It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"They Planed this all along!"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Well this morning in the Greater New Orleans area news paper the "Times Picayune" the front page article is titles "4 Months to Decide". "Nagin panel says hardest hit areas must prove viability; city's fotprint may shrink; full buyouts proposed for thoes who are forced to move."

What this article is about is the areas that were totally devistated by the flooding after hurricane katrinia. Much like what was h eard on the news such as the 9th ward district 7 district 8 etc....

The areas must be reviewed to see if they will rebuild or evict and destroy the areas forcing people to move to higher ground.

I make this post because no doubt there is goignto be an uprising in people saying "They planed this all along!" when these areas are revied and denied the ability to rebuild.

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Mizar, I don't really have anything to say toward the theory "this was planned all along", you may or may not be right. But I would like to offer an alternative view on this.

The Lower 9th Ward and surrounding areas that were basically wiped off the map are low-income folks who most likely had no insurance whatsoever. That they may be about to have some type of reasonable offer made to start their lives over (allbeit in another area), may be a God-send. What remains to be seen is how fair these buy-out offers will be. Are we talking fair market values BEFORE the area was decimated? If so, the occupants are about to have a second chance.

Second to that, I'm not sure what the alternatives are concerning the 9th ward. Seriously, can they build the entire area up to a non-flood level? What would be the investment to get that done?

It's a very tough situation with very tough decisions and I'm very glad I have the job I have - which in no way includes making life-altering decisions for masses of other people.

One more thing to be grateful for.

[edit on 1-11-2006 by Valhall]

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 06:59 AM
link   
I feel the need to add that there are unsubstantiated rumors that the US Gov plans to use the New Orleans area for another major military base. This may have been orchestrated a long time prior to Hurricane Katrina. Perhaps many years ago.

If you know anything about Nicola Tesla and Scalar Energy, you will know that this could be entirely possible and will understand the power and evil of those in government and behind the government today.

Regards

Dobbie

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Oh no I believe that it is just the luck of the draw. I do not at all believe that the destruction of the poorest areas of my fine city was planed. I was just saying that be ready some doofballs are going to start screaming soon about it becasue of this. Ha no I dont think that anything was planed.

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 04:36 PM
link   
It's about time they built more parking lots in NOLA.
Just kidding. It's a shame that these people are still displaced. I do agree that it was a godsend for a lot of folks that lived there. Of course, with the level of ignorance in low-income slums, it wouldn't surprize me if they pitched a fit even with a fair restitution.

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Well of course they planned it...after all FEMA predicted it in August of 2001....

" In early 2001, the Federal Emergency Management Agency, FEMA, ranked a major hurricane hit on New Orleans as among the three likeliest, most catastrophic disasters facing the United States. The other two were a massive San Francisco earthquake and, prophetically, a terrorist attack on New York City. "

www.spectator.org/dsp_article.asp?art_id=8732 (copy n paste)

Of course thye werent the only ones who knew. In March of 2001 Rupert Murdoch beat them to the punch....

killtown.911review.org...

California Earthquake Could Be the Next Katrina
By Jia-Rui Chong and Hector Becerra, Times Staff Writers

U.S. Geological Survey seismologist Lucy Jones remembers attending an emergency training session in August 2001 with the Federal Emergency Management Agency that discussed the three most likely catastrophes to strike the United States.

First on the list was a terrorist attack in New York. Second was a super-strength hurricane hitting New Orleans. Third was a major earthquake on the San Andreas fault.

Now that the first two have come to pass, she and other earthquake experts are using the devastating aftermath of Hurricane Katrina as an opportunity to reassess how California would handle a major temblor.

Jones, scientist-in-charge for the geological survey's Southern California Earthquake Hazards Team, and other experts generally agree that California has come a long way in the last two decades in seismic safety.

(snip)

A catastrophic temblor at the right spot along the San Andreas could significantly reduce energy and water supplies — at least temporarily, she and others said. Researchers at the Southern California Earthquake Center said there is an 80% to 90% chance that a temblor of 7.0 or greater magnitude will strike Southern California before 2024.

"We aren't anywhere close to where I wish we were" in terms of seismic safety, Jones said.

(snip)

Because the Los Angeles region is so much larger than the Louisiana city, it is difficult to conceive of a disaster — "short of an A-bomb" — that would blanket the whole city, let alone the whole county, in ruin, said Lee Sapaden, a spokesman for Los Angeles County's Office of Emergency Management.

(snip)

"We should not be at all surprised if something similar to Hurricane Katrina mirrors itself in California," Frank Turner [Seismic Safety Commission] said. "There have been lots of articles written about the failure of levees in the [Sacramento-San Joaquin] Delta, the loss of drinking water in California. This is just the tip of the iceberg."

About 60% of Southern California's water is imported from outside the region in three major aqueducts that cross the San Andreas fault, making them particularly vulnerable to major earthquake damage.

One branch of the 444-mile California Aqueduct, which carries water from the delta, virtually sits on top of the fault for a few miles near Palmdale. A second aqueduct from the Colorado River crosses the fault near Beaumont. And the Los Angeles Aqueduct, which transports snowmelt from the eastern Sierra, runs across the San Andreas in a mountain tunnel between Lancaster and Santa Clarita.

Southern California water managers say they've made progress in recent years building local reserves they could turn to if they lost water from one or more of the transport systems.

With such efforts, "we feel even more confident we are able to provide sufficient water to sustain us during an earthquake," said Debra Man, chief operating officer of the Metropolitan Water District of Southern California, the region's main water wholesaler.

Jim McDaniels, chief operating officer for the Los Angeles Department of Water and Power's water system, said that if disaster struck, the DWP could double its groundwater pumping within the basin and draw from its four big local reservoirs.

Major gas lines also come into Southern California over the San Andreas at several points, including at Indio, Palmdale, the Cajon Pass and the Tejon Ranch. Still, officials at the Southern California Gas Co. expressed confidence that the system could withstand a strong earthquake, noting they have been upgrading the pipeline for years....

Full article at: www.latimes.com...

That article link was working yesterday...now it isnt...I wonder Why? LOL

[edit on 17-1-2006 by Menses]

[edit on 17-1-2006 by Menses]

top topics

join