It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could Inexpensive CCTV Equipment prove an abductees case?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 03:10 PM
link   
With technology now getting cheaper it would be inexpensive to add a cctv camera controller / capture card to your PC with up to 4 B&W cctv cameras with IR Illumination for night vision to monitor a room / house.
This would be set up to only record movement so the quality of the recordings would be astounding. If power is cut during visitations a UPS could be used for battery back up of the PC to keep it running.
This is just a thought for any one who looking to verify what is happening to them if they are suspicious.
Please post any thoughts or experiences if you have tried this out.

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 03:16 PM
link   
If the event caused a power failure due to some sort of EM field, then you would not get any footage still, however as long as everything is time/date stanmped you would at least notice the anomaly. Assuming that no-one else knoew about the equipment and how it was setup you would at least know that something out of the ordinary had occured.
I think it sounds like an excellent idea, fortunately I don't get abducted (to my knowledge) funnily enough even though I watch a fair bit of sci-fi geared in that direction and I also think about it a lot I still have not even had a dream. From what I hear it's not something to wish for though..

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 09:18 PM
link   
electromagnetic influences could certainly screw up your recordings as well as power outages. But it would be worth a try. If a person thinks they are being abducted and has proof that they are still in bed it would go a long way to show that it was a dream or other kind of mental halucination. If you could afford it a film camera on a timer would probably allow a chance without electromagnetic problems because the images would be to film and the ambient light values could be lower with the proper film. Stop motion settings on the camera to take a frame every few seconds or so could do the same thing you suggest. Just another idea.

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Your best bet is to handcuff yourself to your bed, possibly your legs also. Would be funny to see the puzzled look on an aliens face after seeing cuffs.

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 03:18 AM
link   
You'd think Aliens would do some sort of scan for any active electrical equipment for various reasons, amongst other types of scans of the area they are in. If folklore has any truth to it, they generally do a lot of staring into oblivion - maybe those eyes do a lot more than just seeing as we do.

A lot of abductions will talk about the Aliens peering into the room first or standing there looking for a while. That time you would think would be for some sort of recon of the surroundings.

While i have no idea if it's possible, i guess it could be, i reckon they would be prepared for a lot of scenarios and could probably render most to their advantage.

You might get some video of black-ops thou, or find your power cut in the morning!

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 04:51 AM
link   
I don't think anything mysterious has happened to me either. But I read the threads in here about the people who for various reasons suspect that they are. I thought that this might be a way to find out if anything is happening to them.

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 06:32 AM
link   
anyone cannot get a good pic these days - most mobile phones come with a camera - i ask, why no-one has ever used there mobile phones camera. The arguement that the cameras arnt that detailed at the moment is a rather lame answer, most camera phones now come in 5 megpixel models.... so why not a decent alien picture yet then????

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Also there's the time factor, wich is a major one. Suppose you record 8 hours of video every night. If you watch the tape at 2x speed it would take 4 hours to watch the entire tape. Even at 8x speed it would take 1 hour, 1 hour of constant concentration. The solution would be to only watch the tape the days you suspect you've been abducted.

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I would be prepared to be monitored, but there isn't always a warning before you are taken.

The cameras would have to go on for 24/7 and then you would have to review all the tapes, which would take time.

An independant moniter would prove useful, but who would do it for 24/7?

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I think the previous suggestion is pretty valid... Only worry about reviewing on those days one thinks they may have been abducted...

I know I've read some case studies of those who've tried to film such a thing, but were thwarted allegedly by the aliens. In some cases, there really are some strange film anomolies, etc., but it doesn't really help all that much to prove/disprove the cases....

Even if such a thing was captured, it'd be extremely easy to shrug off as fake...as photos and videos in this day and age, are easy to manipulate, and offer little in the way of proof.

At least one would know for their own piece of mind though....

Thankfully, I've only ever had one period of missing time, and I was a kid, so I can't really be sure any attempt to delve into that would be valid. Personally, despite what one may think, I really don't want to delve into it. First, I'm too knowledgable for my own good in this case, and may easily fall victim to fantasy recollection. Second, if something did happen, I don't really want to think about it... It was after my one and only sighting, but it was a pretty short period of time (about a half hour), and it could just be based on a memory gap from being so young...who knows.

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 02:56 PM
link   
The point is that you wouldn't have to monitor hours of tape as the system is set up to only record movement. With the software you highlight an area on the cameras field of vision and if something moves in it, it is recorded.
That way the quality of the recording is excellent and anything abnormal that was captured would be all over the net the next day as it is already on the pc.
For example , just do a search on ebay for "cctv capture card" to see what I am talking about. A cheap 4 camera one is under US$10.
Then search "cctv camera ir" The ir is important as this gives you the night vision. There are many various cameras, but it will depend on what area and how much you want to hide what you are doing. Prices are all over the place but US$20-30 will get you going with a camera.
Anywayz if I was waking up in the mornings with mysterious marks ect on my body I would be giving it a go.

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 03:04 PM
link   

The point is that you wouldn't have to monitor hours of tape as the system is set up to only record movement.

Sorry, but you move all the time while asleep. Kicking your legs, turning around (I think it was 10-20 times a night), flailing arms, adjusting pillow. We're Not still when asleep. However it would significantly reduce your daily viewing time if you did this, unless.... they're invisible.

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 03:06 PM
link   

maybe those eyes do a lot more than just seeing as we do.

I said on some rozwell doc on the history channel that when they found the dead ET's there was a scale around there eyes that allowed them to see in the dark and it was also like that though the windows of the crashed craft -SUPPOSEDLY

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I once saw a case where a tape recorder was used by someone. The person recorded every night for like 6 months. I guess when the reviewed one of the tapes a couple of months in they heard loud cluncks and clags I guess that was the abduction happenening i will see if I can find the source of where i was that

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I hate to post this because it was a local news report maybe 10-15 years ago, and I can't even think of where I was living at the time I saw it (moved back and forth between parents throughout school.) So take it with a grain of salt, but I felt I should post it--make a good and quick read at least. Anyways...

As I said, on the local news one night (maybe Southern California?...anyways) they were reporting a supposed abduction caught on video. I doubt anyone will ever be able to say whether it really was or not--I don't think they ever located the guy afterwards, or he wouldn't talk, something along those lines--but it was on a closed circuit security cam at a gas station or mechanics shop, I forget which.

This guy was on the camera, walking around or whatever, and the camera cut out to static for a bit. It comes back on and he's gone. Some time later, the camera cuts back out for a minute or two. It comes back on and he's there and rather sick (laughing at the ground).

Even reading it myself with all the missing details I feel like I'm making it up; I know I did see it on the news, and it was a fairly long time ago. Not something on Sci-Fi, or a documentary on UFOs, but the actual news. If anyone else can back me up on that I'd appreciate it...

Suffice to say though, I completely agree with those who say any electronics in range would be knocked out though.

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I think most power outages concerning Aliens are based on Science Fiction novels and movies. Wathing any of the UFO documentaries in the past two months, I don't recall any of the witnesses talking about complete power black outs. And from the numerous stories I can recall about abductions, they occur when the subjects already asleep in their beds. Lights already out.

[Fiction]So my take is that small CCD cameras would have a high probabilty capturing the aliens performing their dirty deeds. Aliens may be able to travel light years, but their medical procedures as soooo 1970's[/Fiction]

[edit on 10-1-2006 by nullster]

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Seems like people are just making excuses not to do it. The setup is cheap so whoever claims to be abducted just set it up and see what happenes. I am a firm believer that abductions are just imagined by people but if you do actually capture one on video you would be famous and rich
by selling the video to various TV stations. Set it up for motion and see how many times it goes off on the first night. You dont toss and turn constantly I bet the camera would be activated a maximum of maybe 20 times max so you could review the footage really quick.

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I've thought about doing it with some of the cameras I have for computer/game use, main reason I haven't is because I'm not really sure I want to see what's on the tape. What if I prove that my apartment's haunted? What if I do get abducted, even if I nothing seems out of the ordinary? What if I sleep dance to Britanny Spears?

I wouldn't mind helping someone else if they wanted to this, and I wouldn't mind watching someone else's tape of ghosts or aliens (no nocturnal escapades, though), but I'm a bit more comfortable knowing my fiance and I are alone in here.

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I'm sure I saw a programme about a married man who did just as you said.
I vaguely remember seeing the recording, the man's wife slept on soundly
as the man awoke, thrashed a little and then arose.
His speech was garbled and he seemed to be looking around the room.
As far as anyone could see, the only 'bodies' in the bedroom was the man
and his wife!

I agree that it should be tried, I mean who cares about checking the dull nights,
you capture the little grey b*ggers on film and that's the abduction problem
blown wide open.

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 04:54 AM
link   
It would be also cool to get a shot of someone levitating and going through a wall or something too.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join