with the tech. for space travel. Than it could freely spread to which ever other life form it docks with, like a virus. So this could mean hundreds could have the means aswell. Were supposed to be dealing with more than one space species anyways. Mayby none of them consider us intelligent enuff to even bother with... leaving us in the dog house.

Regardless, we could all brainstorm forever, I'm sure. But it seems to be happening from enuff sources, so lets just accept that it has...

Also I'd refrain from using our civilization as an example, where clearly not using oursleves to anything near are potential. Most of the population, if not all in comparison to those actually thinking in anyway intelligently for the progress of the human race, are struggleing for survival or plainly, satisfying their sense's. As this alien race (Greys) for instance doesn't seem to be emotional, just think of oursleves if we all got over the everyday bull and not having lost connection with anything truly spriritual. Like the fascination for the unknown and not excepted the false, cold extremeties we've all pumped into each other that we try to escape from by anymeans unecessary. To sum it up, we're like a huge conscious, subconscious collective and powerfull machine, that use's 1% of it's parts. We've created a monster, that just wants cookies and lost track of any deeper purpose to go beyond oursleves. All our money goes to things that don't heed any real development, but push's gears backwards, trying to stall whatever stability we cling too like the world will pop if it falters. WE don't trust each other, and horde away knowledge from each other like it's a peice of property to fence in and build empires off of. AKA Illuminati pyramids. If we all just focused on improvement for the human evolution in all aspects of work and unity, I wouldn't rule out fluent space travel amidst our own galaxy, in the next few hundred or so years.

Lastly, we still havn't ruled out the idea that these encounters arn't rooted in our galaxy or solar system, it is still possible. I have doughts on this thought although.

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 09:24 AM
link   
That theory is not new to anyone. =P I've known that for quite a while...

If you think about it, the universe could be infinite, so no matter how low a chance there is of there being life out there...theres gotta be something.

[edit on 12-1-2006 by Kacen]

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Exactly. We haven't even seen the end of the universe, if it even exists. There are BILLIONS of stars out there. BILLIONS, yet people think that there couldn't possibly be one with a planet capable of supporting life? The odds are not slim at all. They are VERY HIGHLY possible, or MOST LIKELY. There could be hundreds, if not thousands of planets capable of supporting life on them in our galaxy alone. They may not all have intelligent life, but I'm sure that a good amount would.

Think of it this way. Could most humans back in 100 AD possibly even fathom the technology we have today? If I spoke with somebody back then about a cell phone, they would laugh at me, and call me a lunatic. And that's only 1900 years ago. Look what we have today. Imagine a society that's 2000 years older than ours, or even 5000-10000 years. The technology would be uncomparable. Most people today wouldn't understand it at all, and laugh at the possibility of light speed travel, and gravity defying vehicals, much like people of the past would laugh at electricity, TV, computers, and even automobiles.

With all this said, to be it is pretty damn clear that ETs have mostl likely visited this planet. Maybe they established contact with the government but not publicly. Either that or they saw how ignorant people are, fighting over who's version of god is correct, and left thinking.. "Ehhh.. Lets give them another 1000 years. Stupid monkeys!"

Could you imagine the mass histeria that would happen if it were known that aliens visit our planet? A lot of religions would have to rewrite/revise scriptures and would lose credibility. Nobody would see the world the same.. well besides our friends here at ATS.

[edit on 12-1-2006 by Barcs]

top topics

join