It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Movies(s) are You Watching Tonight?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I'm going to stay home tonight and watch movies. I was just curious what you're watching tonight?

The last movie I saw: Faith of Our Fathers (McCain story)

I still havn't seen anchorman. Anyone out there seen that (with Will Ferrell)?

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Anchor man was pretty funny but after I watched it once I wanted to bin it...

Just watched "The Last Samurai" what an awful film also.. I wish I could have had the last few hours of my life back! However the last good film I saw was called "City Of Gods" which is an excellent film (not one for those who can't deal with subtitles).

Would definitly reccomend it!

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Coach Carter and the Longest Yard just came in the mail yesterday from Netflix. Gonna try and watch them tonite.

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Not tonight but tomorrow night I will watch "Lord of War" (Nicolas Cage) again. I saw it once before Christmas and it was very interesting, so I´ll watch it again. "Lord Of War" is based on Viktor Bout’s life (also called "Victor Bout" with a "c").

LORD OF WAR Review by Stefan Halley

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klepto

Just watched "The Last Samurai" what an awful film also..

Would definitly reccomend it!

I have an interesting story about that film actually. When I first saw it, I thought it was terrible. It was when I watched it the second time that it found a special place in my heart........

Me and my dear 'ol Dad had the house to ourselves and were basically just eating junk and watching movies. The last film of the night we watched was The Last Samurai.

In the morning, my Dad was rushed off to hospital with a sudden, serious heart problem. So I was left in the hospital to wait for the rest of my family that were about 200 miles away.

Anyway...........fast forward a few weeks and my Dad is still in hospital and I am watching The Last Samurai and thinking when hes going to be out. That day I got the call that he was coming home.

So The Last Samurai is kind of a reminder to me of how oainful those few weeks were.

And tonight, I'll be watching the 1933 King Kong, followed by the original War of the Worlds.

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Tonight I'm watching garden state with my mom. It's a really good movie I've seen it a time or two last year.

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Tonight's line-up includes several episodes of "Fat Actress," followed by "Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy" (sorry, I just had to say that
) and "Closer." Anyone seen that?

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Well...

The director's cut of The Chronicles of Riddick just ended. It's still only a mediocre movie. Nice to look at, but just not that much to it.

I just put on The Long Good Friday-- one that I've been wanting to see for a long, long time.

I'm not sure what I'll watch next-- it depends on my mood.

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I'm going to watch Treasure of the Sierra Madre and The Warriors tonight.

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by JediMaster
I'm going to watch Treasure of the Sierra Madre.

Is that a Clint Eastwood movie?

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Last samurai was something that Cruise has done that was respectable lately, I thought it was an amazing movie and deffinately recommend it. You have to sit down and give it a chance I find, but man o man is it ever worth it.

I still have a bunch of dvd's I recieved over christmas that I have never touched yet, But im still into the seasons so I assume thats what Ill be watching. Still pushing through my seasons of Everybody loves raymond!

Great show!

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid

Originally posted by JediMaster
I'm going to watch Treasure of the Sierra Madre.

Is that a Clint Eastwood movie?

Nope, it stars Humphery Bogart

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I watched Derailed last night, well most of it because I turned it off when I got frustrated witht he story line. It's inconsistent, and in very obvious ways.

Has anybody seen it also so I can see if it's just me

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImJaded

I watched Derailed last night, well most of it because I turned it off when I got frustrated witht he story line. It's inconsistent, and in very obvious ways.

Has anybody seen it also so I can see if it's just me

Nope. But I havn't read one single good review onnit. I hate that for Jennifer Anniston and Clive Owen. I love them both.

ON SIERRA MADRE:

Ah haa! Bogart. Gotcha.

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Ok, I just watched "anchorman." Being a member of the big media, I thought it was funny. No one does parody like Will Ferrell. He's ridiculous!

Christina Applegate made the movie.

The media (internally speaking) isthat bad. It's still a fun bizness to be in, tho.

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 11:39 PM
link   
It's gonna be a PECKINPAH night tonight: 'The Wild Bunch' followed by 'Straw Dogs'.

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I just finished Longest Yard and Head of State. Both were pretty good. Chris Rock is one of my favorite comedians, so of course they were hilarious.

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 12:32 AM
link   
The Long Good Friday was every bit as good as I'd heard. Highly recommended for any gangster movie fans. Bob Hoskins is brilliant.

On a whim, I decided on Seven Years in Tibet for the next one. I saw it once years ago, but remember very little of it.

After that...? We'll see.

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I will be watching Open Range, anyone seen that, I just bought it yesterday. Love Westerns, great films. I would also like to recommend Tombstone to those of you who havent seen it.

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 11:22 AM
link   
LudaChris,
LOVE the avatar, yo! Go Cardiac Catz!

I just watched Mad TVs Frank Caliende (sp?) - he did a bit for FOX football - as Robert DeNiro. It was great!

He called out Carolina quarterback Jake Delhomme... "Hey Dell omey! Or DelHommy, whateva ya name is!...." FC killz!

My next movie will have to wait ("Closer"). It's playoff time and my boyz the Carolina Panthers are playing today. I have no idea which way its gonna go today. I love 'em, and I know they got greatness in 'em... but they could choke. I'd love to see one of those nail-biter games they pull out so well. Down to the buzzer... No one performs like Steve Smith on the long playz. I hope he gets him some today.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join