It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is righteousness and sons of God.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Hello there,

hasn't anybody been wondering what in fact righteousness is and who applys it?

I'm mean, when is one claimed to be righteous, when is on a Son of God?

What does one have to do to be righteous?

Isn't righteousness just a way of life, or better the just way of life?

And when being righteousness, isn't it not bad to claim them Sons of God, or them just being Sons of God?

What does a righteous man do? In the bible there might be lots of information about that, or much must be spoken of it.

With keys or fruits of righteousness being joy, peace, love, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness and temperance.

All these beared by a righteous follower, a wise man.

What is your point in righteousness, how do you apply, or what do you think about the subject? What is your opinion on it, do you have some input?

in awaiting of your replys,

Alienaddicted

[edit on 11-1-2006 by alienaddicted]

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by alienaddicted
What does one have to do to be righteous?

Two quotes from Einstein seem to explain with efficiency:

• A person starts to live when he can live outside himself.
  • Everyone should be respected as an individual, but no one idolized.

Isn't righteousness just a way of life, or better the just way of life?

The just way of life, definitely.

What does a righteous man do? In the bible there might be lots of information about that, or much must be spoken of it.

A righteous man does not play favorites, judge a book by its cover, or make decisions based on appearance, emotion, or profit.

With keys or fruits of righteousness being joy, peace, love, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness and temperance.

Technically, according to Paul, those are the fruits of the Spirit--and righteousness is probably better described as the cumulative manifestion of these fruits...
Because these things can only occur outside of the emotional prison of the mortal condition...

And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.
If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.
~Galatians 5:24-26

When it says 'affections,' it doesn't mean love and affection--it means 'attachments' as in emotional attachment to material comforts (and mental delusion); which is basically 'suffering.'

The word is pathema:
something undergone, that is, hardship or pain; subjectively an emotion or influence: - affection, affliction, motion, suffering.

Peter writes:

Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh,
arm yourselves likewise with the same mind:
for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin;
~1 Peter 4:1

It is a long and ardous road to righteousness--but what other road is there, really? Besides a dead end?

What is your point in righteousness, how do you apply, or what do you think about the subject? What is your opinion on it, do you have some input?

My main opinion is basically, I don't think this word is given enough thought...

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Thank you for your reply queen,

nice Einstein-quotes

quote: What does a righteous man do? In the bible there might be lots of information about that, or much must be spoken of it.

A righteous man does not play favorites, judge a book by its cover, or make decisions based on appearance, emotion, or profit.

- I guess you are very.... righteous on that one _!

quote: With keys or fruits of righteousness being joy, peace, love, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness and temperance.

Technically, according to Paul, those are the fruits of the Spirit--and righteousness is probably better described as the cumulative manifestion of these fruits...
Because these things can only occur outside of the emotional prison of the mortal condition...

- So it must be, a righteous person found the Spirit? So one who bears these fruits, is one of the spirit. One of God? A son of God? Nice thing to went further on Queenannie, thank you!

..and with your third claim, do you mean then, one is enlightened? like, enlightened with the spirit, like the spirit that cameth into him, and untroubled his heart and mind, to see, what is, righteous, to be, that wich is righteousness.

Thank you Annie.

[edit on 11-1-2006 by alienaddicted]

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 02:07 PM
link   
So who decides who gets the 'righteous' badge? We all see different things in different people, who you decide righteous I might deem evil.

G

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I don't think it's like a badge you get, it might be that when the spirit enters one and makes one bear his fruits, he get's noticed as righteous, also one has to practice righteousness, don't ask me how it is attained, probably by focusing on the spirit. Or by letting the spirit completely filling thyself, and relieving you of stress and unwanted feelings. By making him completely without judgement. By letting him speak His words. Some might shy away, some might envy, some might show understanding and appreciation. As to the latter also being righteous+ don't you think?.

With a right look on people, and noticing what he speaks, how he attracts, and what he takes up in himself, one is about to know what righteousness is. I do think that without being righteous yourself, you aren't able to see righteousness the way it is., but one might see another way of life in that person.

that's about it.

AA

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Still, righteousness has to prevail on this earth. Convert, study, they hate us, but still, when all righteous, this world would be one heck of a phylosophical scientific world with nothing less than God.

Utopia if you ask me, not unnatainable, but with lots of progress right now.
No back stabbing, all seen, nothing left to hide, all truth, it is coming, demons will be crushed, saints will move on. Only His word will be spoken, nothing less than truth be heard. Wouldn't this be an euphoric planet to be on.

Still, some speak, about races from other planets. If existing, what would God's judgement be on them? Are they too righteous? Do they have morals, what is their guidance? Demonic plagues, or angelic creatures?

Who knows, disinformation spread about this? Them being angry and hostile? They suppose to have high technology, which we.. borrowed?
Who's to say?

If their technology is shared for mind-control and space-weapons, what would be the point, then again, not so righteous to me it seems.

Does a righteous man need a weapon? Why should he, as he has the sword of the spirit? Does a righteous man need to steal, why should he, when he bears fruits and God shows him the way. Does one righteous needs to envy? Why should he when he has the Spirit which shares him all knowledge? What does a righteous one need to be, when he just is, for he is all, everknowing, ever receiving, living allready an eternal life, but then again, not his body, or would it? Would we have the possibility to live on for ages?? The bible quotes abraham like getting 800 years old? How would we sustain such a long life? If He shows us the way, and our way walketh that far, what would there be for a problem?

Righteousness, the key, the solution?? A solution to disaster? To failiar?

One who is righteous does not have to fear, but still has to move on his way. For no thought to be misplaced, for no footstep to be mistaken, but still, when errored, be pulled on his track with faith and glory, by his belt of truth and his breastplate of faith and love.

And may his shield wear out demons, and false ones, wicked ones, and ignorant deaf-ones, or be converted for them to hear. That he may show his light for the blind ones to see. Or his voice be heard, for those who ignore. To pull on track the ones who are lost. For them to believe, He truly exists. For His son to come down, to show us THE WAY. The just way of life.

Soon all will be spoken too, all will be judged, accept thy flaws, convert, and be true. Bag and ashes, periods of punishment, to convert, to be true.

Only He punishes righteous, if that may be named a punishment, it's just a opening of your eyes, to what you have not seen, thy shall need to accept thy blindness, thy deafness, thy ignorance, and move on, untill thy walketh the highest mountains, after roaming through the darkest valleys.

The light shines bright over the hills, move on, do not look back, keep thy focused on the light. But not be blinded by it, take steps, study, pray! (thx Saint4God) Compare, study, move on.

Blessed be thee.

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 07:53 PM
link   
This is just your opinion of what righteousness should be.
I on the other hand would find a person more righteous if they lived their life according to there own moral judgement (as long as they weren't deranged or antisocial) than someone who lived their life according to some outdated book of 'laws' and ethics. Dont get me wrong some of the lessons in the bible are worth it but to live you life by it. Well no, as long as you dont break the biggies for your own gratification i.e no killing, stealing etc. It says dont kill but if its a case of kill or be killed then kill it is (self preservation) or if stealing to feed your starving family then steal away.
There's are right place for everything and you all know you would if circumstance put you there.

G

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by shihulud
So who decides who gets the 'righteous' badge?
If there were such a thing, no doubt it would be refused every time it was offered to a 'deserving' party.

We all see different things in different people, who you decide righteous I might deem evil.

Ah-ha! That's it, exactly! A righteous soul doesn't see 'different things in different people' in that fashion--the individual is valued and not judged because of their unique shortcomings and/or the unresolved pain/hurt/anger that are the root of human frailties (of all flavors).

Also, that one, who is truly righteous, 'sees past evil' as well as 'brightly colored candy coatings', and so would not make any sort of decision to determine who is evil and who might be righteous based upon opinions and affections.

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 11:31 PM
link   
well, shihulud,

this might just be my opinion, offcourse I entered some biblical information, for I have gotten some of there. Still, I began this thread for opening my thinking about it, and the replys gave me some food. Then again, I'm not surpressing my vision on it, but might sound like I do, or not? hmm

Then again, I like to admit my flaws, this discussion board is a nice place to do that I thinketh hm I just like that ..old tongue. Or might be wise tongue.

Still, every day, by doing posts, and reading replyz, I transform, then interacting with humans give me all the time different comments, it's not that something like this can be discussed in my surroundings but within myself, but by doing this in myself and posting what comes up, decent replyz are given to me. I like that. There is no ending at my learning phase, so it seems, and it would be great like I can move on with this all my life.

I love you all for your comments, and show me when I'm wrong please, or correct me when I can do better. Laugh and ridicule me when I flawed.

I need human interactions. For three times have I been labeled The Hermit in a Tarot spread. Still people do not like me that much, and my way of living, I do not need much, but still, I have to make sure I do not abuse my fellow humans. Which lately might have been this way, but they musn't not forget I've done a similar deed in the past, which they might have repaid now, but still, I have to move on.

I am gratefull to read your own comments and visions, it only expands my thinking. These things cannot be paid for. You know that.

It's also a way of leaving my frustration, and maybe enlighten it!

with the kindest regards,

David

new topics

top topics

join