It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Florida Couple Accused of Spying for Cuba

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Like, this is really a matter of National Security? Wotta joke. I'm waiting to hear that Stanley Prusiner is a Communist sympathizer.

McCarthy is alive and well and living in America. Let the trials begin.

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Beside Russia, there are others who would like to have a contact in the US:

He's not on our Christmas card list, last time I checked.

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tereacheron
The US is notorious for and historically has always had the worst intelligence than almost any nation to date especially in any of our wars.

Or rather that would be a public conception of U.S. intelligence gathering capabilities.....

We are still the biggest nation in the world and with that comes the financial foundation for all types of intelligence gathering...including anticipation of scenarios such as this.

Which leads me back to topic.....the presentation that Cuba is still spying on us. I view it as a red herring for the reason that a huge percentage of the target audience is still going to remember the Cuban Missile Crisis and as such will have pre-established association by which to construct an emotional reaction to the piece. As a result, all current event of this flavor will be indirectly approved of.......this is merely misdirection.

Cuba isn't that big of a deal anymore....despite what anyone may think. Selling secrets? Yeah, to second what an above poster stated, the U.S. has its' hands dipped in that industry already.....

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Quit worrying about Cuba---Before you know it---Republican Lobbyist will be shuttling Republican congressmen to Cuba, where they'll have all the free wine, women and song, while staying in a luxiorious Delay resort.

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 08:23 PM
link   
They are charged with failing to register as foreign agents? You mean that the crime is not the actual spying, but just not telling anyone they were spies?
Thats so funny......

And I really wish you Yanks would stop acting so shocked and dismayed....like your not doing it yourselves for Petes sake.....

Baying for blood and public executions is one thing, but like someone else said, you would soon be up in arms if an American was done to the same abroad...

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock

Originally posted by Tereacheron
The US is notorious for and historically has always had the worst intelligence than almost any nation to date especially in any of our wars.

Or rather that would be a public conception of U.S. intelligence gathering capabilities.....

We are still the biggest nation in the world and with that comes the financial foundation for all types of intelligence gathering...including anticipation of scenarios such as this.

@MS&Maud, ok, perhaps I was wrong I can admit that. I was merely going on trends I'd seen in history and what my MUN teacher had been lecturing on in World History. Obviously, I should have done some more background research!

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Normally, I wouldn't have many concerns if Cuban spies were fBut after the recent election with Morales I start to worry. With this new anti-US triumvirate constantly preaching against the US and always looking for anti-american allies things can get pretty hairy very quickly. And no, I don't mean war but mostly on a political and economic scheme. Chavez and Castro as a dynamic duo made me a tad fearful by themselves.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join