It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SCI/TECH: Microchip Security Hand Implants Now Available

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Microchip implants have been available for our pets for years. This technology is now available as a key to your front door or for computer passwords. Amal Graafstra, a 29-year-old entrepreneur based in Vancouver, Canada now has these implants that he received from a surgeon in Los Angeles, CA. The Implants are smaller than a grain of rice and can last for up to 100 years.

news.yahoo.com
NEW YORK (Reuters) - Forgetting computer passwords is an everyday source of frustration, but a solution may literally be at hand -- in the form of computer chip implants.
ADVERTISEMENT

With a wave of his hand, Amal Graafstra, a 29-year-old entrepreneur based in Vancouver, Canada, opens his front door. With another, he logs onto his computer.

Tiny radio frequency identification (RFID) computer chips inserted into Graafstra's hands make it all possible.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

For years, Christians have warned of a day when microchip implants would become required at the hand of the beast that is described in Revelations Chapter 13 as the mark of the beast.

We've all been watching for years as these technologies have been improving. Many see the stage being set for the end times that John described in the book we commonly call Revelations. Daniel said that in the last days, knowledge would increase. We all know that the world is becoming a more complicated place to live in.

The stage is currently being set for the reception of these microchips as necessities. As identity theft and credit card fraud becomes more prevelant, people will see the need and desire to have these chips implanted into their hands as a protection against such thefts of their personal data. One thing I think we'll see before that happens is a device that will contain all of our credit and medical info in it along side of your favorite tunes like an IPOD. This device may also function as our cell phone and a notepad. This future is almost here.

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 10:22 PM
link   
In the hand?
What sort of stupid place is that?
Lose your hand and you are ID lost.

The best place to put it in right in the middle of the forehead. Then all you have to do is bend over a scanning machine to be identified.

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 10:36 PM
link   
But you'd look so utterly stupid doing that.

LOL!

*subliminal message on

mark of the beast

subliminal message off*

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Not me, thanks anyway.

If i am lost or stolen, its ok, keep me. Eventually you will be sorry and give me back.

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 10:45 PM
link   
LMAO! dgtempe, priceless! Same with me...I'm not the best target for a kidnapping...I'm thinking if I put my mind to it, I could cause a conversion just on the outside hope it would get rid of me.

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 10:50 PM
link   
but could these chips also be tracked by the gov? if so, you are a volunteer for location at any time,

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Netchicken is a smart guy he knows that the revealation is for the chip to be in the hand or forehead.

This technology will be crap anyhow, people can be killed have there chip replanted and assume a new identity.

I would sugest that you reject the Governments who try to impose chipping in the future or you maybe in for a fire filled afterlife.

I say Chip serious criminals, terrorists etc they are going to rot in hell anyways.

[edit on 113131p://200111 by NumberCruncher]

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 11:08 PM
link   
It shouldn't matter much where the implant is placed. Wherever a detector is, it would scan your presence if you came within a reasonable proximity. If a car can be traced by satellite, I'm sure a person would be identified just by being within a few feet.

Isn't the idea behind these new id implants to aid security forces, finding and/or tracing individuals? What good would they be if the suspect had to be in contact, like a bar code reader in a grocery store?

When it comes to personal banking or purchasing, I'd be willing to bet biometrics will be the future. Chip implants will work in the case of parolees, much like ankle bracelets. They could most likely be injected directly into muscle tissue and activated by electrical currents which are natural in the human body.

Those implants for pets are a way for the animal shelters to identify the owners through a data bank after downloading the information from an inserted chip. I doubt they would be better than dna and biometrics for humans.

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Remember, what they go public with they are 45 years ahead of in advancement

(nano-chips)
and probably operational

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Also for what they are currently using this product for is over kill, why implant it, why not just incorporate the technology into a wrist watch ?

This is a picture of the Inventor Amal Graafstra just after being chipped , all you have to do is draw little horns on his head and the picture is clear.

Anyone know what ethnic origin the Name Amal Graafstra is ??

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 03:39 AM
link   

from masqua
Isn't the idea behind these new id implants to aid security forces, finding and/or tracing individuals?

Using them in Iraq would have thwarted a lot of kidnapping/beheadings.

from NumberCruncher
I say Chip serious criminals, terrorists etc they are going to rot in hell anyways.

Already being done, for some time now, in the UK. It's part of an early release program for a certain class of criminals.

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 03:57 AM
link   
"Graafstra" sounds Germanic or Icelandic to me. Perhaps even Scandinavian.

Also if you read the guys website it says the device is only readable from 2 inches away max.

Q: can't they track you?!
A: no. the read range is only 2 inches max. even with a high powered reader, the chip itself does not have the capability to transmit farther than a couple inches tops. this makes it very difficult to scan my RFID chip without me noticing, and it's definitely not possible to scan it just by me walking by a sensor or something. It has to be pretty deliberate.

amal.net...

[edit on 7/1/06 by subz]

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 06:05 AM
link   

"I just don't want to be without access to the things that I need to get access to. In the worst case scenario, if I'm in the alley naked, I want to still be able to get in (my house)," Graafstra said in an interview in New York, where he is promoting the technology. "RFID is for me."

OMG! What's wrong with this guy? He's afraid of being locked outside his house while naked in an alley. I think he need to lay down the beer bottle for awhile if that's his biggest concern.

Forgetting computer passwords is an everyday source of frustration, but a solution may literally be at hand -- in the form of computer chip implants.
With a wave of his hand, Amal Graafstra, a 29-year-old entrepreneur based in Vancouver, Canada, opens his front door. With another, he logs onto his computer.

I guess RFID implant might do the trick for password if the chip is re-writable. Because biometrics are meant for identification (i.e. entering a secure facility) and not for authentication (i.e. login on your laptop).

What I mean is if your textual password is stolen you can change it instantly from a keyboard before any damage is done, then you move on with your life.

But what happens when the biometric system get compromised? Changing your fingerprints is not an option. You have to wait until they fix the biometric system itself. How long will it take programmers to come up with a patch? Will they replace the entire biometric system? I don't think so, not if it cost them say millions dollars to put it in place. That would be like replacing ATMs at every banks in America everytime somebody lost his debit card. This is crazy! Using biometrics for passwords is flawed from the beginning.

As for being tracked. I wonder if the personal info is written directly on the RFID tag? Or is it just a unique number correlated to your name and address from a database, like the license plate on your car?

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Just my 2 cents, but it appears to me that this individual is just jumping on a band wagon to sell his product over others. The technology has been around for approximately 15 years. It also has been in wide use for sometime within the private sector, i.e., fedex, UPS and others on packages. I am not sure when they started to micropchip children, but assume that is perhaps five years ago so this is nothing new at all.

Source

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken
Lose your hand and you are ID lost.

The best place to put it in right in the middle of the forehead.

I agree! That way, if you lose your head, it doesn't really matter that you've lost your ID.

I guess these are for people who can't be bothered to keep track of keys or remember passwords? I prefer carrying my keys outside my body.

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Naw the best place to put this implant is in a buttcheek. All you have to do to get it read is sit down

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Just curious how is this any different from VeriChip? Or is he just jumping in on the bandwagon.

VeriChip lastest news..

New Signings in November Increase Medical Facilities to 68
DELRAY BEACH, Fla.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Dec. 1, 2005--VeriChip Corporation, a subsidiary of Applied Digital (NASDAQ: ADSX - News), a leading provider of identification and security technology, announced today that 68 medical facilities, including 65 hospitals have now agreed to implement the VeriMed™ System for Patient Identification.

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Where do I sign up?

Except I want a chip in me that is readable from 2000 miles, not 2 feet.

I want to lose all privacy, and responsibility.

If I am staying too close to a hurricane the government can call me.

If there is a killer heading my way the police can call my chip.

If the government thinks I am too close to a secret installation just call my chip and force my nervous system into shutdown mode, where I black out, piss my pants and wake up wondering what my name is.

Please Mr. Man...sign me up!

- One Man Short

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by One Man Short of Manhood
Please Mr. Man...sign me up!

- One Man Short

Dear One Man short of Manhood

As a representative of the 'Ordure Monde Nouveau', I can assure you that you need not sign up. All one needs to do is go to a grocery store and buy whatever products are popular with the age grouping of 5-10 years. We now have 100% of the 8-12 yr olds online.

Once these products are ingested, the nanochips incorporated in the food will be activated. Proximity to a personal computer, cell phone or cable television automatically will connect you to our data base.

We recommend a 'coke float' as being the tastiest way to get processed.

Blessed be the connected.

1 cola + 2 scoops vanilla ice cream = mmmmm + complete safety.

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I am laughing so hard this one is the best, I will have to agree that the best place to put an implant is in the forehead it will make the scanning easier.

But in reality what it seemed like a futuristic science fiction thriller is becoming a reality.

Yes the mark of the beast is coming to place near you in your body

top topics

<<   2 >>

join