It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homeland Security opening private mail

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 01:32 PM
link   

I think that the reason we do not take some of the abuses for real is due to the fact that we are not aware of been under this abuses yet.

It’s not just that, some people have cried abuse on a lot of stuff but there is no concrete proof for most of it, you would say that's because the government is keeping it secret, I would say its because it has not happened. That’s were we usually disagree.

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 03:25 AM
link   
I really do not understand what the big deal is on this one. Homeland security doesn't even need to open international mail. The customs department for any country can open that mail at any time and hold it for just about as long as they want. This is how international mail has always been. I'm a merchant. I deal in shipping packages overseas. The letters and boxes are always opened and held up in the customs department of just about every country I have mailed. Same with packages that are mailed to me from outside of the USA. There has never been privacy with international mail - It can always be opened - there doesn't need to be any reason - the customs dept will just flag it and open it - this is not new.

[edit on 10-1-2006 by zerotime]

[edit on 10-1-2006 by zerotime]

<< 1  2  3   >>

join