It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should Saddam Hussein be executed?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
devilwasp, the hornets nest was already disturbed, pissed off, and/or aggravated when the US invaded Iraq, Saddam was removed from power, and US/Western troops are still in Afghanistan.

And this changes things?

How much more would the hornets nest be stirred up over the death of Saddam?

Well A) the media can spin it to say we're executing civilians and calling ourselves world judges.
B) the Insurgents can spin the above to ANYTHING that suits them and it would boost recruitment and morale.

Not much at all in my opinion. The death of Saddam will only add one more thing to the long laundry list of excuses already being used by antiwar proponents and Islamic fundamentalists and jihadists.

The damage is already done.

seekerof

The dammage has just started, tell me how long before the dammage WILL be done?
The iraqi people are pissed, but they are in no way enraged at the moment.

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
Think about it delta, you kill thier hero it will simply create anger, hate and awe at the fact that the person stood his ground against "the massive warmachine!" , better to remove the head than the arms yes no?

And keeping Osama alive and in prison would probably just makes it worse. Better to kill him and face the consequences where people may die for Osama even though it aint gonna bring him back alive. After all the British, especially the SAS prefer to take no prisoners because keeping one alive would invite attacks or hostage taking in Britain to demand his or her release. Nothing happened after those Iranians decided to take hostages and were killed later on after the raid by SAS in 1980. If and when Osama dies by his enemy's hand, his followers will get mad and may commit many attacks, but that really don't conclude to anything and they were going commit attacks sooner or later. Better to have themselves revealed early then they should have planned.

"Rouse him, and learn the principle of his activity or inactivity. Force him to reveal himself, so as to find out his vulnerable spots."-Sun Tzu.

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
Well A) the media can spin it to say we're executing civilians and calling ourselves world judges.

Hold up here, devilwasp.
The West is not trying Saddam, Iraq is.
Furthering this thought process, if Saddam is put to death, the West will not be putting Saddam to death, but Islamic law determined, issued, and implemented by the Iraqis will be putting Saddam to death. Moreover, the decision to put Saddam to death will be determined by all three Iraqi sects: the Sunni, the Shi'ites, and the Kurds.

B) the Insurgents can spin the above to ANYTHING that suits them and it would boost recruitment and morale.

In relation to what I mentioned above, recruitment and the insurgency will only benefit in very small numbers. Again, because the decision to put Saddam to death was based on Islamic law, not Western law, thus the death of Saddam becomes legitimized/legitimate, thus no martyrdom.

The dammage has just started, tell me how long before the dammage WILL be done?
The iraqi people are pissed, but they are in no way enraged at the moment.

And?

seekerof

[edit on 11-1-2006 by Seekerof]

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Furthering this thought process, if Saddam is put to death, the West will not be putting Saddam to death, but Islamic law determined, issued, and implemented by the Iraqis will be putting Saddam to death. Moreover, the decision to put Saddam to death will be determined by all three Iraqi sects: the Sunni, the Shi'ites, and the Kurds.

That is a good point, however Saddam’s followers -and those from many countries who were against his removal from power- are not going to forget who threw him to the wolves. The Americans, and those who followed, were responsible for Saddam’s capture and trial and I’m sure will have a lot to do with the outcome of the trial; even if they don’t, many will suggest that they did.

Although the Iraqis are going to be responsible for punishing him, this is just the final part of a game-plan implemented by the US and their allies. Most can see that the world will be a better place without him; however those that don’t will hold the US, above any other country, responsible.

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Well if we are going to kill people for "dirt on their hands" lets go exucute the following people:
Nixon
Bush (over 100,000 Iraqi's killed despite what the pentagon says)
all those nazi's you brought to america
Saudi Arabian royal family
Kuwaiti royal family
the current leader in Columbia for allowing the paramilitaries to butcher the populace
the list goes on. If your going to execute people take them all out not selectively and also look at your own leaders.

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vekar
Well if we are going to kill people for "dirt on their hands" lets go exucute the following people:
Nixon

I think this might be a hard one, unless you have a channeller around.

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Hold up here, devilwasp.

Does this matter to the media?

Thing is , do you really think that the media will play it out like that?
I seriosly doubt it.

In relation to what I mentioned above, recruitment and the insurgency will only benefit in very small numbers. Again, because the decision to put Saddam to death was based on Islamic law, not Western law, thus the death of Saddam becomes legitimized/legitimate, thus no martyrdom.

There has been many incidents the resistance has broken islamic law and managed to recruit heavily by breaking it, simply because its islamic law means nothing.
WHAT the act is matters, not what it is against.

And?
[edit on 11-1-2006 by Seekerof]

I am simply correcting you , iraq is in now way "pissed" yet, so to think they are is simply ignorant.

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Seekerof
Furthering this thought process, if Saddam is put to death, the West will not be putting Saddam to death, but Islamic law determined, issued, and implemented by the Iraqis will be putting Saddam to death.

This is FALSE.

The Iraqi Special Tribunal that is trying Saddam was created by the Occupational Puppet IGC as instructed by the occupational Viceroy Paul Bremer in Order 48

The source authority is not the Iraqi people, nor does it employ Islamic law.

Saddam had immunity under Iraqi law before RETROACTIVE LAWS were imposed by hostile invaders.

One question you must ask yourself is why did Bremer demand a provision allowing Foreign Judges to be appointed to the court if there was no intent to use it?

COALITION PROVSIONAL AUTHORITY ORDER NUMBER 48
DELEGATION OF AUTHORITY REGARDING an
IRAQI SPECIAL TRIBUNAL
PART THREE
The Trial Chambers and the Appeals Chamber
Article 4.
d) The Governing Council or the Successor Government, if it deems necessary, can appoint non-
Iraqi judges
who have experience in the crimes encompassed in this statute, and who shall be
persons of high moral character, impartiality and integrity.

Saddam is being tried under laws imposed by occupiers in a court created by occupiers, and his judges are most likely occupiers.

Do some research on the court, and its illegitimate foundations before you dig yourself in any deeper.

America is the one responsible for Saddams fate.

Nothing any Iraqi [other than the appointed puppets] did allowed Saddam to be tried in Iraq, and nothing they do now or in the furture can stop it short of overthrowing their government, shutting down the court, and sending the foreign judges home.

Democracy on a stick.

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I don't think that anyone doubts that however Saddam is punished, it will just so happen to coincide with the best outcome for the Americans & their allies. I'm not saying they will have anything to do with the outcome, but if you read between the lines I'm not saying they won't either.

Wait a minute… that last line was about as subtle as Tony Blair’s secret crush on America! Disregard it.

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
And keeping Osama alive and in prison would probably just makes it worse.

How better than to insult the terrorists than saying "Your leader and "best" fighter was captured by us, you dont think we can do the same to you"?

Better to kill him and face the consequences where people may die for Osama even though it aint gonna bring him back alive. After all the British, especially the SAS prefer to take no prisoners because keeping one alive would invite attacks or hostage taking in Britain to demand his or her release.

The SAS storming an embassy and taking no prisnors is one version, besides the SAS have thier own agenda...

Nothing happened after those Iranians decided to take hostages and were killed later on after the raid by SAS in 1980.

7/7?
7/21?

If and when Osama dies by his enemy's hand, his followers will get mad and may commit many attacks, but that really don't conclude to anything and they were going commit attacks sooner or later. Better to have themselves revealed early then they should have planned.

"Rouse him, and learn the principle of his activity or inactivity. Force him to reveal himself, so as to find out his vulnerable spots."-Sun Tzu.

Ah that may be true but is it not better to win the enemy by means of physcological warfare as Sun Tzu teaches us (His book is great) ,

To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
-Sun Tzu, the Art of War

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 07:37 AM
link   
i say give him 2 iraqi people throw him in public they wil make spaghetti out him.I think the mothers will do the most.cuase of the children they killed the husbands he murederd the women that were raped . i red once that a iraqi woman 50 years sed if she gets saddam in her hands she will drink his blood . i wasnt suprised at all.GO GO GRANNY

[edit on 14-1-2006 by BaCk2thereallife]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join