It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A fight for our freedoms and country..

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by mashup
People say that the kids responsible for the atrocities of Columbine played loads of violent video games.

I'm 16, been playing Doom, Quake, Medal Of Honor, Call of Duty, Resident Evil games and more and I want to join the army when I'm older. Not sure if it's because of the video games though.....

hmmm Doom and Resident Evil dont really have much to do with army do they ?
Anyway...you dont feell like going around shooting people do you ?
That goes to show that the video games can't be the only thing to blame... about the columbine thing, it always amazed me, how could those kids have an weapon arsenal at home, without his parents knowing ????

The parents and the School are also to blame in the columbine case... but how did we get from NWO to Columbine ? One of the points of the supposed NWO is to desarme the countries...so no "fire spitting stick " for cilvilians..........

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by YIAWETA
Mashup, I commend your desire to join the military.But, please understand, sitting on your butt playing video games prepares you for nothing. Snipers are in fact the creme de la creme of any special forces squadron. Start tri-athlon training now and get lean and mean.

Actually, I seem to have cut down on playing computer games. I do fitness training and am receiveing military training at my school in the UK. Also, they actually do train you to snipe in the Royal Marines so it doesn't really matter if you aren't a natural shot to begin with.

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 01:59 AM
link   
My my has the turned into an interesting little conversation.. First and foremost, welcome WithoutEqual. Now for the potato of things..

1. Video games.. I feel conflicted on this one, since both sides have their merits. Video games do teach a person tactics to a certain degree, and certainly let them get a basic understanding of squad dynamics. But at the same time someone who has played video games for 10 years isn't going to be a killing machine. They won't have the nerves for a firefight, they won't be able to aim very well in anything but a sniper ambush situation, and the first gunshot wound is gonna spook the hell out of em'. However, a person so easily inluenced by the NWO combat guide I posted (And Im going to repost it) could also be tipped by a game of SOCOM.

2. I belive that it is a paretns responsibility up to a point, and keeping a child who could be turned into a columbine style commando away from things like this, or at least monitor the cash flow and make sure they can't get guns. If you know your kids a lunatic, and you don't know they have a small armory in their 10x10 bedroom (Which one of the columbine bastards did), then maybe you shouldn't be a parent. Because you know what? It dosen't matter what music they listened to, or that they played Doom and Duke Nukem, or that they liked natraul born killers.. They might've helped em off the edge, but those kids were teetering on it to begin with.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 11:55 PM
link   
lmao, not really. wit the whole born killers stuff it doesn't make much difference what happens to them

[edit on 1/25/06 by TristanBW9456]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join