It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did anybody else know about this caramel recipie?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 04:25 PM
link   
If you take a few cans of Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk and place them into the bottom of a large pot, on top of one or two dishtowels and boil the sealed on LOW-MEDUIM-LOW for 4 and a half to 5 and a half hours it will turn into the best caramel in the world.

The longer you boil it the more solid and darker it becomes.

It's that good !

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Is the result a soft carmel sauce or is it hard?

Sounds rather expensive to make considering the cooking time.

I have made carmel for years using a combination of karo corn syrup, butter, brown sugar and vanilla but that is meant to be the hard candy kind. That is a great recipe when making turtles or carmels for coating. That only takes 20 minutes at most and much cheaper that is why I ask.

All our friends just love them

[edit on 1/21/2006 by shots]

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Never tried that. But like shots said, there are quicker recipes for making really good caramel/toffee.

It takes me 20 minutes to make a ton of really good toffee. Even less if I want it to be softer.

I have a really good recipe for making liquidy caramel sauce for ice cream, confections, to drizzle, etc. It's quick and easy.

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by parrhesia
I have a really good recipe for making liquidy caramel sauce for ice cream, confections, to drizzle, etc. It's quick and easy.

I could use a good recipe for a caramel sauce, care to share?

[edit on 1/22/2006 by shots]

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by shots
Is the result a soft carmel sauce or is it hard?

Sounds rather expensive to make considering the cooking time.

I have made carmel for years using a combination of karo corn syrup, butter, brown sugar and vanilla but that is meant to be the hard candy kind. That is a great recipe when making turtles or carmels for coating. That only takes 20 minutes at most and much cheaper that is why I ask.

All our friends just love them

[edit on 1/21/2006 by shots]

This caramel stay's semi-soft depending on the temperature when you use it and the amount of time it has cooked, 5 hours and it will make your turtles go like rabbits,
4 hours and you can spread it over a cake or muffins like icing but it doesn't really harden.

an 8 oz. can of condensed milk is probably less expensive then the recipie you use to make 8 oz of caramel,
other than that all you need is water and a little bit of time.

"I could use a good recipe for a caramel sauce, care to share? "

3 hours

It's that good. :w:

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Please post your recipes so I can give them a try.

I've had all the ingredients for making fudge sitting by my toaster for 3 days and haven't made it yet because it's something I make all the time. I'd like to take a swing at making a carmel candy or toffee.

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Submersible
it will turn into the best caramel in the world. It's that good !

I realize that the original poster is now banned, but I just found this thread and wanted to throw my positive comment into the works.

I have a friend that uses this procedure to make "caramel pie" and it is delicious. I do not have the recipe for how she does it exactly, and she is in the process of a divorce so it is not a good time to try to ask her.

JDub

new topics

top topics

join